Status: Will be updated every 2 comment!

Too Scared to Love Again

Chapter 5

The bar was completely packed, almost to the point where Lynn started wondering why their guard would continue to let people in. Both Cynthia and Lynn were working through an eight hour shift, as they had already killed two hours without noticing it.

This evening however was a little different, and especially for those who hadn't been to Dreams so many times before. Their owner, Donna, had decided to throw a theme-based event. This wasn't the first time she ordered a night like that, and most of her girls loved it. This night all the staff at work had to wear masks and wear black. The theme was perfect for Cynthia, who had picked out a black, lace chiffon dress and a velvet beaded mask. Lynn, on the other hand, hadn't gone that fancy, and instead just picked out a plain silver mask and a regular outfit consisting of a pair of skinny black jeans and a dark tank top.

"This is gonna be the most hectic shift ever!" Kathleen, their co-worker, announced. She had been running around for nearly an hour trying to collect empty glasses.

Kath was the most petite and youngest bartender at Dreams. Her hair reached her shoulders and was merely raven-haired. Her skin was, like Blair, fair and her eyes were grey and glowing, but had for the evening been hidden under her cat-looking mask.

“Tell me about it, girl!” Cynthia let out underneath her breath, just as she filled two shots with a bottle of Absolute.

"And Blair's missing out?" Kath chuckled.

"Yup. It's her night off, and I bet she's having the fucking time of her life..." she responded, obviously a little bitter that it wasn't Cynthia's turn to chill out at home.

"How's it going with Zack and Blair? Are they like a thing now?" Kath commented, as no one had filled her completely in.

"They're doing well! They look so lovely!" Cynthia said dreamily.

"That's because they've known each other for like a month." Lynn added, avoiding the grimace coming from her roomie.

“Lynn, come on!” Cynthia whined. “Let them be cute!"

“Oh my God! They're entering the honeymoon phase!" Kath squealed.

Lynn only rolled her eyes. “God, you girls are crazy.” she said while shaking her head, still not accepting the fact that her friend was dating a man who looked like he belonged in a biker gang.

The three of them kept moving through their shift, more people entering the bar, as the bartenders’ stress level increased by all the orders that ticked in.

“Dude, what’s up with the mask thing? It freaks me out!” Matt told Johnny, meanwhile the two of them were walking up to the bar, Jimmy and Brian taking their time to examine the bar.

“Good God!” Cynthia jumped a little at the sound of Matt’s clear voice, as she had been way too busy mixing drinks to notice the heavily tattooed man who was now standing on the other side of the counter.

“Well, if it isn’t our favourite fan!” Matt suddenly announced, remembering the clear sound of Cynthia’s voice.

“Matt!” she suddenly squealed. “I mean… Hi!”

Lynn chuckled a little at how her friend was turning scarlet, as she kept serving ice-cold beer over the counter, exchanging them for cash.

“Don’t you mean ‘hello my future husband’?” Lynn wiggled her eyebrows, even though her friend couldn’t see it.

“Eat shit, Lynn!” Cynthia only waved her middle finger at her friend, which caused the two men to chuckle out loud.

“Now, excuse me gentlemen,” the blonde announced very dramatically. “I have to deliver these beverages, but hold your horses! I will be back to attend you!”

“Jesus...” Lynn all but rolled her eyes at the sight of her friend, shaking her head, as she grabbed two Bulmers from the fridge.

Cynthia was rather effective as she transported drinks, and then almost ran back to her station in order to attend her new favourite customers.

“Okay! What can I get you?” she said, trying to hide the fact that she was basically out of breath.

“Mhh... I’ll have a Guinness.” Matt ordered while straddling the bar-stool, making himself comfortable.

“Excellent choice.” Cynthia sniggered, dialing it on her computer. “And you?” the blonde bartender asked, glancing over at the bassist.

“Do you have Dewar’s?” he asked, which made Cynthia snort out loud.

“Of course I have! That’s like Lynn’s favourite drink!” she said, nudging her friend, who decided to pay a little attention as she heard her own name.

“You like scotch?” Johnny blurted at the brunette, who only rolled her eyes in return.

“Of course that’s the reaction one get.” she dropped dryly.

Cynthia cleared her voice, stepping unto Lynn’s foot with her platform shoe. “Act nice.” she stated.

Lynn rolled her eyes, and as she did she managed to spot the last person she wanted to see at her workplace that evening. Next to a woman was Brian, who had one hand shoved into the pocket of his jeans and the other one available for the woman he was talking to.

"Fuckin' great..." Lynn muttered to herself, before she decided to try to keep herself as busy as possible in order to avoid him.

Her mission worked for almost thirty minutes. Lynn had managed to serve customers and clean a lot of tables before she had to return to her unguarded station, as Kath was taking orders and Cynthia was nowhere to be found.

“Well, hello there. I almost couldn't recognize you with that mask.” he voiced at her, which only made her want to slap him across the face again.

“What do you want?"

“Don’t fuck up now.” Matt warned, his meaty fingers wrapped around his beer.

“How about something good to drink?” Brian asked, sounding genuine, meanwhile he took a seat.

“Impressed.” Jimmy admitted, grinning a little, as he scrolled through the menu with his baby blue eyes.

“Kath will help you.” Lynn said, relieved that her friend had just returned.

“Uhm…” Kath trailed off, her grey eyes lost in the man’s appearance. “Lynn, is that…” she trailed off, soon cut off by the brunette.

“Yes. He’s a pain the fucking ass, so you can deal with him.” Lynn offered.

“She's the fucking ice queen.” Jimmy let out.

“She has to be a lesbian.” Brian muttered to his friend.

“Yeah, because that’s the only reason why she wouldn’t want you?” Johnny cocked his eyebrows at this mate.

“Obviously.” Matt sniggered.

“So, boys,” Cynthia said, finally returning with lots of dirty glasses. “What brings you here?” she asked.

“We decided to have a little boy’s night, since Zack kicked us out.” Matt explained.

“Kicked you out?” Kath arched her eyebrows a little.

“Blair happened.” Johnny added.

“So, what’s up with the masks?” Jimmy asked, studying the different masquerade masks they were all wearing.

“Donna, our boss, wanted to throw a theme night. We do it every now and then.” Cynthia explained, cleaning glasses, meanwhile she conversed with them.

“Seriously? That’s cool.” Matt nodded his head.

“What’s next theme, Lynn?” the blonde asked her co-worker, who had been serving more customers.

“Latex, I think?” Lynn guessed. “Wouldn’t surprise me if Donna did something like that.”

“Oh, definitely not!” Cynthia sniggered.

“Latex?” Johnny repeated.

“Yup. We’ve had it before. It was…. Interesting.” Kath answered.

The band kept small-talking with the bartenders, as Cynthia kept impressing them with all the drinks she managed to make. Kath was just in general taken aback by the fact that Avenged Sevenfold, a band she’d seen live a numerous of times, were at her workplace, talking to Cynthia as though they were best friends already. Lynn, however, had decided to lean back and enjoy the show or clean tables, as she really didn’t want to end up talking to Brian ever again.

Soon most of the attention was drawn towards the stage. A pink-haired woman, also wearing a mask, stepped unto the stage after the damask curtains had been parted. She was dressed lightly, with chunky heels that drummed against the stage, before her fingers gripped the pool so elegantly.

Matt, Johnny and Jimmy had their eyes all but plastered unto the stage, unable to take their eyes off of the stripper, who unzipped her corset and slid down the golden pool. Brian, on the other hand, kept eyeing the dark-haired bartender, whom had turned him down multiple of times already.

His dark eyes rested on the sight of Lynn, who was just currently checking her phone. Her hair had been pulled into a lazy ponytail, lots of small hairs pointing into every direction. The woman was, as her co-workers, dressed in black. She was wearing a loose top that exposed her shoulder-blades and a pair of skinny jeans. Brian wouldn’t be surprised if she was wearing the worn out converse that she apparently loved so much along with it.

Brian had no idea why he was looking at her instead of the woman on the stage. Lynn was basically everything he’d never been attracted to before. Most of his former hook-ups loved to dress up, do dramatic makeup and wear expensive high heels. Lynn, on the other hand, looked like the kind of woman who didn’t even bother to put on mascara before she ran out of her house in the morning, and that, for some reason, amazed him.

“Why are we watching two different shows, Syn?” Jimmy nudged his friend, bringing him out of his admiration, as the raven-haired drummer cocked his eyebrows at his mate. “Because I cannot understand how you find a bartender, who has turned you down on several occasions, more interesting than that chick up there.”

Brian only snickered. “The more they try to deny it, the hotter they are.” the guitarist said to his friend, his hand resting on her shoulder.

“Dude, I don’t think she’s denying anything at this point.” Johnny voiced from his seat, not taking his eyes off the stripper on the stage.

Brian only flipped his friend off, as he nursed back to his beer that was nearly empty. The dark-haired guitarist was just about to order more, when he noticed that the brunette had left the spot he’d last seen her.

Lynn was carrying a rather heavy tray towards a table at the back of the bar. The men who surrounded the table didn’t pay much attention to Rebecca’s impressive dancing, which really surprised Lynn. The pink-haired woman had been one of Dream’s best entertainers, and the lack of interest on their faces therefore shocked her.

“Three Heineken and a Cuba Libre?” Lynn asked, placing her tray down at the table, before she tried to figure out where the drinks should be placed. It took her a couple of seconds to scan their faces, as she placed the beverages unto the table with a faint smile curving her lips.

The brunette soon scooted the tray under her arm, and then turned on her hills in order to march back to her station. She picked up a couple of empty glasses on her way back, trying to squeeze herself through the crowded room.

Just as Lynn was diving into the crowd, she could feel a pair of cold fingers circle their way around her arm. The brunette stopped in her tracks, trying to jerk the grip away from her, just as a smooth voice reached her ears.

“Oh, I would die to see you on that stage.” a low voice whispered into her ear.

Lynn immediately glanced over at the man, who was about a head taller than her, with blonde, almost grey hair that was hidden under a leather hat. His grip was tightening around her skin, and Lynn soon tried to jerk his hand off of her again, of course without any luck.

“Let me go.” she stated all but coldly, her honey brown eyes darkening as she looked at him from under her lashes. “Seriously. Fuck off!” she hissed.

“Ah, sweet. You don’t have to fight it.” the man chuckled, pulling her closer to him.

“Seriously, let go of me!” Lynn raised her voice, still not loud enough to overpower the seductive music that filled the entire room.

The brunette soon pushed her knee into the man’s crotch, his grip immediately falling from her arm, meanwhile he cursed loudly.

“You fucking slut!” he groaned, just as he pushed his palms against her body with so much force that Lynn tripped off her feet and collapsed unto the floor, empty glasses shattering under her body and cutting into her exposed skin.

“Stop the show!” an older dark-haired woman called, her voice so clear and loud that it overpowered the music. “Guards! Get this pig out of my bar!” the owner announced, her dark eyes looking like they could kill, as everyone now looked at the waitress on the floor.

The sound of glass breaking caught the guitarist’s attention, as he spun around in his seat, suddenly noticing that a waitress was laying face down with blood spilling from her arm. Brian soon realized who it was, which resulted in his breath being stuck in his throat.

It was Lynn.

Before he could even regain control of his own actions, the guitarist had left his seat and crossed the bar, despite how Jimmy had been literally howling in order to get him back. Brian looked at her, his stomach twisting at the thousand pieces of glasses on the floor, meanwhile he kneeled before her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lynn's outfit
Cynthia's outfit
Kath's outfit

Thank you all for being so patient with me during this difficult time and thank you so much for all the sweet comments! You guys are truly beautiful and I have SO much love for every single one of you!

Soooo, this chapter was supposed to be longer, but I decided to split it up, because I'm really curious about how you think Lynn will react to Brian's protective behaviour. So what do yall think? Leave a comment and I might post the next chapter tomorrow!