Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

Vampires Don't Exist

It had been over an hour since William had left Lucy puzzled in her apartment. Growing anxious that the alarm still hadn't gone off and that William still hadn't come back she decided to go out looking for him. She slid into a pair of jeans and a sweat shirt before heading outside. Other than the ringing in her ears she couldn't make out any other sounds. No one appeared to be on the streets and there didn't seem to be any foot print tracks on the snowy turf.

She rounded the corner at the end of her street and passed by the gas station that sat there. She reached a sidewalk where some of the shops were and slowly made her way down it.

"Help!" Someone's voice shined through the chaos of the alarm.

Lucy stopped dead in her tracks to try and see where that plead came from, or if she was hearing things. There it was again. It was in front of her, she ran faster and faster as the pleading grew more rapidly. It was the voice of a man he was being attacked in an alley way. What could she do? She didn't know how to fight and she wasn't armed.

"Hey! Let him go!" She decided to just take her chances to try and break the fight up.

The attacker grabbed the man by the throat and pulled him in to take a huge chunk out of his neck before sucking the blood from his body. Lucy stopped about 20 feet away watching in horror. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, what appeared to be a human sucking blood from another man's body. This was something that you read about in tall tales, not witness in real life.

Lucy had to blink a few times, she was absolutely petrified at what she was witnessing. She slowly backed away and proceeded back out of the alley to the street. She screamed at the top of her lungs trying to hurry and make her way back home.

"Where ya going?" The man she had just ran away from had appeared right in front of her.

"Please, don't hurt me." She put her hands up backing away from him.

"Hurt you? I'm going to do more than hurt you beautiful." He threatened, showing off his sharp blood stained teeth. "But please, run, scream. I enjoy it."

Lucy ran passed him still trying to get back home. She was running down the middle of the street when he rushed in front of her again, tripping her before disappearing from her view. She fell face first into the snow, scraping her chin on the thing layer of ice that lay underneath.

"Come on, get up. You gotta do better than that." He teased, pulling her up by the back of her hair.

"Please, stop." She whimpered wiping blood from her chin onto her sleeve.

"But I love to play with my dinner."

"I am not your dinner." She spat throwing a punch his way, but he was way to fast. He kicked her in the back of the leg knocking her back into the snow.

"You smell so delicious." He inhaled with his nose pressed up against her neck. He rolled her over in the snow and licked at her chin, enjoying the preview to what he was expecting to intake.

"Let go of me!" Lucy ordered kicking and punching as hard and as fast as she could to get loose from his grip. Finally a swift kick to the groin aloud her to free herself to try and run again.

"Bitch!" He cursed hurling a piece of ice at the back of her head, she fell into the snow once more only this time not being able to get up. She was in and out of consciousness, gash so deep in her skull the blood was soaking the white snow she laid upon.

"William look! Snow cones!" The vampire joked as William swiftly made his way over to them. Knowing it was in fact Lucy laying on the ground. He smelled her blood the minute it escaped her body. William ripped him off of Lucy and tore him to pieces before harshly turning to Brendon to curse him.

"You see what you've done!? Is this what you want!?"

Seeing Lucy lying there unable to control her breathing let alone stay conscious broke Brendon from whatever trance he was set in. His eyes went back to their normal color and he seemed to focus on the surrounding area. He shut his eyes, mentally calling off tonight's hunt before taking his attention back to William. "Take her home and clean her up. I'm sorry." Brendon apologized before disappearing back home.

William scooped Lucy up into his arms before teleporting back to her apartment. He rushed her to her bedroom and began tending to her wounds. It took every bit of restraint he had to quickly clean her up to rid the smell of blood. His clothes and hands were smeared in her blood, it was intoxicating. Lucy's blood smelled so good, like it was an expensive delicacy. Her blood was different from any other's he was almost tempted to just try it to see how it differed. But he knew that if he did, he wouldn't be satisfied. He would have to have more and more until it was all gone.

"Will!!" She screamed in the night after he had finished stitching her up.

"I'm here." He softly reassured.

"Will it was aweful! I saw-I really don't know what I saw! I could of swore I saw a vampire William! I watched it bite into another person and kill him! He attacked me! Oh my god did he bite me? How is this possible? Vampire's are just a myth!"

"Lucy, please calm down. You need your rest. I'll answer any questions you have later after you've rested."

"Please, please don't leave me again." She pleaded wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I promise." He acknowledged, leading her back to bed and taking a place beside her. She buried her face into his chest, too frightened to pay attention to the fact that he had no heartbeat. "Rest Lucy." He whispered placing his palm on her forehead purposefully putting her into a deep slumber.