Status: Will be updated every 2 comment!

Too Scared to Love Again

Chapter 33

“THIS IS HALLOWEEN! THIS IS HALLOWEEN!”

The music was blasting on top of the stereo’s lungs, and the entire house had been decorated after the occasion. Zack had one arm draped around Blair’s slim waist, meanwhile he took regularly swigs from his cold beer. The two of them had dressed up as Jack Skellington and Sally, stealing the epic idea from Val and Matt, who had decided to not go for matching outfits this Halloween.

“God, you look hot, babe!” Cynthia said to Blair. The blonde was dressed as Wednesday Adams and had managed to borrow a wig from a friend for the evening.

“You too, hot stuff!” Blair sniggered back, soon pulling her roomie in for a hug, causing her to break loose from Jimmy for a brief moment.

Val and Matt were the next ones to arrive. Matt already seemed a little tipsy as he immediately started complaining to Zack about how they had stolen his idea for his Halloween costume. The singer was soon comforted by his wife, who couldn’t help but shake her head at her husband.

“Baby, it’s okay! I didn’t wanna be Sally again anyway!” the blonde reassured her husband.

“But Burton is my favourite director!” Matt protested out loud. “I can’t believe you would do that to me!”
the singer all but pouted his lip at the guitarist, who simply chuckled back.

“Dude, you’ve been Jack for the last four years!” Zack argued back.

“And?” the singer cocked his eyebrows at the dark-haired man.

“Get your fucking shit together!” the host said, watching as Matt pouted his lip at him, making a face.

“Come, Val! I wanna get drunk!” Matt stated grumpily, his wife laughing at him as she chased after him into the kitchen.

As the blonde passed Zack, she mouthed a ‘thank you’, as she finally got to dress up as something else than Sally. The dark-haired guitarist nodded his head, shaking it a little as he was very pleased with himself for finally stealing Matt’s traditional costume this year.

“Hello, sweet!” Jimmy cracked a smile as his baby blue eyes fell upon Cynthia’s face. The now dark-haired woman circled her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss, flicking her tongue teasingly over his pierced labret.

“Harry Potter? Really?” she chuckled and looked at the poorly scar the drummer had drawn on his forehead.

“I’m trying my best here!” Jimmy said. “Voldemort was too difficult!”

“Let me help you out at least!” Cynthia chuckled. “That scar looks hideous!”

“It sure does!” Johnny agreed, announcing his entrance with Rebecca paddling after him.

“Fuck you, Short Shit!” Jimmy sneered at the younger bassist, who simply flipped him off with a smile.
The almost bolded man had been blessed by Rebecca’s makeup skills and had therefore managed to pull off a great look as a zombie, which also matched the pink-haired woman’s costume.

“You’re just jealous I look better than you!” Johnny responded and then cracked his beer with his teeth.
“You don’t!” the drummer half-snapped back, obviously a little tipsy already.

“Okay, okay!” Blair intervened. “C, help Jimmy out with his makeup!”

“On it!” Cynthia chuckled, lacing her fingers with Jimmy’s long ones and then pulling him upstairs.

“Isabella! You made it!” Zack’s green eyes widened by the sight of his cousin who had been driving for hours in order to join the party he was throwing. “Babe, I’ll be right back!” he said to the ginger-haired Sally next to him, who simply smiled at him and then brought her scotch up to her lips.

“Of course, Zack had to be the one throwing a pre-Halloween party.” Brian shook his head, soon connecting his eyes with Blair, who had just noticed that he had managed to squeeze himself through Zack’s somewhat crowded living room.

“Are you honestly surprised? He’s a crazier Halloween-person than Cynthia is a Christmas-gal, which says a lot!” Blair reassured him, making him chuckle.

“Speaking of your roomies, where’s the third one?” Brian cocked his eyebrows, as he had been hoping to catch Lynn at this party.

“Lynn? She said she was busy reading,” Blair announced. “She’s locked up at the public library and I bet she won’t come out of there unless someone drags her.”

“You haven’t considered it already?” he chuckled, trying to fix the fake teeth Zack had convinced him to wear as a part of his vampire costume.

“Oh, boy! I have!” she stated dramatically. “But I know I won’t be enough. Lynn’s a stubborn motherfucker.” Blair shook her head.

“Yeah, I know.” Brian chuckled and then nursed back to his drink.

“Oh, crap! Jimmy’s apparently puking all over the bathroom…” Blair sighed, running a hand through her hair. “God, why can’t that guy handle his liquor?” she shook her head.

“That’s because it’s Jimmy!” Brian pointed out, watching as she abandoned her drink and phone on top of Zack’s commode, looking as though she was convinced that she should handle this issue instead of letting her boyfriend do it.

“Watch my stuff, Haner!” Blair commanded, and then sashayed out of Zack’s living room, her heels hitting the floor rather rapidly as she soon reached the stairs.

“Jimmy…” Brian shook his head, taking another swig from his beer, just as Blair’s phone buzzed close to his hand, catching his attention as his eyes moved over to her screen, noticing that Lynn had messaged her.

Lynn C. Evans to Blair F. Jones
10:30 AM

B, all of the lights are out in the library. I think I left my card in the bag you’re borrowing tonight and stupid custodian won’t answer any of my calls!! Can u plz come and get me? I’m kinda locked inside..

The screen soon went black again, leaving Brian with a lump that was basically stuck in his throat. The grip he around his drink soon tightened and before he got to revaluate what he was supposed to do with this information, he had made his way towards the staircase, leaving his drink next to Blair’s belongings.

The sound of vomiting soon reached his ears, and within the next seconds he spotted his best friend collapsed on Zack’s marvel bathroom floor. His face was resting in Cynthia’s lap, who was comforting her boyfriend, meanwhile Blair was clutching a mop, looking somewhat upset with the situation.

“Blair! Zack’s wondering where your bag is.” Brian announced, leaning against the door with one hand buried inside the pocket of his trousers.

“It’s in his bedroom! Don’t tell him about Jimmy by the way! Everything is under control!” Blair promised, running the mop over the floor once again.

“Gotcha!” the guitarist promised, disappearing down the corridor as quickly as he had climbed the stairs.

The thought of Lynn alone and stuck at a dark library somewhat amused him. He could already imagine the unimpressed look on her face, meanwhile he made his way into Zack’s room, avoiding the mess Blair and Zack had made in the masterbed, that was currently filled with all kinds of sextoys, including robs and handcuffs. The dark-haired man shuffled further into the room, spotting a leather bag that didn’t exactly look like something Zack would own himself. It was almost buried under a pile of different clothes, and as Brian went through his friend’s dirty laundry, he also found the card Lynn had asked Blair to give to her. He shoved it into the back of his pocket, his fingers clutching his car keys as he then skipped down stairs again, lucky to not come across any of his friends as he slipped out the backdoor.

I’m gonna make it right this time. I have to, the guitarist thought to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look!!! Another update!!!! Wow!!!! I have a funny one coming up after this one! Let me know what you think!