Status: Will be updated every 2 comment!

Too Scared to Love Again

Chapter 20

Lynn was still fast asleep, fully aware that it was way passed when she usually got up, but still too tired to care. The brunette shifted in her bed, driving the sheets closer to her, as she snuggled further into the warm covers.

Brian was standing at her door entrance, genuinely surprised that none of the women had noticed that someone had unlocked their door and stepped into their apartment. Lynn looked rather peaceful there she was – her back facing him, and her legs curled up against her chest. Her brown hair looked like a mess, as it was covering half of her pillow, and a soft snoring sound arrived from between her lips.

The woman soon shifted in her bed again, her eyes half-opened, before a pillow was thrown across the room, the guitarist barely able to catch it as she all but jumped into a sitting position.

“What the hell, C!” Lynn all but growled, completely convinced that Cynthia was annoying her once again, before she noticed that it wasn’t Cynthia who was standing in her doorway, but Brian.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not your blonde roomie.” Brian chuckled, as he threw the pillow back into her bed.

“What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in? Did that fucker forget to lock the door again?” Lynn sighed, dragging a hand through her tangled hair.

“The door was locked, but Blair gave us her key, saying that she and Zack are having a very heavy and long workout today.” he responded.

“Ew.” Lynn grimaced.

“Yeah, that was my thoughts as well.”

“So, you’re here to annoy me once again?” Lynn guessed.

“Very funny, Evans. Jimmy wanted to hang out with Cynthia and suggested that I joined him.” Brian told her, and then dared to step further into her room.

“God, it’s never any peace in this fucking place!” Lynn groaned, and then collapsed unto her pillow again, her face hitting the soft article first.

“I’m sorry.” Brian chuckled, his eyes once again sweeping over the pictures that decorated her walls.

“What are your plans for the day?” Lynn asked, realizing that she wouldn’t be able to sleep for much longer now.

“I wanted to go surfing, but I’m not sure if that’s a thing you guys are capable of doing.” he responded rather teasingly, watching as she scolded at him.

“Oh, fuck off! I was born and raised here, Haner! Of course I know how to fucking surf!” she grunted back.

“Maybe you have to show me then?” Brian wiggled his eyebrows.

“I fucking will!” she told him, before she threw the covers off of her body and climbed out of her bed.

Brian looked at her rather carefully as she snatched a purple fluffy rob from the floor, his eyes watching with interest as she bended over and gave him a nice view of her firm ass. Lynn was dressed in a thin tank top and a pair of black shorts that made her butt look both firm and plump at the same time. The brunette soon drove her arms into her rob and threw her hair backwards, letting her bangs slip down her back.

Within the next minute the two of them was making their way into the living room, where they were greeted by the smell of burnt scrambled egg and fresh waffles. It didn’t surprise Lynn when she discovered that Jimmy had been the one burning the egg, meanwhile Cynthia was making waffles.

“Aw, there you are!” Cynthia smiled at the sight of her roomie, as she passed her a mug of dark coffee.

“Thanks.” Lynn muttered underneath her breath, instantly digging into the drink, before she plumped down at the table, suddenly realizing how exhausted she was.

“You look like shit.” Jimmy commented, meanwhile Cynthia gave him a couple of plates to fill the table with.

“I’ve been working!” Lynn grumbled at the drummer, her head soon collapsing on top of the table.

“I work too! I’m never like that in the morning!” Jimmy argued.

“You tour! That’s not the same!” Lynn half-snapped.

“Are you saying that touring isn’t hard work?” the man wiggled his dark eyebrows at the brunette.

“Dude, when we’re on the road, you’re not awake until Larry fucking drags you out of bed!” Brian pointed out.

“Shut it, Gates!” Jimmy barged at him.

“Okay! Enough of that toxic masculinity now!” Cynthia stepped between the two friends, her hands carrying a large plate of waffles.

“Thanks, C. They were disturbing my sleep.” Lynn muffled, still too tired to lift her face up from the table.

“Where’s your manners, Evans?” Cynthia uttered, snapping her fingers in front of the brunette. “Get up!” she requested.

“You really are worn out.” Brian chuckled from beside her, his slender fingers hooked around a cup of coffee.

“Oh, you have no idea.” Lynn told him.

“Lynn Cornelia Evans! I’ll find the ice cubes!” the blonde warned, instantly earning a reaction from Lynn, who leaned back in her seat.

Lynn had way too many experiences with Cynthia to know that the woman wasn’t playing when she warned the brunette about the ice cubes. Lynn therefore decided to pour herself another cup of coffee and pray that the caffeine would kick in as soon as possible.

“Okay, so what are we doing today?” Jimmy uttered from his seat, his mouth loaded with waffles.

“We?” Lynn cocked her eyebrows.

“Gates wanted to go surfing. You still up for that?” the drummer completely ignored the way Lynn was looking at him, as he looked over at the guitarist.

“I don’t think poor Lynn over here’s gonna survive that.” Brian sniggered, patting her arm gently.

“Well, then ya’ll can go out with us tonight!” Jimmy suggested.

“You’re going out?” Cynthia asked, and then dumped another waffle on top of her plate.

“Val and Matt wanted to celebrate that they’ve been married for one and half year now, and they didn’t want to celebrate on their own.” Brian explained.

“Are you sure it’ll be okay if we join?” the blonde asked.

“Yeah, we totally get it if this is a private event.” Lynn added, hoping that she would be allowed to capture the couch and the TV.

“Val told me that she would slap the two of us if we didn’t ask you guys to come,” Jimmy told the women. “So, please come.”

Cynthia giggled at him, and then smiled brightly. “I’m in! I’ll text Blair right away!” she urged happily and then sashayed away from the kitchen.

“What about you?” Brian asked, looking over at Lynn, who had been awfully busy with her breakfast.

“Do I have any choice?” she cocked her eyebrows, and Brian laughed at her reaction.

“Nope!” Jimmy smirked.

“Okay!” Cynthia all but danced into the kitchen again, her eyes beaming like never before. “Blair’s coming over in a few hours, and then we’ll get ready!” she announced.

“Wonderful!” Lynn uttered rather ironically.

“Oh, shut it, Evans!” Cynthia slapped her arm. “You need this! And you two have to leave! We have to get ready!” the blonde urged, snatching both Brian and Jimmy by the arms and companying them towards the door.

“Jeez, she’s effective.” Brian sniggered, as the woman barely gave them the chance to grab their hoodies, before she slammed the door in their faces, soon able to finally squeal in the living room without the men seeing her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome new readers! I'm just gonna drop this here, and wait for you guys to tell me what YOU think is gonna happen tonight!