Status: Beneath every lie, is a story that needs telling.

Beneath Your Lies

Chapter 2

After what felt like an eternity, the girl in blood red dress told the announcer that she was next. It took a few of her precious time away but for the secret promise of pleasure was all it took to get her way.
“Give it up for the Scarlet Assassin!” the announcer yelled through the microgram.
At first it was clueless looks, then shouts of laughter and what happened next made her blood boil so she settled for giving the crowd a vulgar expression including the use of a certain finger.
Apparently, half the people in the building were clearly not interested in fighting with a girl so the cunning ruby, stole the microgram from the reluctant man and decided for charm instead of fear.
“Oh, c’mon. I’m just so lonely out here… perhaps if one of you lovely men dance with me... I’ll truly be yours. Hmm, how about that?” she cooed, making sure she pouted her cupid lips.
Jaws hanged and dealers stopped. Then, a hurried of hushed whispers and laughing in the crowd erupted. She wasn’t surprised. Soon enough, a burly man by the name of the Black Viper took the courage to finally come forward. The assassin sighed in relief as she eagerly hoped for this certain person to arise to ashes.
“You sure about this, princess?” He asked, taking a shot of fluorescent liquid. She watched in amazement as the two hundred pound man threw the cup in an upward motion that met his fish lips, and accepted pure poison into his system. He was mocking her.
He probably thought he could throw a couple of punches while drunk and high on steroids with God knows what, but even the fire dies before the smoke.
“Whoever calls mercy first…” I trailed on, walking towards the floating arena.
The science in the slums were pretty deafening to talk about, the only thing levitating the tiny arena two feet into the air were huge magnets contradicting each other. Wires and metal on the ground, a perfectly cut magnet of negative energy sprung into the air.
People in the upper class would probably laugh at this ‘technology’ and probably would’ve asked for a better joke. It wasn’t every day the slums saw trains without tracks and ghosts that don’t haunt.
The first part of the trials of fighting is finding a way to get up the arena without anyone's help. It was after all hovering in the air with no stool or support to cling onto. Some stubbers crawl their way up and others do aerobics, however the assassin had a better way.
“Move aside men, I don’t want to hurt you,” she warned, hiking her dress a little higher than needed.
She calculated the distance between the cement blocks beside her and the leftover construction wires hanging over the ceiling, then sighed with relief as she saw the pole she left a week ago, was healthily stabbed into the side of the building. If things went well, the fifteen foot drop would lead her in the dead center of the spotlight, on the arena floor.
She made contact with the Black Viper and eyed his totem and trophy wrapped around his neck like a prayer. It was gold and had an usual shaped box hanging at it’s end. She couldn’t possibly understand why someone would want such a thing.
The burl man did his own ritual, stomping once, throwing away his glass until it landed on someone’s head and did a black flip onto the arena. That’s when she realized that the man’s drink definitely had some steroids in it.
A little tingle at the back of her mind started to arise, she ignored it.
He looked down across towards the assassin and smirked. “Need help getting up here sweetheart?”
“No thanks, I’ll be just fine,” she whispered. With that, the women in the blood red dress scaled the blocks with so much momentum, it was enough for her to do a triple flip to land perfectly onto the east wall of the building. She jumped and twirled across the upward obstacles and did her final jump towards the ceiling wires, knowing that she couldn’t miss.
By now, she had everyone’s attention, knowing that they were all trying to look up her dress. She pulled her legs up until they caught hold of the wires and hung upside down smiling at the Black Viper. The whisper behind her mind grew louder, the sign of something that needed to be known caught her in suspense, the drop was nothing she ever expected.
She felt her feet slip off the wires and rushed down with gravity. She fell down ten story buildings before, jumped off a cliff in Virtual Reality Trials just to feel the thrill, but this one, falling down into a secluded building wasn’t enough.
As soon as she hit the floor, she flung out a stiletto leg and stabbed the Black Viper’s eyes until blood struck the ground. There were screams and laughs all around her, but she couldn’t get distracted. By now, enough adrenaline was coursing through her veins to feel her opponent's heartbeat and--
The man howled and ran towards her until she was beneath his body. The weight didn’t help her position but the grip on her shoulders were enough to leave scars. The man screamed each time he punched her face. She let one of them hit her in the cheek and felt her skin tear apart with the force. After that, she dodged the others with perfection and kneed him in the groin until he twisted off in pain. She didn’t give him time to recover before locking her legs around his head and twisting until she felt a pop and a wheeze before the Black Viper was no more.
She wiped her brow and felt her sweat intertwine with her blood, the unusual combination giving her the oddest feelings. It was in that moment of triumph, that the storage of the itch inside her head gave out a irrational signal of warnings. It was a flashing neon red that shot up in front of her contact lenses: the Officials were here.
Already half of the crowd had dispersed leaving the assassin to be left unsatisfied with her win when no one was to witness it. She went to the Black Viper, his one bloodshot eye ball still open the other was a meshed up order of blood and veins, she yanked off his golden necklace until it snapped off. After wiping off the dirt and blood, she wore it around her neck and tucked in the box into her chest. Such a funny prize.
She was about to sprint off when the doors were blasted into nothing but shards of metals and fire and about five silver-like balls were thrown into the building.
This wasn’t possible, the Officials killed then asked questions, why would they ever use expensive equipment for a project like this? It was illegal, to fight for like the way she did so there should’ve been some government mission sent here with mussels and holographic alarms screaming everywhere.
She had thirty seconds to reach the nearest exit that wasn’t already clogged with drug dealers and other fighters like her pushing each other for freedom. She recognized those silver balls and didn’t like how they were being used against her. She helped invent them and now it was like her own creation had betrayed her.
The assassin jumped over the passed out druggies and the lonely beggars in the corner muttering nonsense and found a small opening just outside the second floor. She examined the mental structure of the pathway to take to reach the opening with no exact way of getting up.
There were some cables and of course, the ceiling wires. She climbed the tallest stack of cement blocks and twisted her body so she could reach the lever that she could support her weight on and reach the top.
She had ten seconds before the silver machines would release their gas and contaminate fifty feet radius of air in just milliseconds. She reached the lever and noticed that it wasn’t as old and stiff as she thought it was. It was a still a pulley mechanism, she just thought it was old enough to not work.
Her new weight on the lever plus the slight loss of balance caused by her shoes, sent the lever cranking downwards. She slipped and her dress caught on one of the tiny crevices of the wall beneath the lever. The blood rushed into her head as her wig hung lifelessly in front of her face. She was going to fall and this time, she didn’t know if she could survive the impact on the cement blocks.
The Scarlet Assassin was here for a mission and she couldn’t die tonight, there was still so much to do and even if it meant broken bones and strained muscles, so be it. Just as the ticking bomb in her head exploded of warning, she cut her dress with unlimited force and fell down like the fallen angels that rained the wars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment anything that needs work;)