Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

James

Things seemed to have been turning around for the better for the Urie family. Brendon was able to get his job back, Lucille was finally able to feel happiness again being next to her husband once more. Charlie on the other hand was so over the moon with everything. He wasn't an idiot, he knew what his father was. Especially after catching him drinking the blood from a squirrel, gross. If anything he thought it was pretty cool, noticing how fast his dad could run around and could read his mind.

Brendon was currently working on his teleporting abilities, he knew this skill was going to take some doing but he really wanted to be able to get the hang on everything he could.

"Lucille?" Brendon's hair on the back of his neck rose as he could feel his wife's presence, but it was an unpleasent presence. "Lucille answer me." His voice grew louder rushing from the bedroom to the kitchen. "What's happened?"

"It's nothing Brendon, please." She tried cleaning her face up quickly before Brendon saw the bruise forming over her eye.

"Who struck you!?" He demanded to know, his voice nearly barked out at her as he slammed his fist to the countertop, crumbling the marble.

"Brendon, it's ok. Please calm down." She grew a bit terrified seeing her husband's soft brown eyes turn a glowing amber.

"James." He growled biting his fist turning on his heel to rush out the front door.

"It wasn't him! Brendon please don't kill anyone! Please!" She fell to her knees trying to grab at him and pull him back to her.

He knew she was lying, he read her mind the second he laid eyes on her. He angrily thought of the vampire's hideout and teleported successfully over to them after he stepped foot onto his front yard.

"Brendon." Henry greeted warmly, waving him over to the fireplace.

"We kill him, now." He seethed through clenched fangs. "He attacked my wife. My wife!" He roared tossing a mantle piece across the room. "I understood there to be a vampire always watching my wife!"

"Brendon, please. I can assure you whoever botched their post of watching your wife will be handled personally by me. But I must tell you, had you killed this man when I told you to this wouldn't have happened."

"What's done is done. I want to know where he is and I want him in my hands now." He ordered pacing the room, rage and hate entered his body and his aura began to change. The vampire's in the room including Henry grew a bit concerned about Brendon. They had never seen a more angry vampire in all of their days. Brendon was turning into something great and powerful but also damning and scary to the others. "Well are you going to help me or no!?" He snapped at their dazed expressions.

"Of course we will, we're family." Henry cleared his throat before snapping his fingers at the three sitting across the room. "You find this man." He ordered, thumbing their foreheads to imprint an accurate picture of who they were looking for. "Bring him here, now."

It only took an hour but the three vampires returned as quick as possible with James tied up and gagged, they tossed him to the floor at Brendon's feet before leaving the room.

"Remember me?" Brendon spat taking a knee to his prey, he rested an arm on his knee as he leaned over to look him in the eyes. James was absolutely petrified at the man he was staring at. He knew Brendon to have been dead, he had no idea he was alive and breathing again having moved a town away. "Wasn't really a smart idea to go after my wife today, should of made sure you killed me you son of a bitch."

He stood tall before kicking him in his face. Henry took his seat behind his desk and watched in fascination at how angry Brendon was at this man. He untied him and aloud him to take the rag away from his mouth to give him a fighting fair chance.

"Brendon...I-." He stuttered, growing weak at his knees trembling in fear.

"You stabbed me! You left me for dead! My wife had to watch as I nearly bled to death, do you know what kind of pain that caused her? Then she comes home today in tears, hysterical! And I see someone has put their hands on her and I automatically knew it was you! I've had so many chances to kill you James but I havn't. You're not a very smart man." He laughed at that last.

"She gave me no choice. I went to apologize to her, she wouldn't have it. She called me names and was unlady like, I had to teach her-"

"Teach her what!? I am what I am today because of you, if anything, I'm going to teach you what it's like to die slowly." He grinned before extending his fangs to him, his eyes burning red as he aloud his hunger to over come him.

"What the hell are you!?"

"The monster you made me!" He roared tossing him across the room.

He watched as James tried to get to his feet and scurry away like a trapped rat. It was entertaining to not only him but Henry watching him try and get away. "Come here!" Brendon ordered pulling him towards him with his mind. "Whoa." He was caught by surprise looking at Henry's same surprised expression. He didn't know he could move people or other things with his mind. But nevertheless he let the power flow through him as he continuted to thrown this man across the room.

Brendon finally yanked the mans tired body up and threw a few punches at him. He made sure to punch him with so much force that he broke every bone in his body with every blow. At long last he took a huge chunk out of the side of his neck, blood coursing out of his body like a stream. Brendon stepped back to watch this piece of shit convulse on the ground and gasp for air as he once did. He laughed at his attempts to hold onto what little life he had left. As his breathing began to grow slower he took the time to drink the remaining blood from his body. After he was done he flung his body into Henry's fire place and watched as his skin melted off of his body. Kicking him in further and further as he became nothing more than charred bones.

"Do what you want with his remains." Brendon waved a tired hand at Henry before sitting down. "I need to get cleaned up before I go home."

"Do you feel better?" Henry smirked.

"Yes, now that I know he's dead."

"Head on home to your family."

Once Brendon left, Henry called an urgent meeting in with a few of the out of town vampire heads. Expressing his concern for Brendon's abilities, it seemed he possessed every skill possible for a vampire. All vampire's have one special ability. Teleporting, mind control, mind reading, being able to move objects with their minds. The list goes on, but no vampire walking the earth possessed more than one ability. Brendon has shown most, if not more that he just doesn't know about yet. The rest of the council agreed with Henry that he was to be a very feared and powerful vampire perhaps indestructable.

"But how could we destroy him?" Henry asked.

"Why would we want to destroy him? This could be a good thing, if we had more vampires like him we could over power the human race." One member spoke up.

"On the other hand, he could realize he's better than anyone else and use that against us. He could kill all of us, he's already expressed how he hates what he is." Another objected.

"Henry, I can understand your concern but there's nothing that can be done. You created him, and I know we never know what will become of them until they turn but he's your responsibility. If you're concerned either step aside and let him lead or see if he'll relocate to another city that isn't ruled by vampires quite yet." One of the older members proposed.

"He has a family here, a human family. He's living as a human, he's not going to want to leave. And I'm not giving up everything I've worked for to let someone else run my city." Henry explained.

"You'll need to come up with a decision and let us know. Don't let on that he's the only one with these exclusive abilities. Let him live a normal life, don't pester him into becoming a full on vampire. If he wants to live a human like life with his family then let him and you won't have a problem."

After the vampires returned back to their rightful cities Henry sat and thought long and hard about what he was going to do. It wasn't worth a fight that he would end up losing just to prove a point. He was just going to let him live his normal life, but be available for guidance if he needed any. But the normal family life wouldn't last forever seeing as his human's would grow older and eventually die.

From that day on Henry didn't go looking for Brendon again, until a few years passed by and he came rushing back for a terrifying discovery.