Status: I am the author of NEver Underestimate, i am using the characters from that story. This is another part of Katie's life, not a sequel.

Changes

Prequel

Katie stood on the stage, doing her normal dance routine as always. But something was off... something is always off. Katie ended her dance and as the children scattered, Katie looked around to see the room was now completely empty. Except for one boy. He sat in the corner, head down, and he didn't move or speak when Katie walked over, he just sat there. Katie sat down next to him. "Hey there," Katie said. She carefully put her hand on his shoulder, so she wouldn't scare the child. He slowly raised his head.

"H-hi" The child replied shyly. He had brilliant blue eyes, messy brown hair, and wore a red t-shirt and jeans. Talk about the classics. They chatted a bit, and Katie learned his name was Dillon, which meant loyal. He seemed very proud of his name, as he went on to explain why he was named that. His father found it online at a popular website. seeing all the good reviews the name had, his father and mother went on and named him Dillon on how popular it was. Although his grandmother wanted for him to be named Galen, which meant calm, instead. His grandmother argued that being loyal is nothing if you're, not a calm being. He also explained that later on, his parents regretted naming him Dillon and wanted Galen instead, which was due to Dillon's very bad temper. " My mommy and dada wanted to rename me, but the legal procedure said that both the mother, father, and child had agreed on a name. I refused to change my name." He had said.
He also explained why he sat alone in the corner. "My dad said that my temper can get out of hand and that I shouldn't talk to any of the other kids." He explained.

Katie explained to Dillon that his temper can be controlled, and just because it can get out of hand sometimes doesn't mean you have to be anti-social. "Everybody has a little devil inside of us." Kaite explained to Dillon " You just got to know how to calm it."

Just then, a loud scream came from down the hallway. Katie stood up, and as she did, the alarm to evacuate went off. Katie picked up Dillon and ran down the hallway, into a fire exit, and down the stairs to the exit. She told Dillon to stay outside, and before he could answer, Katie ran back into the building. SHe searched the premises, finding small children, the same ones that had been in her party room just an hour before, curled up in balls, hiding in closets. She took them out of the closets, and lead them down the same fire exit as Dillon. She opened the door, and to her relief, found Dillon playing in the dirt. She told the children what had happened, and to stay right where she had left them.

Katie returned back inside the building to look for more kids. Instead, she found the dead bodies of kids and parents, cops and FBI agents. She carefully stepped over them and entered a dark storage room. She quietly called out to any children who may have been hiding in the room. No reply. Assuming nobody was in the room, she began to exit the room, when all of a sudden, she heard Dillon screaming to her. "Katie!" He cried as he ran towards her. "Watch out!"

Katie felt a flick of pain. A gun had been fired on her. SHe could feel her circus being pierced. She fell to the ground, watching Dillon run away in horror. She could have sworn she had heard him call out to her, say that he would come back for her one day.

Katie didn't dream what Dillon had said. He really had said it. He had seen the body of his dead parents and instantly knew he would be sent to an orphanage. He swore he would come back one day. He didn't know that day would be his 17th birthday...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the prequel to my new story, and another chapter to Katie's life, Changes. This side story was kindof nessicary for my new story because it wouldn't make sense without it. I'll try to upload another chapter soon. And as always, have a fantastic and happy rest of your day.