Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

Runaway

Lucy lay in bed three days after William walked out on her continuously sobbing. Her eyes as well as her nose were rubbed raw from her cheap tissue. Lucy had to find the will to get up out of bed, to pull herself together for her doctors appointment.

After what Brendon told her she went and purchased an at home pregnancy test which came back positive. However, she didn't feel any different other than sadness. Nevertheless she still needed to consult a doctor to give her absolution about it all.

"Whoa." She gasped having caught a glimpse of her naked body in the mirror before stepping into the shower. Her stomach had bulged out to the size of a bowling ball overnight.

Lucy hurried with her morning routine and made a dash to her rental vehicle. The energy she once displayed a few days ago was beginning to fade at this very moment. She felt as if she had been up for days on end. She even thought about swallowing her pride and giving William a call to invite him. But after remembering his initial reaction to all of this, she decided against it. It wasn't her responsibility to reach out to him.

She finally got to the Gynecological department of the hospital and wearly made her way in. She breathed a sigh of relief noticing she was the only patient in there. With a bit more confidence she made her way to the front desk. "Good morning. Lucy Urie for Doctor Bheeda."

"Oh yes, please fill this form out and bring it back when you are done." The receptionist smiled sweetly handing over a clipboard.

After filling out her insurance information and her reason for being there she shyly handed the clipboard back to the front desk and quickly took her seat. She pulled out her phone and clicked to William's name. Her thumb was hovering between the text and call button before deciding on texting.

"Hey Will, I'm not sure if you'll care but I'm at the hospital to get some verification on my situation. Don't feel obligated to come but I just wanted you to know."

A bit of hope entered her seeing he had read her message and was beginning to text back. But the typing shortly stopped and nothing was sent back to her. Fighting back tears she just stuffed her phone back into her purse before staring off at the soap operas playing on the televison.

"Lucy?" A nurse poked her head out of the doorway.

"That's me." She smiled walking towards her.

"Ok before I take you back to your room I need to get a few things from you. I need your weight, blood pressure, a little backround, and urine."

"Oh is that all?" She joked stepping on the scale.

"I know, it's a lot. Ok what was your prepregnancy weight?"

"130ish I believe, but I haven't weighed myself in so long."

"You're at 150."

"Goodness."

"Nothing to worry about, it's normal to gain weight this far along."

"But that's the thing, I only found out I was pregnant three days ago. Three days ago I had no stomach and I woke up this morning to this. I'm very worried." Lucy confessed sincerely to the nurse.

"Hmm. Let me get your blood pressure then." She frowned wrapping the cuff around her arm. "Wow, that's high. Lucy your blood pressure is 190 over 120. That's almost stroke or heart attack material, how do you feel right now?"

"Honestly I just feel tired. But I don't feel any shortness of breath or anything like that."

"Let me gather a urine sample to check your sugar levels."

Lucy almost felt embarrased having to submit a urine sample. She had never had to pee in a cup before, it was truly a scene trying to obtain it. But after peeing on the floor, down her leg, and on the toilet seat she finally got enough into the little plastic cup for a sample. "Here." She huffed handing it off to the nurse before sitting back down.

"Lucy your sugar levels exceed 200 on this strip. You are showing some very high risk behavior right now. Lets get you in to see Doctor Bheeda and we'll get more information from you. Take everything off, the pink is to place over your top and the white is for your lower half."

Once the nurse left, Lucy stripped down to her bare skin and covered herself up with the thin paper sheets she was given. She rested herself up on the padded upright bed and waited for the doctor. She snatched her phone back out of her purse, still nothing back from William but one from Brendon.

"Lucy, please call me as soon as possible. There's something that you need to know."

Before she could reply a soft knock came from the otherside of her door.

"Lucy, so glad to meet you. I'm Doctor Bheeda, and you've already met nurse Rory. I have to say Lucy that these basic results we've gathered back from you are very serious. Rory also mentions that you just noticed you were pregnant."

"Yes, I woke up this morning to my stomach being this big. Anyone who saw me a few days ago would concur that I was not this big."

"Well let's administer a vaginal sonogram and see what's going on." Doctor Bheeda suggested. She placed her surgical gloves on as Rory lubed up the vaginal wand. The lights were shut off and the sonogram monitor was turned on. "Take a deep breath, this might be a little uncomfortable."

Lucy braced herself as the doctor pushed the wand inside of her, her uterus displayed on the monitor. In black and white the body of a full grown baby was shown. A few moments passed before the doctor finally spoke.

"Judging by how long the baby is already, and the weight I'd say your about 34 weeks along."

"That's not possible. Ive only been with one person sexually for a little over four weeks. Doctor I'm telling you something is wrong here!" Lucy panicked beginning to get upset.

"Lucy, I'm just giving you the readings. This baby is 15 inches long and weighs approximately 5 pounds. However I'm not really able to see the sex of the baby."

"This isn't right! I'm in a bad fucking dream, there is no way I can be this pregnant!" She shouted pushing away from the doctor and hopping off of the bed.

"Lucy, please calm down."

"No, I'll go and get answers elsewhere! This is ridiculous!"

"Lucy stop. Rory." Doctor Bheeda motioned to Lucy's stomach which was bruised and damaged looking. "Lucy, your stomach is severely engorged. Are you in pain?"

"No, I'm just tired." She excused throwing her leggings and hoodie back on. "Goodbye." She huffed snatching one of the printed pictures of the baby from the printer before racing out of there.

She felt like she was losing her mind. There was no logical explanation to any of this she had only been here in Leadville at least six months. She was definitely not involved with anyone sexually before she got here. No, it was not possible. That doctor had to of had all of this information wrong, there was no way she was 34 weeks pregnant.

Lucy was so hysterical by the time she got to the parking garage she had forgotten where she even parked. She leaned up against the wall and broke down, screaming in both anger and heartache to try and relieve the burden over top of her.

William was off into the distance, torn apart watching the woman he loved fall to pieces like this. He wanted to be by her side through all of this, wanting to take any pain she had away. But the thought lingered in the back of his mind that he was unable to produce children being basically dead. He had never heard of a vampire child being born before so it just couldn't be.

"William, stop." Brendon grabbed his old friends arm before he went into Lucy's view.

"I have to go to her." He responded.

"Look, they're here." Brendon pointed to the four men that approached Lucy. "They won't harm her, but we have to steer clear of them for now. You don't know what kind of weapons they possess, they could have something faster to kill that we are unaware of. Besides, you need to come with me. I have to show you something." He added, disappearing together.

"Ma'am are you alright?" A voice echoed through the vacant lot.

"Yes I'm fine. Thank you." She cleared her throat walking to her car.

"My name's Patrick. And this is Pete, Joe, and Andy." Patrick introduced, pointing at the others."

"Lucy." She smiled back, still walking to her car. "Listen I really have to go."

"You're the one that dates William Beckett right?" Pete boldy asked.

"I'm sorry, who are you guys?" Her suspicion grew as to how these strangers knew of him.

"In a nutshell, we hunt vampires." Patrick confessed.

"I'm going to ask you again are you with William Beckett?" Pete grew a bit more annoyed having to ask again.

"Yes, gosh. Well sort of, I really don't know anymore." She struggled to answer, truth is she didn't know if they were even going to be together anymore.

"Please tell me this isn't his child." Pete's demeanor grew stern and angry. "Do you even know what he is!?" He growled when she didn't answer. Grabbing her shoulders, his eyes piercing into hers.

"Pete, let her go." Joe protested pulling his friends arms away.

"You guys are scaring me!" She cried fumbling around with her keys to get into her car.

"Look, we're sorry to have scared you. We're just concerned, you do know he's one of them right? A vampire." Patrick informed almost sadly.

"No, no. There's no way he's a vampire, he would have told me." She brushed off uncertainly noticing their serious faces. "Oh God, you're not serious?"

"We know for a fact where he'll be tonight if you still don't believe us." Patrick spoke, handing her a piece of paper with a street address listed.

"When you're ready to accept all of this, and figure out what he's done to you we'll be here to help." Pete expressed before the four of them walked away.

Lucy got into her car and stared off into the distance. There was no way Will could be a vampire she thought. She couldn't comprehend why he would even keep something like that from her. But the curiosity in her made her want to be absolutely sure. She waited until sundown as instructed on the paper and went to the towns limits to an old warehouse that had been dorment for years.

She had to see it with her own eyes. She didn't want to believe that it was true.

Heart pounding through her chest, throat dry she swallowed only air as she crept up to the brick wall and peaked through the window.

"Oh my God." She lowly gasped, eyes wide as she locked onto his gaze.

Emotionless, he stared at her as if the moment was frozen in time. It was just as it was when they first met all those months ago in the supermarket. The love of her life was feeding off of a human being, blood dripping from his mouth down his chin. His eyes were glowing with hunger, but also remorse for having Lucy find him like this.

She stumbled back, tripping over something lost in the leaves and fell to her behind. Anger and fear washing over her all at once. Her pale cheeks suddenly flushed a fire red, warm tears slowly spilled out from her hazel eyes. She scrambled to her feet and ran off, not knowing where she was going, but knowing not to look back.

William ran out of the warehouse looking for her, a thick layer of fog was blanketing the outskirts of where he was he couldn't see a thing. He couldn't hear a heartbeat nearby, nor could he even sense her presence. He spun around in frustration not knowing where to go to look for her. He dropped to his knees screaming into his palms. "Lucy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This will be the end to this story, I do plan on writing a sequel to this so don't curse me just yet! Figured i'd let you guys know in case I didn't get the sequel started fast enough for you to realize I ended this one! So please stay tuned and leave me a comment if there's anything you'd like to see! :D