All Is Fair in Love and War

Step into the Darkness

Zacky's POV

Brian folded his arms and looked at me as if somehow this was all my fault. I rolled my eyes at him and walked over to Abby, who took a small step back from me. I smirked at her fear. She glared back at me.

"So is anyone going to explain what's going on?" She asked, trying not to look at me.

"Well, did my brother here actually explain anything to you at all?" Brian asked, gesturing to me.

"No. He just dragged me here after this black... thing... attacked my home," She explained.

"In my defense, I was trying to get her here and I told her it was a Corrupted,"

"But nothing thing else?" Brian asked, shaking his head as he already knew my answer. I shrugged at him.

"You're better at explaining things then I am," I grinned, cheekily. Brian shook his head and poured himself a drink.

"Where to begin?"

"At the beginning," Both me and Abby stated at the same time. I smirked at her as she crossed her arms while Brian shook his head.

"Abby, you might want to sit down," Brian stated. She looked at me and I nodded so she sat down. "The things that were after you are known as Corrupted. They were once human like yourself but once they died, they turned into those forms due to their sinful lives. Me and Zack are hunters of them. We keep them in check and make sure the world's balance is ensured. We have done this job for centuries, along with our other brothers, Matt and Jimmy,"

"So basically you're like the Winchesters from the TV show, Supernatural?" Abby asked, confused. Brian sighed.

"No. Firstly, that is fictional and secondly, Dean and Sam are portrayed as humans. We are far from it,"

"If you're not human then what are you?"

Brian looked over at me and I shrugged.

"We're horsemen," He stated. Abby stared at him.

"As in... Horsemen of the Apocalypse?" She gasped, color draining out of her face. Brian sighed but nodded. "Oh god. Is it the end of the world? Is that why that thing attacked me?!"

"The End isn't coming," I pointed out. She looked over at me. "We've been around for thousands of years and oh look the earth is still very much ok and your race is still alive. Hmm definitely not the end of the world,"

"Zee, it is natural for her to jump to that conclusion," Brian pointed out. I flipped him off. "Childish,"

"Fuck off,"

"So you're not bringing the rapture?" She interrupted.

"No," Brian stated.

"But you're the four horsemen of the Apocalypse?!"

"A title that was given to us by mortals," I pointed out. Abby rose an eyebrow. "It was mankind, who decided we were harbingers of the end and thus called us Horsemen of the Apocalypse. In truth, we are just horsemen,"

"So you're not War, Death, Pestilence and Famine?" She asked. I smirked as I saw Brian's mouth tick a little. He hated it when people didn't know he wasn't Famine.

"We are personifications of those things," I replied. She looked at me.

"Death?" She asked.

"War," I replied, sipping my drink.

"That makes more sense," She replied before turning to Brian. "I'm guessing Famine,"

"Conquest," He suddenly growled, making Abby jump. "Not fucking Famine! I am not some fucking asshole who starves people!"

"Um," Abby gasped as I laughed. "What?"

"Famiine isn't even a horsemen and Brian hates it when people refer to it as one or refers to him as it,"

"I was not made to starve people, Vengeance!" He growled. "I was made to rule over them!"

"He also has a bit of a King Complex," I chuckled.

"So who's Death and Pestilence?"

"Jimmy is Pestilence and Matt is Death," I replied, getting up and walking over to a doorway. "You can meet them,"

"Where are we going?" She asked, getting up and following me. Brian walked over too, mumbling about been a king. I opened the door. It was all shadowy and black. Abby gulped as she looked at it.

"To our castle. Until we can work out why the Corrupted are after you, we need to protect you. Earth is their home so we can't go back there and they can't get in our castle," I explained. "Follow me,"

With that, I stepped into the darkness...

Abby's POV

I gasped as Zacky let himself fall into the darkness before Brian smirked at me and did the same. I looked back at the doorway to the nightclub and went to walk towards it. I could run away and forget all of this but the darkness seemed to call to me. I reached out for the handle of the doorway back to sanity but I hesitated and looked back. God knows if they're telling the truth but if they are. I bit my lip and walked over to the darkened doorway before closing my eyes and letting myself fall through. I felt the rush of air as I fell quickly. I wanted to scream but I couldn't find my voice. I screwed my eyes closed but I didn't hit the floor like I was expecting. Instead, I fell someone catch me.

"You owe me $40, Syn," Zacky stated as I opened my eyes. I blushed as I was in his arms. He smirked at me then put me down as Brian flipped him off. I looked around and saw we were in front of a castle.

".... It's a castle..."

"Well, if you prefer a mansion," Zacky smirked before waving his hand in front of the castle. It literally changed into a mansion before my very eyes. I stared with my mouth hanging out as the two of them began to walk towards the house. "I like it like this,"

"The rooms better be the same,"

"They are," He replied before turning around. "Come on, Abby. We don't have all day,"

I shook my head and caught up with them.

"Welcome to Bat Country,"
♠ ♠ ♠
And I've updated again. Whoop!