Status: very slow

Hands

Wait

We stayed in our little world for just a bit longer, our eyes glued to one another's. There didn't need to be any words said, the quirk of Yoongi’s kissable lips on one side and the slow blink of his beautiful eyes said all I needed to know. He cared. For whatever god damn reason, he cared. I couldn't explain it. Not for him, and not for myself. The feelings that stirred inside me at his words were unexplainable.

I promise. It echoed inside my head for the next five minutes. His hand staying around mine tightly, his thumb brushing my knuckles as my tears subsided.

We were pulled out of our little bubble though, the sound of a phone ringing bringing us back to reality. Suddenly, everything seemed so loud. The cars outside zoomed past, the whoosh of air radiating through the cafe windows as the snow fell heavier. People's voices pierced my ears, giving me a headache. The music inside was suddenly too loud.

Maybe it was reality crashing down on me once again, or maybe I was already hungover.

Yoongi pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it to his ear. His hand slipped from mine as he stood. I opened my mouth to protest but he held up a finger, looking apologetic. He started speaking in Korean to whoever was on the phone as he walked to the back of the shop, down the dimly lit hallway towards the washrooms. I sat still as I heard a door close and open, indicating he entered the other room.

There was a ting from the front of the shop, indicating someone else had entered. I paid no attention as my eyes trailed down to the now melted marshmallows, beginning to take on the same colour. I held the mug to my lips and took a sip, relishing in the warmth and sweetness. Two attributes that now strangely caused me to think of Yoongi.

My eyes fixated on the empty seat across from me, wondering who he was speaking to on the phone.

Does he have a girlfriend?

I wondered, my thoughts running wild with so many different scenarios that my logic couldn't keep up.

It wasn't until someone approached the table did my imagination seize, dark dress shoes coming into my peripheral.

“Mrs. Williams,”

The raspy voice of a smoker indicated just what I had thought, it was Robert.

Which meant that Jack was just outside.

Panic built in my chest. I gulped. I knew this was a test. Jack had done it before. He'd send Robert, his ‘personal assistant’, to retrieve me and if I refused, he would come and get me personally. That's when the real trouble would start.

“Robert, do you have a pen?” I asked kindly, trying to hide my escalating fear. Within a second, a blue pen was held out. I grabbed a napkin, quickly scribbling on it.

Yoongi I'm sorry he found me.

Please, I still need your help.


I scribbled my cell phone number below it. leaving the napkin on the table before handing Robert his pen and standing. Outside of the window, I could see Jack's black SUV. I knew he was watching. I gathered my things, pulling my arms through the sleeves of my heavy jacket and holding the front closed. Robert walked in front of me, holding the door open, the crisp wind hitting me in the face, blowing my hair around.

“Leia,” I hear Yoongi's voice call out, just before the door slammed shut, the bell ringing above it loudly.

Please don't follow me, I thought, not wanting him to encounter Jack. He didn't need to do that, not tonight. My hands gripped my jacket tighter, trying to will him not to chase after me.

Robert opened the back door of the vehicle, allowing me to climb in. There sat Jack, in his suited glory. Typical of him, never wearing anything but the finest. He was most girls dreams, their type. A rich man who would pay for your every need. But he wasn't for me, he wasn't my type at all.

Robert closed the door, rounding the vehicle to the drivers side. He closed the partition between him and the two of us. I gazed out the window, into the coffee shop, as Robert drove away. Yoongi stood beside the table, ripped jeans, white sneakers and a black long sleeve shirt. His arms at his sides, a blank stare on his face, looking back at me. He was the complete opposite to Jack, appearance wise, but he was lost from my view as the SUV pulled away from the sidewalk, back into the late night city traffic. My heart ached as we left him behind.

“Who was that?” Jack immediately asked, not bothering to look at me. His fingers played with the stubble on his face.

“No clue,” I responded, surprised by how convincing I sounded.

“You're not to go out with April again,” He stated sternly, as if I'd actually listen. I bit my tongue, seething as I took a deep breath. I screwed my eyes shut, letting my head fall against the window beside me with a thump. The rest of the car ride was silent. We arrived back at Jack's place in silence. I would never call it home.

Robert opened the doors for us before I followed Jack inside his apartment building. He said hello to the doormen, who nodded at me in recognition. I smiled half heartedly, trailing behind Jack a couple feet, dreadfully. I wasn't sure what was going to happen when we reached his floor, and as I stepped into the metal box of an elevator, my fears increased with every floor we passed.

Jack stood beside me, hands in his dress pants pockets. He stared straight ahead at the silver doors, no indication of emotion. If it was a year or two ago, I would’ve thought he was attractive. He had the structure of a Greek statue, a strong nose, prominent brow bone, and solid body. Dark green eyes and slightly wavy light brown hair. He was tall, at least 6’3, and walked with power. He just oozed confidence and control. I turned my gaze away from him, instead watching the numbers, seeing the buttons light up on the indicated floors, when it finally reached penthouse.

I gulped, stepping out as the doors slid open, Jack's hand resting on my back, making me flinch away from his touch. He seemed to sense how uncomfortable I was and removed his hand, reaching up instead and loosening his tie as we made our way down the hall to his front door.

“We need to talk about this,” He said, as if there was anything to talk about. Jack didn't talk, he demanded and directed. He ordered. There were no negotiations, only rules.

“No, we don't,” I replied, watching as he unlocked the door. His eyes flickered up, almost rolling in iritance, before he stepped inside. I followed, kicking off my heels by the door.

“Where are you going?” He asked as my feet slapped against the tiled floors, heading towards the modern staircase.

“To get ready for bed,” I called, my voice echoing off the walls. I continued to walk away, hearing him sigh before I closed the door to the bedroom.

It wasn't our bedroom. It was his. Everything in it was simply Jack. From the plain black bed sheets to the boring city landscape he had hanging on the wall. Everything was so neat and orderly, he couldn't stand for something to be out of its place. I was one of those things, according to him.

Dropping my clutch on the dresser, I peeled off my dress, letting it fall on the floor. I began to head towards the bathroom when I heard a chime from my bag. I turned around, retrieving my phone from the clutch and was surprised to find a text from an unknown number.

Are you okay?

My brows furrowed in confusion before it clicked. Yoongi.

L: Yes, I'm okay. He hasn't done anything yet.

Y: Yet? Where are you? He's not going to hurt you, is he?

L: I'm at Jack's place, it's ok for now. And no, not physically at least. That's not his thing.

Y: You shouldn't be with him.

I sighed, bringing the phone with me to the washroom.

L: I know, but I don't really have a choice right now. I may have a plan though.

I set it down on the counter as I turned on the shower, sliding off my undergarments.

Y: ???

L: Are you busy tomorrow?

Y: Not too busy for you.

My heart fluttered. Was he flirting with me? Or was he simply taking pity on me because of the situation?

L: I'll text you tomorrow and we'll meet up. For now, I need to delete these messages so Jack doesn't read them. Goodnight, Yoongi.

There was a delay in his response this time. I closed over the bathroom door as I heard Jack's footsteps coming up the stairs.

Y: Goodnight, Princess. Be careful.

I bit my lip, my stomach doing a summersault. I had heard the nickname many times, however it seemed to have a different effect on me when Yoongi used it.

Quickly, I saved Yoongi's number, however putting him under an inconspicuous female name, so as Jack would not suspect a thing. I deleted the messages, hearing the bedroom door open. I flipped my phone face down on the counter and slipped into the shower. There was a light knock on the door before it opened.

“Jack, I'm showering,” I huffed, annoyed, at him and the fact that there was no curtain due to it being a walk in shower.

“It's nothing I haven't seen before,” He said flippantly. I rolled my eyes, turning my back to him. I heard the sink turn on before the sound of him brushing his teeth was apparent. I could still feel his eyes on my body, making me uneasy. I cleaned up as quick as possible before grabbing the two towels on the rack and wrapping them around my body and hair.

Jack quickly finished and followed me back to the bedroom.

“So where's April?” He inquired, stripping himself of his suit.

“With some guy,” I shrugged, trying to come up with a lie, “He hit on her and she left with him just before you showed up,”

I opened the drawer to the dresser, the one full of all the clothes Jack had bought me. I pulled out a silk nightgown, trying to pull it on without taking the towel off first. I heard him scoff behind me.

“She really is a tramp, isn't she?” He clicked his tongue in disapproval. I bit my tongue again, wanting nothing more than to turn around and slap him. Instead, I simply said nothing, putting the towels in the hamper along with my dress.

“We're going to dinner tomorrow with some important people so make sure you dress nicely...and appropriately,” Jack added, sitting down on the bed in his pajama pants, taking off his watch and setting it on his bedside table.

There was a feeling of dread hanging over me. Suspicious as to why his anger of me being out had seemingly disappeared. I knew it wasn't good, that this was going to be drawn out. He was going to make me say sorry without asking me to. He knew how to manipulate me to.

I quietly climbed in bed, staying as far to my side as possible. I was thankful that Jack wasn't a cuddler in his sleep, instead preferring to have his back to me. At least I could take some solace in the fact that I would have my space while I was unconscious. Jack followed a minute later, keeping his sculpted back to me and switching off the bedside light, the room swallowed by darkness.

We didn't say goodnight, or I love you, or any of the common courtesies when you're falling asleep next to one another. No, instead it was silence. The only noise audible was the muffled sound of traffic in the city outside the building that lulled me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter kinda sucks cause it's basically filler but not really filler and idk

how do u write stories lol idk

what's a plot??? who knows??? not me!!

Image