Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

It's A Date

"Brendon I don't know what I was thinking, for Christ's sake it was an impulse thing." William paced around the room, a nervous wreck realizing he had asked Lucy out without a second thought.

"It's going to be alright, just clear your thoughts. Don't flat out say you are the woman I intend on marrying. Goodness man, just court her. Take her out, eat, compliment, and take her home. It's that simple." Brendon explained.

"I've never had to impress anyone before."

"I understand but just be yourself, well without totally being yourself." Brendon tried helping.

William just stared blankly feeling helpless. He obviously couldn't bail out on her. She seemed so elated to have been asked out to dinner. He went and changed into an all black suit and patterned leather shoes. He styled his hair back and was fixing the cuffs of his sleeves before noticing his long time friend gazing into his fireplace. He had never been able to read Brendon's thoughts, but he knew he was living such a harsh life. He was almost surprised he never asked William to just end it all for him so he could find his way to Lucille's soul.

With another sympathetic gaze at his best friend he vanished to Lucy's apartment. He carefully gathered his thoughts to seem more human. It took him a few seconds before he actually placed his knuckles against the door to knock.

"Coming!" Lucy shouted from the other end of the door.

"William! I am not quite ready but please come in." Lucy invited.

He hesitated for a second, knowing that this meant he could enter her home whenever he wanted too even if she didn't know he was there. "I wont bite." She joked noticing him still standing at the doorway.

"Oh i'm not worried about that my dear." He softly chuckled entering her living room. "This is pretty cozy."

"Yes, just two bedrooms which is more than I need but it's nice."

"You always so optimistic?" William asked amazed at how innocent she seemed.

"Well, unless I needed a reason to not be I suppose." She shrugged.

If she only knew what kind of monster she aloud into her home. She had no clue as to who William Beckett was. How many people he's killed in his years as a blood sucker. How easily it would be for him to just end her life in a split second. William could hear her heart beating from across the room, she smelled so appetizing he was finding it hard to contain himself being so alone with her.

"Ok I think I am just about ready." Lucy concluded looking around making sure she had everything she needed.

"You look beautiful." He complimented eyeing her from her feet up.

"Well thank you, you're not too shabby yourself."

"Shall we?" He extended a hand out to her, leading her out of her apartment. Lucy was dressed a simple back dress with heels. She wasn't sure how fancy they intended on getting this evening so she didn't want to totally over do it.

They went to a small restaurant just before the town limits. Lucy still hadn't caught onto everyone's uneasiness of William's presence. They were seated in the back next to a window looking up at the mountains.

"I haven't been here yet, seems really nice." Lucy smiled.

"It's got a nice atmosphere."

"So where do you live around here? If you don't mind me asking."

"Just up those mountains there." He pointed.

"Oh my goodness it must be freezing up there!" She gasped looking out the window.

"It's not so bad. Its quiet, and you can actually hear the snowfall at night."

"I'm sure it's beautiful up there."

"I'd be delighted to show you, if you ever wanted to go."

"Oh absolutely, I bet the view is phenomenal!"

"It really is. I live up there with a close friend. Him and I have been friends for, I guess you could say what seems like a lifetime. But please enough about me, I want to know about you."

"Well I moved here from Tennessee when my grandfather died, I don't have any other family, I work at the candy store, and that's about it." She chuckled realizing how boring her life really was.

"What is it you like to do? There must be some things you like to do in your spare time."

"Well I like to go swimming. I like to read, and sight see really."

William sat and listened to her, she really was just an ordinary girl. What was it that was so special about her that made him feel the way he did? It almost irritated him at how gushy he was feeling. He's used to keeping a strong angry demeanor that acting like this made him feel like a wimp.

"I'm sorry I've just talked your head off tonight." Lucy blushed a bit embarrassed by her constant blabbering.

"No, no I've quite enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, how would you like to tour the mountains? Or we could check them out in the day time."

"Oh we could go now! You say the snow fall can be heard up there, that would be exciting."

"Alright then, lets go."

William grabbed her hand and led her to his vehicle. He swiftly drove them up to his home up the mountains. Lucy was a bit impressed at how well he drove up the mountain. Something like this would terrify her to do alone but she felt safe the way he handled it. Once he parked the car he quickly got out to open Lucy's door for her.

She looked around the sight before her. She had never been this high up before, especially on a snowy mountain side overlooking the town she lived in. She closed her eyes and she indeed could hear the faint sounds the snow made as it fell from the sky onto the already powdered surface. Every breath she took was a refreshing cold breeze through her lungs. "It's beautiful up here Will." She smiled finally opening her eyes again.

"It's one of the reasons why I live up here." He expressed showing her the way to his front door.

"Oh my goodness your home is huge!" She was amazed to see a home made entirely out of stone. It was gorgeous, it was a two story home with an overlooking balcony. The front door required two doors to open at the same time to gain entry. The place seemed like a palace compared to her apartment. "This is beautiful, I never would have expected you to live in something like this. This seems like something you see a celebrity staying in."

"This house has been here for a very long time, it's been decorated a time or to." William smiled, a bit pleased that she found his home so satisfying. "Brendon?" He called walking into his study.

"William, I sense you've brought a guest." Brendon answered staring at the woman that stood beside of William.

"Lucy, I'd like for you to meet my very best friend Brendon Urie. Brendon this is Lucy."

"What are the odds! My last name is Urie." Lucy cheered, genuinely jovial over the fact that she met someone with the same last name as hers.

Brendon's gaze shifted from Lucy's to William then quickly back to hers before she noticed anything of it. Brendon extended his hand out to be cordial but in reality he wanted to see into her mind. Gripping her left hand in his right, he cupped the top of her hand with his left. Instantly swimming through her mind, passed her memory into her family gene pool. Within half a second he knew exactly who this woman was. "Well." His voice a bit shaky he let her hand go and quickly turned around to contain himself. "It was very nice meeting you, forgive me, I am very tired this evening." He apologized before rushing off further into the house.

"Well let's tour the rest of the house shall we?" William spoke quickly to ease the tension. He wouldn't be able to find out what all that was about until him and Brendon were alone again.