XO

on the first page of our story

Their relationship started out like every other relationship. Happy and in love. But that only lasted for five months before his true colors began to show. What was once love was quickly turned to hate. He began drinking more and turning into a real asshole. If she didn’t listen to him, he would beat her to the point where she couldn’t breathe.

Her best friend was aware of the situation, but she didn’t want her friend to do anything about it. She didn’t want the cops involved or anyone. He already warned her he’d kill her if anyone knew what he did to her. She was terrified. How much longer was she going to be able to survive this for? If he didn’t kill her, then she was just going to kill herself. No one should have to go through this.

She had no way to escape other than when he was at work. But even then it was hard because he made sure that she was never alone. There was always watching her which made it even harder.

I’m tired of living like this. Tired of wondering why I’m not good enough for him. Tired of being abused constantly. I’ve done everything for him, and this is how he treats me? By beating me to the point where I’m almost unconscious? I think I’d rather him just finish the job. It would be less painful then laying here in a puddle of my own blood. I love you, but I just can’t do this anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the story of my last relationship, but more details will be added. If this is too sensitive for you, then probably shouldn't read on. Writing this was even hard for me, but need to get it out somehow. But feedback is welcome

if he isolates you from family and friends, then he's toxic.