Starlit

Two

I caught a brief glance of her short blue hair and black leather vest before she faded back into the crowd. I almost thought I had imagined her, but I saw the blue waves of her hair bobbing up and down through the crowd, and I knew it hadn't been my imagination.

I was so lost in my thoughts of having my face buried between those lush thighs that I didn't notice the first time Sandy had tried to offer me my drink after her return. I realized where my thoughts had headed, and felt my entire face and neck grew hot. It wasn't like me to jump to that kind of thinking so quickly.

"Earth to Annamae?" Sandy said, waving her hand to get my attention. If it was even possible to feel any more embarrassed in that moment, I probably would have died from it.

I snapped my attention back over to my friends and shook myself of the dirty thoughts. Not successfully so though; they were just at the back of my mind now. Sandy had a brow raised, and Garret was watching me carefully.

"You want your tequila sunrise?" Sandy asked. I nodded enthusiastically and took the drink as she passed it over to me. A smile settled onto her face then.

"You know, Mae," Garret said thoughtfully. "I've know you a long while, now. And I think I'd know that look anywhere. Must be quite fit for you to be undressing her with your eyes like that."

I had just started to cool down, and now my flesh was burning again. I downed my drink and set the empty glass back down onto the table. Garret and Sandy both watched with wide eyes, though Garret also had his eyebrows raised. I hopped down from the bar stool.

"I need another drink- or five," I said, swaying slightly as I left the table. Garret burst into laughter, and Sandy followed not too long after.

"So, she was checking someone out?" I heard Sandy start, but the rest of the conversation was drowned out by the music the further I got away from them.

I shook my head, licked my lips, and pushed my way through the crowd and up to the bar. The bartender was a well-built, tanned young man in a too-small tank top and booty shorts. One of the strobe lights hit the lone earring in his ear, causing sparkles to dance everywhere momentarily.

"Hey there, sweetheart," he said, leaning over the bar toward me. "What can I get for you?"

I opened my mouth, and then closed it again. What did I want? I racked my mind for the list of drinks I knew they served here, but had no clue whether or not this new bartender would be able to make any of them. I pursed my lips.

"Shot of vodka, and- one of those," I said. I pointed over to the cooler where bottles of ales were stocked.

"Strawberry, blueberry, or apple?" he asked.

"Surprise me," I said. He shook his head, but filled my order.

I knew it was a little rude to make him choose for me, but my head was still reeling with thoughts of the blue-haired girl with the thick thighs and slightly from the alcohol I downed. I wondered if her ass was just as big as those thighs, since I hadn't managed to catch a glimpse of it. And what was with the lecherous thoughts?

I knocked back the shot of vodka. It burned, but didn't taste like anything really. I grabbed the strawberry ale the bartender had opened for me and made my way back to the table.

Garret had his hand on Sandy's bum, and her arm was snaked around his shoulders as they kissed. Had it been any other couple I would have smiled and let them be. But these were my friends, and I had to give them a hard time for it.

"Ew, get a room," I said, sitting back down in my seat. Garret pulled away and winked at me, while Sandy stuck her tongue out at me.

"You're just jealous that I'm getting some from not one, but two drop dead gorgeous gentlemen, and you can't even seem to find one lady to lay you," she said. My mouth fell open for a short while before I closed it again and rolled my eyes.

"Please, I'd rather be single forever if it meant I'd never have to see Garret's gross dangly bits ever again," I said. At that Garret burst out laughing and threw his head back.

"That was one time! And I'm so sorry for that!" Sandy said quickly.

"You're just jealous that you don't have one," Garret said once he'd cooled off. He grabbed himself for emphasis, I shielded my eyes and he laughed again.

"Come on, dear," Sandy said through her laughter. "Don't make the poor gay vomit- again."

"She started it," Garret winked at me again. "Now, where were we..." Garret pulled Sandy back in for a rather wet-sounding kiss, and she giggled against his lips.

"Gross!" I said. I took a few gulps of my ale and set it down on the table again. "I'm going to go dance. Watch my drink for me."

Garret's long fingers closed around the neck of the bottle, and he tilted it back for a swig of the drink. I glared at him and he grinned.

"Don't you worry," he said and set the bottle back down.

"Watch my drink does not mean drink my drink, Garret," I grumbled. All three of us laughed though.

"I'll join you in a bit," Sandy said. I nodded at her and made my way to the dance floor.

I danced with a group of ladies, and two extraordinarily tall men. It amazed me how tall the two towered over the rest of us.

We danced together for a couple of songs when two of the girls decided to wander off to the restroom together, giggling and stumbling over each other like they'd had way too much to drink. The two men started full on making out, grinding against each other. The other girl and I giggled and confirmed that the both of us had hoped the two would end up together. And then the girl jumped, pulling her phone out from her pocket and excusing herself.

I was about to head back to the table when Garret and Sandy made their way over. Sandy took my hands in hers and swayed back and forth with me to the music. Garret did his own awkward dance next to us.

"What happened to you watching my drink?" I called over to Garret.

"I sort of, well- it sort of somehow ended up in my stomach," he giggled. I groaned and he shrugged with his hands in the air.

"You're a dick," I said. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he reached over to grab it, but I pulled back. "Ew!"

"What? I was going to help you clean your mouth out; it seems a bit dirty tonight," he laughed. It was obvious he was referring to the one word I had used, but I had to come up with a retort. Even if it was a bad one.

"I'll have you know I brush my teeth twice a day, as the doctor recommends," I said. He and Sandy laughed and shook their heads.

An hour flew by of us just dancing. Eventually Garret cut in to my dance with Sandy, pulling her close. She didn't mind it, and neither did I. It was getting a little to sweaty in there for me.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air," I told them, and they nodded.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as best as I could, as I pushed my way through people. There were at least less people there now, with the night starting to wind down. I imagined some of them had to get up earlier than I did. I cringed at the thought of getting up any earlier than 10AM.

The night air was warm, but still cooler than the air inside the club, and was a relief to my overheated skin- whatever was exposed of it. Jeremy smiled at me as I passed by him, and I paused to turn to him.

"What's up, buttercup?" he asked.

"Just in need of some fresh air," I sighed. He nodded at that. "It gets hot in there, especially with nonstop dancing."

"Well, we've got plenty of that stuff out here; that fresh air stuff," he nodded again and I smiled. He held his arms out as if to gesture at all the air. He glanced around then, as if to make sure no one was listening, though the few people out there were sucked into their own worlds. "So, that bartender. Does he got a cute little but, or what?"

I snorted in my laughter. Of course Jeremy would have a thing for the bartender. I just hoped it would work out for him, unlike the last time.

"Oh, sure," I said. "I'll say. He probably does squats." And then I found myself daydreaming of the blue-haired girl with the thick thighs again. Jeremy smirked at me and cocked a brown.

"You turning straight there, girly?" he asked. "'Cause those there are what you call the goo-goo eyes." I laughed again and shook my head.

"Oh, no, I promise I'm not," I said. "I just- saw this girl earlier. She was like a goddess. Could have been Poseidon's daughter or somethin', with the hair colour."

"Oh, I've seen that one," Jeremy said. He dropped the smirk and nodded. "Came out here earlier. She's apparently new around here. I'd be wary of her, Mae-Mae. She seemed like trouble dressed up real pretty to me."

I crinkled my nose at the nickname, and swatted Jeremy on the arm. He let out an 'ow', followed by a pout and furrowed eyebrows as he caressed where I had hit him.

"You'd best be wary of me, if you keep using that nickname," I said and started to wander off. "I'll be back soon."

"You'd better be nice to the bouncer, or maybe he won't let you back in!" he called back after me with a laugh. "Be safe, girl."

I waved at him as I walked. I didn't walk very far though, just over to the darkened alleyway that was seemingly unoccupied. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes, and leaned back against the brick wall. When I opened my eyes again was when I noticed I wasn't alone. I hoped she hadn't overheard us.

The girl with the blue hair leaned back against the brick wall across from me. My eyes widened at the sight, and my heart started to race. She eyed me with a wariness that rivaled that of a stray cat. The vibes she gave off could be clearly felt now. I worried my bottom lip.

"So, you're new around here?" I asked her. Her eyes widened like she was shocked I was talking to her. She nodded her head slowly and then pushed herself off the wall, making her way over to lean next to me on my wall.

"I get the vibe you've been here a long time, but this isn't where you're originally from," she said. Her voice was different than I expected- pleasant and light, though slightly damaged from a smoking habit most likely. I shrugged at her question.

"It's the accent, isn't it? My parents moved to a small town about 40 miles from here, when I was thirteen," I said. She nodded her head and pursed her lips for a few seconds. A few seconds of silence passed before I stuck my hand out toward her. "I'm Annamae, but my friends usually call me Mae."

"Harper," she said with a smirk. She shook my hand briefly. Her brown eyes held a hint of mischief to them. "Anyone ever call you Ann before?"

I had to think about that for a moment. I don't think anyone had ever called me that, not in all my twenty five years of life.

"Nope, but I don't mind it if that's what you wanna call me," I said. The smirk turned into more of a small smile, a sort of light dancing behind those brown eyes that were starting to reel me in despite my instincts telling me to turn back. It was probably the alcohol getting to me though.

"Alright, Ann," she said with a nod. That was when I noticed the lip piercing. It only added to how attractive she was for me, and I had to force back thoughts of that lip ring brushing against areas of my skin and how it might feel like. "Wanna dance?"

I nodded eagerly, partly to shake away the thoughts, and she led the way back into the club. I got a nice view of her backside since she walked in front of me along the way- and it was just as plump as I had imagined it to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today for the first time in ages, it's warm out. Also! I just watched the live action Full Metal Alchemist movie. It was alright, but now I gotta rewatch the anime. Gonna go play Pokemon Go after I upload this. Have a great week all!