Status: very slow

Hands

Find

Lights flashed as the deafening bass thumped against my ears, making it nearly impossible to hear anything at all. I leaned against the bar miserably sipping on a beer. Glancing around, girls in skimpy dresses accepted fancy looking martinis and daiquiris from the men that vied for their attention. I scoffed, shaking my head and looking down at the yellow liquid in my glass before taking a long gulp.

“Slow down there, cowboy” A hand slapped my back, practically making me spit my drink out. The voice was close to my ear and familiar, rolling my eyes I turned to face my friend, April, with a look of annoyance. I really had not wanted to come out tonight but it was Friday and sometimes I really tried my best to be social.

“Ready to go yet?” I asked, yelling as loud as possible to be heard.

“What? Not even close! I wanted you to meet someone!” April responded, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from the bar, spilling a bit of my beer. As if I couldn't have gotten more annoyed.

After being pulled across the club, April stopped us in front of a booth crowded full of a group of young looking men. They were quite different looking from the rest of the men in the club. Some of them had their hair dyed pastel colours, while others kept it plain black, and their clothing choice stood out the most. The only thing I could think of was the fact that these men certainly looked like models.

“Guys, this is who I wanted you to meet!” April shouted, leaning into the table before gesturing towards me. I stood awkwardly, beer in hand, tugging at the hem of my own skimpy dress as all their eyes fell upon me. I waved timidly, glancing around the table. The men smiled kindly and waved, all except one, his eyes situated on my face. He was brooding, bleach blonde hair flopped against his forehead, slightly covering his eyebrows. I tore my gaze away as one of them spoke to me.

“April was telling us how much fun you are at parties so we told her to go and get you, do you wanna join us to celebrate tonight?” His voice was deep and he smiled sweetly, showing off his dimples. His frame seemed more tall and slender than the rest as he sat on the end of the round booth, one hand on the table the other resting on his own leg. I could still feel the gaze of the other man on my face. I nodded awkwardly, sitting down next to April on the leather booth seat. She introduced each of the men, but there were too many for me to remember exactly who was who.

I also questioned why April had told them I was fun. She knew I was more of an introvert than her, and the only way to get me to loosen up was to get me to drink. Other than that, everyone had always told me I was too much of a stuck up goody two shoes.

I took sips from my drink, listening to the conversations. Only one of them seemed to speak fluent english, the one who had spoken to me before, April called him RM. He would translate what the others had said if they couldn't say it themselves. The language barrier didn't seem to deter anyone from speaking though, especially as things began to get silly. The one named V was being jokingly flirtatious with April, nudging her and teasing her, speaking in slightly broken english. April ended up bumping me, asking me to move as they stood from the booth, V grabbing her hand and dragging her away towards the dance floor. I shook my head as I watched them leave, sitting back down.

They began dancing, quite silly at first but as the song changed she put her back against his, hands holding her waist and I brought my attention back to the table. The other guys had been having a conversation to which I was completely oblivious. There were some words in English, but the rest I couldn't understand.

“Sorry that they don't exactly speak English,” RM said, leaning forwards slightly, speaking to me.

“It's no big deal,” I smiled kindly but felt very awkward.

What if they were talking about me?

I glanced around at them all again, but they seemed to be paying no attention to me. The youngest looking one was leaning on another, who had full lips and a beautiful smile that took over his whole face. The younger one looked sleepy as the other laughed at something.

I pulled my phone out of my clutch, checking the time. 11:58 pm. It wasn't that late, but it was a bit too early to be leaving just yet, especially with April still partying, I wasn't going to leave her in the company of a bunch of random foreign men, even if they did look like models.

I unlocked my phone, checking some of my social media before realizing I had no notifications. The only thing noticeable was a text from my mother, like every other night, asking me to call her. I rolled my eyes and slipped the device back into my small bag.

“Uh, I realized I didn't catch your name,” RM spoke again, his eyes surveying my face.

“Oh sorry,” I laughed nervously, “I'm-”

I caught the blonde one's eyes boring into me once again, out of my peripherals.

“Uh, my name's Leia,”

RM nodded, “Like Princess Leia?”

Did he just reference Star Wars?

I laughed lightly, my head dropping for a second, feeling the blush on my cheeks at the word princess.

“Yeah,” I smiled back up at him, “My parents were pretty big nerds,”

“I think it's cool,” He smiled back, showing off those dimples once again, before taking a sip of his drink.

A light scoff caught my attention, but apparently no one else had heard it. I glanced over to where I could feel the intense gaze resonating from. The blonde one had his tongue poking his cheeks, intense eyes meeting mine. He blinked slowly, unwilling to look away. I swallowed, my lips parting slightly.

He really was quite attractive.

I tore my eyes away, taking a long drink before bringing my attention back to RM.

“April said your name is RM, right?” I asked, blinking sweetly.

“RM is really just my stage name,” He rubbed the back of his neck, “My real name is Namjoon, you can call me that,”

“Stage name?”

“Yeah, we’re kind of a musical group,”

“Music? I thought you guys were models,” I gawked.

The one with the full faced smile giggled again, making me realize the table had been listening to our conversation. So they could understand what I was saying. Suddenly I felt embarrassed having all their attention on me.

Namjoon laughed bashfully, as well.

“No, no, uh, K-pop,” He stated.

Oh. Oh. I had heard of K-Pop before but had never ventured into it. I made a mental note to google more when I got home. I simply nodded in response.

“You know BTS?” The blonde one finally spoke up, surprising me. His voice was smooth and just as deep as Namjoon’s.

“Uh, no,” I awkwardly answered. One of them said something to him, not in English, before laughing a squeaky laugh. The blonde one turned to him and punched his shoulder. Namjoon snorted, almost choking on his drink. The others laughed along, making me feel self conscious. My fingers played with the rim of my glass, gazing at the nearly empty drink. I quickly downed the rest of it before standing.

“I'm just gonna go get another drink,” I said, turning away, taking my clutch with me. I felt far too awkward with them without April around. I walked quickly towards the bar, trying not to trip over myself in the heels I was wearing. I had never been very coordinated and alcohol certainly did not help the situation. I glanced in towards the dance floor when I passed by, seeing April still dancing with V. Would she be fine on her own? I felt like a terrible friend at the thought of leaving her.

I ordered another drink, squeezing between the people at the bar. Waiting, I turned my back, glancing back out into the venue. I could see their table in the gaps between the crowds. They were all still laughing, not bothered by my leaving. Of course, except for the blonde one, who's eyes connected with mine across the floor. I was surprised and embarrassed he caught me looking, so I turned away, however I could still feel his eyes on me.

Another full pint was placed in front of me soon after, as my hand reached for the glass covered in condensation, ready to down half in one go when a large pair of hands landed on the bartop next to me. Their skin was darker than mine yet still somehow pale. A couple of rings adorned the long fingers. I was paused, the glass halfway between the counter and my mouth.

“Sorry,” He said, body shifted towards me, hands grasping one another.

“It's okay,” I mumbled, as he leaned closer to hear me but he didn't touch me. I brought the glass to my lips, reveling in the relief I felt from the cool beverage in the over crowded hot building.

“Uh,” He cleared his throat.

“You don't speak English right?” I asked, straightforward as I turned my body towards his. He leaned back, surprised. He looked less confident now that I faced him, my eyes meeting his.

Maybe he's used to more submissive girls?

“Learning,” He answered simply, “I know a little bit,”

A small smile graced my lips, thinking his attempts were cute. Thinking that he was cute. We stood there awkwardly as I was unsure of what to say, not sure how much he would understand.

He ordered himself a drink, and I almost giggled at the way he simply said “beer”, pointing towards my drink. How he had looked so threatening before was beyond me. I watched as he licked his lips, admiring his smooth skin.

How the hell is his skin so perfect?

After the alcohol started to take hold I thought fuck it.

“I didn't get your name,” I said, turning towards him again, catching him mid-drink.

“Suga,” He stated.

“...Your name is sugar?” I asked, blinking, thinking I had misheard him.

“Ah, stage name,” He repeated Namjoon's earlier words.

“I mean, what's your real name?” I shook my head, my hair brushing my shoulders. I really needed it trimmed.

“Min Yoongi,” He said calmly, eyes flickering over my face.

“Your name is Min?” I asked again, trying to confirm.

“Yoongi,”

“Yogi?”

The music was so loud I was having trouble hearing him. He simply laughed, revealing his smile. He didn't seem angry that I kept butchering his name, if anything it was funny to him.

He broke his name down to two syllables for me as I repeated after him, finally grasping it.

I stared at him as he smiled, a gummy smile with a slight overbite that lit up his face. He stared back, dark eyes watching my lips curve upwards as well.

God, his eyes were beautiful.

“You two having a staring contest?” April yelled, suddenly appearing, touching both our shoulders. Yoongi moved away from her touch slightly as she let her hand drop, seemingly not bothered.

I had jumped at her sudden appearance, diverting my eyes from him. I realized from the way she stumbled a bit, she was drunk. Before I could say anything she leaned in to whisper in my ear.

“I'm going with V, have fun with Suga,” April pulled back and winked. I tried to grab her arm but she slipped away into the crowd again. I managed an “ah” before I realised she was gone. Shit.

Slowly, I looked back to Yoongi, smiling awkwardly, nervously, noticing the smirk on his face.

I'm not drunk enough for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

idk