Gemini

Chapter One- Eleanor

The colors danced behind my closed eyelids: red, yellow, orange, and white. The reminded me of laying in the soft grass behind my suburban home in the middle of summer. I used to spend long days just staring up at the sky, eyes closed and ears open.

Something was off though. The heat that I was feeling was all wrong, very different from the summer Texas heat. This heat was painful and hit my skin unevenly, whipping my skin. I couldn't even smell the mixture of fresh cut grass and wildflowers, only the strong stench of gasoline. It enveloped my nostrils and squeezed my throat. No matter how hard I fought my limbs would not move, even my eyelids refused to lift.

-Eleanor!- A male voice called, but I couldn't make out the direction it was coming from. -It came from inside your head, dummy.- The voice replied to my thought sarcastically. This must be the gasoline making me crazy.

-Trust me you don't need help in the crazy department, Eleanor.- The voice chuckled. I cringe at the strangers use of my full name.

-Oh just deal with it!- The voice snapped. -I'm trying to find you, I need you to yell for me. Can you do that?- Who the hell does this guy think he is? I can't even wiggle my toe, let alone yell!

-I know you can do it.- His voice was softer now, beautiful even. -We can talk about my beautiful voice after I've saved you- He chuckled.

Last time I checked hearing voices meant that you were crazy. Or am I just imagining this because I'm dying?

-Dammit Eleanor!- He raised his voice in frustration. -You aren't crazy and you most certainly are NOT dying. Now please, call out so I can save you!-

I could feel my breaths becoming more labored as the smell of the gasoline got stronger. It was like someone was sitting on my chest and was getting heavier with every passing minute.

-I believe in you.- He whispered. With the little energy I had left I suck in a breath and force out a yell.

"Help!" As soon as the word ended my body was racked with violent coughing.

-You did great, just hang on. I'm almost there-

The colors were beginning to fade away along with my breaths, the weight on my chest becoming too much to bear. Then I felt something odd. I could feel the floor beneath me vibrating. Each vibration got closer until I could hear the creaking of the floorboards next to my head.

"I've got you," a familiar voice crooned. I felt him lift me off the ground, my limbs flopping around like wet noodles. Though my eyes were closed, my other senses were alive and well. I could smell the familiar scent of fresh ocean spray and lavender. Who IS this guy?

"I'm your other half silly," he chuckled. Yeah, that really answered my question. How is it even possible for him to read my mind? "Again, I'm your other half." I could here the rolling of his eyes. Well then why couldn't I read his mind?

"Because this is just a dream." His voice faded away.

My eye shoot open to a familiar sight, Miopia. The home of all wizards like myself. I kept a poster of the sprawling city on the ceiling of my bedroom. All of those trees that were almost as tall as the tallest buildings, the animals that roamed the forests, and the natural springs that wove protectively around the city. In the middle was the home of The Order, our governing body.

I've never actually been to Miopia, my parents had been mainstreaming in the human world since before I was born. Some nights I just stare at the poster and wonder how different my life would be had my parents never left. Who would I be?

People like my family tend to stay in the bigger cities to avoid being noticed. There are only a handful of wizards at my school; my best friend Kailee and I tend to steer clear of the other three wizard students. They were members of the Gaul family, but they didn't seem to be your typical ass hats.

I could feel sleep finally coming back over me as my dreams of freedom danced in my head.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My alarm woke me all too soon. with a swift snap of my fingers I hear the crash of the alarm smashing against the wall. The alarm waking me for school didn't usually bother me this much, it was more of the day it was waking me up to. I desperately wanted this day to never come.

I burrow further into be comfy bed as I hear the creaking of my bedroom door. I was crazy if I thought this day was going to slip their notice.

"Happy birthday, Eleanor!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I sincerely hope ya'll enjoy this story, but if not please be gentle... Thank you for reading!