Status: I'm trying to get back into writing little by little, its been so hard with life going on. So here is a one shot.

The Cry Of Sad Souls.

Shadows of Fear.

After the world went to shit, it wasnt long before I had found Rick grimes. We were both alone, lost and had no idea how to react to this sudden change. It was from that day that I stuck to him like glue, I had no one else;My parents were dead, my friends and possible other family members were dead. We had no forms of communication, the dead roamed the earth as if it were their own. So when I found out Rick was a cop, when Rick risked his life to save mine, I never left his side. I stayed when we found the camp and his family, I met Carl; a boy who was as confused as I was. But also who was going through his own struggles of having to grow up faster then expected. After I found a man named Daryl, a red neck asshole but I fell for him pretty hard; that is a whole different story.

I stayed through the Farm, I stayed through the prison, I never left Ricks side through the years; I never left Daryl after we got together and I always made sure to stick my neck out and keep Carl safe as if he was my own flesh and blood. It was when we went to Alexandria, I was scared, scared to settle in one place for two long; scared that nothing would stay the same and Alexandria would be taken some way and some how.

"ye'r Kidding me right!?" Daryl's voice boomed through the halls as I walked towards the bedroom, his feet hitting the floor hard as he followed behind. "Tessa the hell are you thinkin'?" His hand hit the door hard causing me to jump in shock, we had been together for going on 5 years. Never once were we apart for to long or apart at all, we could go on hunts together along with making sure everyone was safe.

"I cant stay here Daryl, why cant you understand that?" My bag hit the bed with a soft thud, Slowly I stuffed my belonging into it. He never physically tried to stop me, that wasn't who he was. He would try to talk me out of it, but I knew him; he would let me go and wait for me to come back. But it didn't mean he wouldn't hate me when I got back, if I came back.

a soft sigh escaped his lips causing me to look up in his direction, sorrow filled his eye. We had lost so many loved ones in this world, and as much as he didn't want me to go, he wouldn't leave ricks side. "I thought you loved me?" The words were soft, followed by a quiver in his tone. Slowly I placed my shirt down and walked in his direction, he had aged so much in these years, his hair had gotten dull but long.

His eyes once light and bright blue were now dark, he had become a hard man over the years. "I love you more then anything on this planet Daryl Dixon, even though we aren't married you're my husband." His eyes pulled from mine and I could see the pain, the hurt, the betrayal. He didnt care about my words and I knew that, he only cared about my actions and those right now were showing different signs then my true feelings. "Then why ya leavin' me?"

"I dont feel safe here...After all these years I have just become so used to moving, we've never stayed in one spot for to long and this, this is to long. Something bad is going to happen and no one see's it."

"So you're runnin'?" His voice was gruff as he said it, my eyes glanced at him as I walked back to the bed and stuffed the rest of my stuff in my bag. Maybe I was running, Maybe I wasnt running, I didnt truly know at that point until I walked out of those gates. Pulling the bag over my shoulder I walked up to the angry man, his lips in a pout as he knew he had lost this fight. Slowly I leaned forward, lifted myself to my tippy toes and places a soft kiss on his lips, he tasted like beer and cigarettes.

"I love you Daryl Dixon, I will be back." Those were the last words I spoke as I walked from the bedroom and out of the house.


I had been gone for about a year or so, I couldn't remember; I stopped keeping track of the time as I went on my journey, the sun high in the sky as my car came to a complete stop in front of a place I had once known. The gates were crushed to the ground, the dead roamed the area slowly not aware of my presence yet; the houses that were once so beautiful were now nothing but burnt aftermaths.

"I thought we were coming to a place you lived at, this place looks like its just been burnt to the ground." I ignored the passenger and leaned forward, my chest tight, my eyes wide and my hands shaking.

Daryl, Rick, Carl?

"Tessa?"

Finally I looked over at the young boy, blonde hair, brown eyes and tan skin; I had found him shortly after I left and saved his life, Just like I had stuck to Rick, he had stuck to me.

"Dont worry, we have another safe haven, but this was the original..." My voice cracked as I turned the car and headed to the hill top.
The ride wasn't long from Alexandria, we had made it there in about twenty minutes; I had ignored Max the entire ride as he spoke about being excited to meet my family, excited to meet Carl and learn new things. It brought a small smile to my face as I turned on to the dirt road leading to Hilltop. Soon enough my car had come to a complete halt and my eyes were wide as I was greeted with guns from every angle, Max looked horrified.

"Place your arms out of the window and open the door, if not you both will be killed." It was Maggy, she had sounded so different, even bitter in a way, but I did what she asked. We both reach out and opened the door while stepping out slowly, my heart pounded in my chest in fear that they wouldn't remember me and just kill me.

"State your names."

My eyes moved from her over to the gate, I could see eyes peering out at me and I could see the one pair of eyes that I would never forget.

"Tessa..and this is my friend Max."

It didnt take long, the gate opening cut maggies speech off as both men rushed out towards my direction, it all happened so fast, two pairs of arms engulfed my body; they smelt like sweat, blood and dirt as well as a sewer smell. Just a twinge of sewer, just enough to gross me out. But it was nice, I felt safe and at home for just a moment before they both pulled away to look at me, thats when I saw it. The time that I was gone, horrible things had to have happened, they both looked tired and worn out, Sad with no will to live anymore. Looking back up at maggie I noticed the slight bump coming from her shirt causing me to look back at Rick and Daryl.

"Both of you come inside, we will explain everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter sucks, but its just a filler for the next chapter.