Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

Lucille Urie

Later that night Brendon paced backwards and forth in his study. Lucy on his mind was driving him absolutely mad. He just couldn't concentrate on anything anymore ever since he met her. Remembering he was aloud entry into her home he teleported into her living room. All the lights were off, he crept into her bedroom and took a seat on the chair that sat in the corner of her room.

He watched as she slept, wishing to touch her but knowing she would wake at his cold touch. He couldn't believe something so beautiful inevitably belonged to him. It was as if he was staring at his wife once more, the features were uncanny.

"Brendon, what are you doing here?" William whispered walking into Lucy's room.

He pointed towards the hallway to not wake Lucy. "I had to come see her again." He confessed.

"What is your sudden obsession with her?" William asked a bit defensive over her.

"She's my blood."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not going to count how many generations have passed but she is my descendant. My grandchild."

"How can you be so sure?"

"William, come on. Her last name is Urie. Lucy Urie, how much do you want to bet Lucy is short for Lucille? She's the first daughter born since the early 1800s. I had a sister and that's where the girls ended. When I let Charles go after Lucille died, I never searched for him. I didn't want him to live with someone like me, I hadn't thought of what kind of a family he had or where he lived. But I do know he was 83 when he died, I felt it the moment he died."

"You noticed her being your grandchild the moment you met her, didn't you?"

"Yes." He answered turning away, watching the light snowfall just out the window.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't know it was going to bother me this much. I'm puzzled at how she picked this town to come to. Although she is destined to be your wife, I just can't believe how this has happened. How odd is it that it took 200 years for a girl to be born into the Urie family?"

"It is rather odd." William was in a state of shock himself.

"I've been so angered and confused since I've met her. She's apart of me, apart of my Lucille. But I cannot tell her that her and I are related. She wouldn't understand and I can't having her know I'm a vampire, especially after what happened last night. She'd be terrified of me and resent me."

"Brendon, she's going to eventually find out I'm a vampire. Which I'm not so sure how she'll react to it, so you're not alone with that fear."

"She cannot find out about me. She is the closest thing to Lucille that I'll ever have again, I cannot do anything to spoil that."

"I understand."

"The word will be sent out that she is to never be harmed. If the thought even crosses anyone's mind they'll be destroyed on the spot." Brendon promised before vanishing.

William now understood why Brendon had been acting the way he had been. He couldn't imagine what he must be going through. Being so lonely for so long with no family and to suddenly find out you actually do have a family member. Even to a vampire that meant everything to them.

He watched Lucy sleep a little while longer before going back home.