The Hurricane

Stop the attitude

A loud bang startles me from my dreams the trailer is no longer going forward but backwards i immediatly want tyler to be here to reassure me. Perking my ears i listen for any signs of danger all i hear is a few peope talking outside.
Whickering nervously the light blinds me for a second then a woman is standing in the entryway to the trailer a sad look on her face. "Oh my your in bad shape. Natalie you have a stall ready right?"

"Yup the one too your right that way he doesn't have to go far." The girl natalie peaks in at me her eyes go wide. "Wow i havnt seen one in such bad shape before."

"Thats apart of the job Nat." The unamed woman sighs stepping towards me. Squeling i toss my head in the air stomping my good foot and flattening my ears.

"So your a grumpy one huh. Tye said you may give a bit of attitude." She clips the lead on my halter a moment later clearly unafraid of me which is abit frustrating concidering up until recently a loud shreik sent people scurrying away from me at the auction.
Following her out i walk only a few steps when the woman puts me on a cross tie attached to both walls on either side of us.

"Now we're gonna sedate him so i can clean it and get an xray." The older woman says to Nat who takes off for a moment reappering with a box of medical supplies i think. Perking up abit i watch the two of them set all kinds of weird tools and medicine bottles out on a small table i didnt notice before.
Natalie steps in front of me a red feed bucket in her hands i toss my head in excitement the smell of oats hitting my nose making my mouth water.
Wiggling my lips around I try reaching her but the cross ties keep me in place She laughs letting me stick my head in the bucket. I dont really remember much of the other woman cleaning my leg and xraying it but its not long before im in a large stall with a bucket of water and a soft blanket on my back.
"Ill get these xrays examined by doc paul and we'll go from there with planning his treatmant."
"Ok sally i hope its not broken. I think tyler kinda likes him." Nat sighs looking back at me i take a step towards her whickering softly looking for more food. Hopig its not to obvious.
"No more food piglet youll hurt your belly if you eat to much." Nat laughs pointing a finger at me.
"Dammit." I grumble.
"Me too Nat no animal deserves to be thrown away like a broken toy. The other horses from the trailer will be in shortly all of them are to stay here until they are awarded to the shelter."
"Yes Ma'me. I'll wait for the others and finish getting the stalls set up." The two seperate the older woman sally leaves and the girl Nat heads down the stall row and out of sight.
"Well you are in shit shape thats for damn sure." Turning to the stall next to mine i find a black stallion staring at me a displeased look on his face.
'"Excuse me."

"You look like crap is all im saying dont get all offended." He snorts tossing his head up once.
"Kinda hard when you don't even ask my name before you start making fun of me." I give him a dirty and look back down the stall row.

"Not making fun of you we all looked like you at one point before we got here. Boney and crap fur." He states stepping closer to the bars seperating us. "The people here will definatly be good to you." His eyes show more meaning behind his sentence.

"So your telling me not to kick people for the fun of it huh." I respond sarcasticaly.
"Exactly." He nods his head up and down. "My names Bartholemew."
"Bartholomew?" I ask . What a weird ass name.

"Yup my girl Tara named me bartholomew. Shes one of those goth girls well thats what the others call her." He states his ears perking up abit. "Here she is"

"Hey Bart how are you doing today?" A short young woman with a black bob hair style and pale skin says happily as she unlocks his stall door.
Bart turns into a big puppy at the sight of the girl she seems equally happy to see bart as she slides his stall door open and starts petting his shoulder and hugging him. "How about some dinner huh Bart?" Bart nudges her hard almost toppling her over.
"Easy big!"
She glances at me on her way out of his stall then continues on her way.

A few moments later i hear a commotion comming from outside.
"Looks like their back with the rest of your friends." Bart says stepping up to the bars and watching everything.
I ignore him and step up as close as i can to the bars and see some of the horses i was with coming out of a black trailer. The old grey mare Anna is the first out she looks at me a look of relief on her face.

"Are you alright Ademius?" She asks coming over to me.
"Yes anna im alright thank you. Are you ok?" I nudge her nose softly.
"I am now that i now they've been taking care of you. Hows your foot?" Anna asks ignoring one of the volunteers trying to corall her away from me. "I thought they took you out and put you down after i didnt see you outside."

"No im ok a boy got me out so they could take a look at my leg." I whicker at her. "Im doing alot better still hurts but its more comfortable. You should get moving theyll feed you and take care of you dont want to miss that."
"Ok I hope I see you soon. Ademuis."
'"You aswell Anna." I whinny as she moves away from me much to the relief of the volunteer. I watch the old mare be lead into another area of the stable far away from me.
A deep sigh escapes me more of a sigh of relief than anything because we are safe and no one woul die today.
I stand there listening to Barts human pampering him like he's a king in the next stall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gonna upload this on the regular basis