Status: Will be updated every 2 comment!

Too Scared to Love Again

Chapter 7

“Happy birthday, you little shit!” Kath screeched at Cynthia, who was wiggling in the dark brunette’s birthday hug.

All of the bartenders and strippers at Dreams, including their boss and some friends of Cynthia, had been gathered in their tiny living room, ready to celebrate Cynthia’s 26th birthday.

“You’re turning old.” the dark brunette grinned, watching as the birthday girl flashed her middle finger at her.

“I’m not old!” Cynthia half-snapped, just as Susan, one of Cynthia’s friends from Berkeley, placed her gift on top of the coffee table, along with the others.

“Oh, you’re old!” Kath snorted, refusing to accept anything else.

“Ey, watch it!” Donna announced, whirling a thick stray of hair around her finger. “Cynthia is still ridiculously young!” the older woman stated.

“Thanks, love.” Cynthia smiled at her manager, who was currently sipping from her crimson red wine.

“Here you go, sweet.” Lynn smiled brightly, meanwhile she shoved her present into Cynthia’s hands, who looked a little humbled by all the gifts that waited to be unwrapped.

“Good God. You women are too good!” Cynthia announced out loud, and then grabbed her margarita from the shelf and took a rather large sip from it.

“I know we are.” Lynn only snickered back, as she watched how the birthday girl emptied her cocktail.

“I wish Asher was here..” the blonde muffled underneath her breath.

Cynthia and Asher had been dating for quite some time now, despite the fact that he was living in Los Angeles, meanwhile his girlfriend was stuck in Huntington.

“He did call, right?” Susan asked, meanwhile she pulled her turquoise hair into a ponytail.

“Of course he did!” Cynthia let out.

“Cynth would never forgive him if he didn’t.” Lynn told the rest of them, laughter filling the living room, as Rebecca decided to pop her bottle of Captain Morgan.

“I wanna give a toast!” the pink-haired girl chimed, as she had just mixed a little bit of coke into her glass of rum.

“You can’t give a toast without Blair!” the birthday girl protested. “Where is that girl? She said nothing about running late.”

“I’m sure she’ll be here in any minute, darling.” Donna reassured her worker, as she placed her hand on top of hers.

“Actually, before Rebecca gives out a toast, you need to help me with something.” Lynn said and got up from the floor.

“What now?” Cynthia asked, running her hands along the skirt of her dark dress.

“I can’t seem to find my boots. Could you give me a helpful hand?” the brunette smiled brightly at the birthday girl.

“What? Are you seriously considering wearing something that’s not your worn out converse?” the blonde’s eyes widened at Lynn’s request, meanwhile the brunette flipped her off.

“Oh, fuck off, Thompsen. Help me out!”

“Well, of course!” Cynthia exclaimed, excitement glowing in her grey eyes.

“Good! Get your ass off from the couch!” Lynn said, circling her fingers around Cynthia’s wrist and all but dragging her up from the armchair.

The two of them left their guests in the living room, the conversation moving on, meanwhile the two of them entered Lynn’s bedroom.

The brunette had gone through a lot of work in order to hide her black boots, giving the people in the living room just the right amount of time to prepare the big surprise, as the blonde started digging into Lynn’s messy closet.

“Jesus fuck, Lynn! You’re closet is a fucking mess!” Cynthia sighed, meanwhile she started throwing articles unto the floor, trying to find the dark ankle boots she’d given Lynn for Christmas almost a year ago.

“I just can’t remember where I left them.” Lynn shrugged, glancing at her bedroom door that was almost shut close.

Cynthia kept digging for merely ten minutes until a squeal left her lips. The blonde wrapped both of her hands around her treasure, before turning towards her friend, grinning like a wicked person.

“FOUND THEM!” the birthday girl announced happily.

“Oh my God!” Lynn clasped her hands together, just as a faint knock fell against her door.

“Darlings! We wanna see Cynthia unwrap her presents!” Donna chimed from the other side of the door.

“Coming! I’m just gonna get Lynn into her fabulous heels!” Cynthia promised.

“You go ahead. I’ll be down there in a minute.” the brunette assured her friend.

“What? I can’t just start the party without you!” Cynthia protested.

“Oh, I insist!” Lynn said, meanwhile she forced her feet into the ankle heels.

“You’re mad!” Cynthia shook her head, before she opened the door and slipped out of the room, and then paddled back to her room, just as her jaw nearly hit the floor and her eyes widened to the point where the rest of the people in the room were convinced they would pop out.

“Lynn….. Blair…. WHY ARE AVENGED SEVENFOLD IN OUR LIVING ROOM?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cynthia and Lynn's outfits

Here it is, as promised! I already have a couple of chapters written, so ya'll just need to leave some comments and then they will be uploaded!

Also please check out my other story - Make You Feel My Love! I would be thrilled if I saw more comments there, and perhaps I would update this story faster? :OO

Thank you so much for comments, recs and subs! You guys are so beautiful, and I have so much love for every single one of you ♡