‹ Prequel: City of Dark Angels

Delilahs Darkness

Demonic Church

“So what did Raveria say?” Travis asks me in the afternoon of the next day, I put my work to the side and decided to go and see him in the City of Angels to discuss this in person.

“He wants me to help him, but won’t tell me with what.” I tell him, reaching out to grab his warm hands for comfort. He slides his thumb across mine, and in that moment I feel safe.

“Did they find out what happened with your roommate yet?” He asks me curiously. I shake my head, having not heard anything from the police.

“I am going to go down to the hospital to see her tomorrow, I plan to ask her some questions about the incident.” I tell him.

“What if she doesn’t remember?”

“She’ll remember.” I say to him confidently, my eyes close abruptly and that sensation takes over. I know exactly what is happening.

“She won’t remember.” Raviera’s familiar voice says, and I turn around and face him. “The only thing she will remember is how evil you truly are.”

I blink and I’m brought back to reality, inside Travis’s office in the City of Angels.

“Delilah?” He questions, and I blink again and feel a dizziness wash over me.

“What happened?” I ask, knowing fully what occurred.

“You as you referred to ‘blanked out’ like you completely zoned out and started mumbling complete nonsense.” He tells me, and I lean my head on his shoulder just wanting it all to go away.

“What was I mumbling?”

“Literally sounded like gibberish Delilah, the only thing I picked up on was that you kept repeating ‘dark witches prevail’ whatever that’s supposed to mean.” He tells me, kissing me on the forehead gently.

“I have to get going back to the University, I have a paper due in the morning.” I tell him, getting up off his bed and heading to the door. He gets up and follows me and throws his arms around me and pulls me into a close hug. I smile into his chest feeling safe again.

“We’ll figure this out Delilah, I promise you.” He kisses me softly and I smile, closing the door behind me and heading out of the tower.

“Delilah! What are you doing here?” I hear a voice from behind me shout, I turn around and Death is standing there.

“I needed to see Travis.” I tell him, and he smiles gracefully.

“Ah, young love. The means of self destruction and chaos.” I laugh and push him on the shoulder playfully. I think for a moment of informing him that Raviera is back but decide against it, as he was so happy when he thought we had ridden the world of him. Bringing that bomb on him would only cause him to go on another murderous rampage. “Is everything else going okay, school wise and the what not?”

“Everything is great!” I sort of lie. “Just handed in a major project, working on another one, and got honors for an exam I just did.”

“Congratulations Delilah, that’s amazing! I am so very proud of you!” I grin, thankful for him giving me a second chance at life to prove my worth. “Well, I’ll let you get back to school I got you know, Death things to do.”

He disapears and I walk down the path to the exit of the City, and halfway there a feeling in the pit of my stomach begins to grow. I hear a whisper in the wind and turn around to see no body there but only the world around me begin to fade into black. Which is strange seeing that it’s two in the afternoon.

“Delilah…” The voice whispers manically.

“Who’s there?” I ask cautiously.

“I am here to help, do not fear my presence.”

“What presence, I don’t see you.” I say, just wanting to get to the bottom of it all.

“Close your eyes and count to ten.” It says, almost right behind me.

“This is stupid.”

“Delilah…please.”

“Fine.” I close my eyes as instructed and start the count. “One…two…three”

Once the word three utters my lips, the thunder booms in the distance and the pit in my stomach grows deeper than ever before.

“Four…five…six…”

A growl is heard from beyond the walls of the city, and I am no longer in the city anymore. My eyes are still closed but something inside me says, I am in some kind of demonic church, surrounded by candles and other darker figurines.

“Seven…eight…nine…”

At nine, I can sense a presence standing before me. A kind, lighter presence that fills the darker atmosphere with something less chaotic.

“Ten.”

And with that my eyes rage open, and I am surrounded by dark figures in a church. One kneels before me and takes my hand, she retrieves a knife from behind her back and slices my hand open.

Instead of red blood that fills the bowl, its dark black.

“She is the one.”

***

“Delilah?” I hear a voice call out to me, it feels far away but I recognize it. I open my eyes and Travis is standing before me looking worried.

“What happened?” I ask, remembering the last thing was my hand being sliced open and black blood draining out.

“I heard a scream coming from my room, I ran outside and seen you lying on the ground.” He says, helping me get to my feet. I look down at my hand and it is just as it was before, no skin sliced open or any evidence saying it ever was.

“I don’t remember anything, I was walking towards the gate and then everything went black and next thing I know…you’re here.” I lie to him, not wanting to worry him about what I had seen.

“Come inside and rest for a bit, your schoolwork can wait.” He insists, but I pull away; knowing that there’s something I need to do.

“I’ll be back in a few days Travis, I need to take care of something.” I kiss him on the cheek and press the button on my key that transports me out of the City of Angels.

I am back in my dorm room within moments, my roommate still has not returned from the hospital. I flop down on my bed for a moment and close my eyes, I envision finally being rid of this dreaded curse from within me. I wonder when that day will finally show itself.

My phone rings from inside my pocket, I reach in and grab it; its an an unknown caller.

“Hello?” I ask, hoping its not like the other mysterious calls I’ve gotten.

“Meet me right now.” A mysterious voice says into the other line and hangs up immediately.

I look at my phone in confusion just as a text message pops up with an address,

and another message that’s almost threatening.

“Come alone, or else.”