Status: very slow

Hands

Admittance

“Well?” Yoongi prompted, hands still in his pockets.

The snowflakes fell and landed in his hair, blending in with his bleached blonde hair. They collected on the faux fur lining of the hood of his winter jacket.

“It's a long story,” I shook my head, trying to avoid the subject. I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't feel I owed him an explanation or simply because I wanted to distance myself from my reality.

“I've got tons of time,” He shrugged, expression dour.

I glanced towards the street. Was I really going to tell him my life story in an alleyway?

“Not here,” I responded, pulling my hood over my head. It was large enough that it drooped down to cover half my face.

“Where then? It seems like someone is looking for you,” Yoongi asked, beginning to follow me as I took off in the opposite direction. The alleyway got slightly darker as we went but I could see the other street at the end.

“I don't know, anywhere inside, away from street view,” I responded.

Yoongi followed me. We walked in silence, the only sound was our footsteps echoing off the buildings beside us. We came out to the other end of the street, turning right and walking past groups of people leaving the same club we had been in earlier.

He walked a few paces behind, his hand occasionally touching my back as we maneuvered past people in the street. Finally a cafe came into view, the lights vibrant in the city street.

“There,” I said, nodding my hooded head towards the little shop. He nodded as well, snowflakes falling from his now damp hair. We crossed the road, opening the door to the shop with the ting of the metal bell over the door. He guided me towards a booth with seats high enough that you would be unable to see anyone in them from outside.

I sat down while he headed towards the counter, speaking to the young lady behind the register. She nodded multiple times before he handed her some cash. I took my jacket off but left it draped over my shoulders, keeping myself warm.

“I hope hot chocolate is okay,” Yoongi said as he reached the table, taking off his own jacket, folding and placing it on the seat next to him.

I nodded slightly, fear building up inside me. He sat across from me, hands folded over one another. His dark eyes were glued to my face, darting from one feature to the next. Mine did the same.

I took in his pale hair, which was dark at the roots, sticking to his forehead due to its wetness from the snow. A droplet fell from one of the strands, landing on his nose that was pink from the cold. He had pouty lips, rosy and kissable.

I shook my head at the thought, looking down towards the table, my eyes landing on his hands. His long fingers and slightly veiny backs of his hands. One wrist had a gold watch on it that was slightly covered by his black sleeves.

“So?” He prompted.

I swallowed hard, wondering where to start.

After a moment, I spoke, my throat tight.

“His name is Jack,” My eyes were still fixed on his fingers, “He’s some big shot businessman who inherited his father's company and wealth. He bought out my father's company and threatened me,”

The young lady from behind the counter brought over two mugs, interrupting my explanation.

Yoongi thanked her, then waited for me to continue. My hands wrapped around the warm white mug, staring at the delicious smelling liquid that was topped with a mound of marshmallows.

“I met him before though. Through a friend. She had gone to college with him and described him as very attractive. She said that he was really nice and what not, I- of course- believed her,”

“I'm guessing you shouldn't have,” Yoongi spoke up, before taking a sip from his drink.

“No, not at all. He took me on a couple of dates, really fancy ones, expensive places with important people. It wasn't really my thing but I was caught up in the moment, falling for this guy I thought was so fantastic. It was too late by the time I realized I was wrong about him. I tried to leave him but he was already set on me,”

“I don't understand, why couldn't you just leave him?” Yoongi asked.

My eyes flickered from his own towards where the entrance was, paranoid.

“Jack is very possessive. When he claims something that's the end of the story. There's no arguing, no fighting, no reasoning. If he wants it, it's his, end of. And he claimed me. And he'll do everything in his power to make sure I stay his. At first, I found it endearing, I thought it was attractive. But now, I can't wait to get away. I need to leave,”

Yoongi was silent, his eyes once again taking in my features. There was a look on his face, eyebrows quirked strangely, but I couldn't decipher it. A mixture between confusion, upset, and anger, likely.

“So leave,” He said simply.

“It's not that easy,” I sighed, “He bought out my father's company, my family all think he's the greatest thing that's ever lived. He's given them massive amounts of money and he's the one paying for my education. I can't fight this anymore, he has a hold on everyone,”

I sunk back in my seat, eyes up towards the ceiling, trying not to cry. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, a dam ready to open.

It did, as soon as I felt Yoongi’s hand wrap around mine, taking it off the mug I hadn't even taken a sip from. His fingers laced with mine, gently. My eyes came back to his, the dark brown enthralling me, not allowing me to look away this time even though tears spilled over.

“I can help,” He stated. His voice was soft, quiet.

The dulled sound of cars honking outside, people talking and hollering, the music playing in the coffee shop. All those sounds were tuned out. I was in a world that simply existed between Yoongi and I, at that moment.

“How?” I responded, my voice cracking.

He blinked slowly.

“I'll get you out of here. I promise,” His hand squeezed mine at his last words.

My lips parted, taking a deep shaky breath, believing in him. I was putting trust in this stranger. This man I barely knew. The man that I had just met, not too long ago. The man that, when my eyes landed on him, I hadn't realized how important he would come to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

sorry that jack is like, the stereotypical possessive bf lmao