Status: Beneath every lie, is a story that needs telling.

Beneath Your Lies

Alaric Devero knew what he saw, believed what he wanted to believe. He was a man for God's sake! Pouring himself another unknown fluorescent drink, he let the burning sweetness settle down his tongue and eventually his racing thoughts.
But that was when he heard it.
The cruel sounds that could've only belonged to his only son, his beautiful blind boy. It almost sounded like laughing at first, the kind that belonged from an old friend laughing at the daily holograms or the first love that chuckled at how bad the food was at a restaurant. Then it became more hollow and loud, every crackling note coming from the room across from Alaric. They were screams.
Alaric ran with every ounce of energy he could muster, until he reached the red door that reveled the nerving scene that was performed by the devil himself. The glass that held his drink fell onto the floor until the shards on the ground matched Alaric's heart and shattered mind.
A little boy who use to dream and was afraid of the darkness, had used fire to slowly burn away his body parts, bit by bit.
What became of screams and sobs had been strangled to a smile that didn't belong into the world.
"Look... daddy! Now I can finally see...with the flames!" the boy cried, with tears that didn't match his forced smile.
Alaric was too paralyzed to even notice the words come out of his own son's bloody mouth. "What can you see son?"
His son looked at him, the flames dancing in his dark eyes. "I can see the world dying in fire."