Mistakes Happen for a Reason

Chapter Three

I don't know how long I slept for, but I was awaken by my bed dipping in from the weight of someone's body. I stretched as I tried to rub the sleep way from my eyes.

"Daddy?" I asked my vision clearing up as I yawned. Once I was awake enough I could see my dad's bright smile as he looked down at me. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face as I lounge into his arms.

"Hey Princess." he smiled as he hugged me back just as tight.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't suppose to be back until next week." I cried. I am an all over daddy's girl. He's being away was what hurt the most. I could talk to him about anything whenever mom wasn't around. Since I was the youngest I somehow ended up being closer to him. When he was home we'd spend the night watching animated movies and eating ice cream. He'd read all my favorite books with me and anything else I wanted. I guess it was that with him I existed. I wasn't just pushed aside and given whatever technology just to keep myself occupied, quiet and out of their way. My dad took the time to notice and understand me. I was his princess and he was my King.

"Well Mr. Johnson called to congratulate me on something I had no idea about yesterday. Is it true Summer? Are you nine weeks pregnant?" I could feel the tears coming to my eyes as the punch from the question hit me full force. I hadn't expected Dr. Johnson to tell her husband, but I should have. The Johnsons were close friends with my parents. I should have known.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you daddy. I was waiting for the right time, but it never came. I just didn't want to disappoint you. It was never my intention for this to happen. I'm really am sorry." I cried holding my head down in shame.

"Princess I'm only disappointed in the fact that I didn't hear it from you. My first grandchild and I have to hear about it from someone else." he laughed. "Babygirl I don't think it's possible for me to be anymore proud of you. You're handling this like you should be and trust me when I say that I know about your bank account and will be more than willing to help you with anything you may need.
Please don't feel like you can't come to about things like this, and don't worry about your mother. I'll take care of her. I remodeled this basement for you and you only. You can stay as long as you need to and longer."

"Thank you daddy." I whispered tears still streaming down my cheeks as I hugged him again. We spent a while longer talking about whatever before my phone started to ring. I ignored it once I seen that it was Tyler calling. I had already gotten enough of his rejection for the day and I didn't need anymore.

"Princess, I'm going to go get dinner started, but I have one thing to say. Give the boy another chance. He was probably in shocked and needed a moment to recollect. Don't hold it against him. Now that he's had some time to think it over go off of what he says now not what he did then."

"Okay daddy." without another word he left to go upstairs. Tyler called twice more and I just watched as the phone rang. My Dad was right, but I wasn't ready to talk to him just yet. I was to tired to deal with it. I was hungry, but to lazy to get up and get food and I really didn't feel like being bothered. I just wanted to stay to myself for a moment longer. Just as I was beginning to doze back off a text came through on my phone.

From: Tyler,
I'm sorry about how I reacted earlier. I shouldn't have ran off like that, but you caught me by surprise. I had no idea that was the reason you were avoiding me. I just wanted to apologize and maybe you'd give me another chance to talk this out when you're ready. Goodnight Summer. Sweet dreams.

To: Tyler,
Goodnight.


I didn't believe a word he said.

...................


When I woke up again it was well past midnight and my stomach was growling. I wanted pizza. Pepperoni pizza to be exact. I headed upstairs and was shock to see my mother at the Island drinking a glass of wine and smoking a cigarette in the dimly lit kitchen. Something told me to just turn around and heat up one of the sausage pizzas I had in my own freezer, but I couldn't even if I wanted to. I craved pepperoni and she was staring right at me. I sighed as I went to the freezer and grabbed one before heading back to my room. I should have known she'd be here. Even though she cheated and moved next door it was clear my dad still loved her and wanted her to come back. He was better off without her.

"Get back here." she breathed in a stern tone. I groaned as I turned around, but stayed rooted in my spot. The look on her face let me know that she already knew. I knew what was coming next.

"yes." I breathed making it known that I'd rather be doing anything else besides standing here and talking to her.

"Don't speak to me like that." she spat slamming her hand on the table as tried to intimidate me. I wasn't little and that definitely didn't welcome me anymore. "I don't care how grown you think you are since you're carrying that little abomination of yours. Since you want to sleep around like a little whore I hope you know that means no more living off of me. I'm not raising nothing that didn't come out of me. Do you understand me? It's time for your ass to grow up." I narrowed my eyes at her not caring that what I was about to say might hurt her feelings. For on thing she definitely had her daughters mixed up.

"Excuse me? First off, this is daddy's house not yours. Your house is next door. Remember, you wanted to prove to daddy you didn't him him for anything. Or is that what you wanted everyone to think because I was hearing whence kicked your cheating ass out. Never did you 'raise' me. I had a nanny until I was thirteen and daddy whenever he could be here while you traveled with Winter and Skyler. Unlike you though I will be here for my child 'mother'. I will be nothing like you and my child is nothing of an abomination. Besides I've had a job since I was fourteen. Graduated high school two years early. Spent all my time on studies so I never went anywhere. Worked for any and all allowance daddy gave me and I saved. I pay for my own insurance and I give daddy rent. I don't freeload off of him like you do. I'm nothing like you or Winter. I actually know what work is. So why don't you go to your house with the two children you love and leave daddy and I alone. Your divorce is close to being finalized anyways. Besides I'm grown now. I'm twenty-three years old Jacqueline. I didn't need you then and I definitely don't need you now." I spat before going back into the basement. I hated my mother for turning this house into what she has. Since she moved out it's even more of a desert now than it's ever been and it's all her fault. She stepped out on daddy and forced us to choose sides. I don't care how much he worked he didn't deserve to be cheated on. He was working to provide for her. He was a good man who took care of his family and did so much more.

I can't say that her reaction wasn't unexpected though. I knew she would call me names and spew hatred at me. I had chosen daddy over her and she made it clear that she resented me for it. I could hear her screaming, yelling and throwing things around the kitchen as I locked the door and put the pizza in the oven. I poured myself a glass a juice right as there was a knock on my door. To my surprise it was Tyler. I barely had the door open before his lips were pressed against mines as he kicked the door closed and led us towards the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's all I have for the day for this story. Enjoy!