Status: In-Progress

Life Unexpected

One.

I sighed running a hand over my face. It was late, nearing 3am. I knew Brian was stressed about his website launch. He was starting a school for kids who wanted to learn more about playing guitar. His dad had gone home a couple hours ago. I wanted nothing more then to go to sleep right now. But I knew this was important to Brian. It was something he had been talking about for a few years now and it was finally coming together for him. I leaned back on my couch as I listened to him argue with his wife Michelle.

This had been a frequent thing lately. The arguing. Michelle had been partying a lot more lately. I busied myself back into my laptop as I herd him walk back into my living room.

“Sorry.” He mumbled. I offered him a sweet smile.

“We can finish this up tomorrow.” I said standing. “We just have to go over the finishing touches and we’ll be good.”

“You’re the best Claire.” He smiled, grabbing his jacket off the back of the couch. “Just call me in the morning when you get up.”

I nodded following him to my front door. “See you tomorrow.” I waved. Shutting the front door I didn’t even bother cleaning the mess in my living room. Papers and soda bottles had been scattered everywhere. I knew tomorrow would come early. No matter what time I went to bed my body always woke me at 6am.

Brushing my teeth I couldn’t help but think of how Brian had grown up over the years. I had been with the guys through a lot. Watching them start the band and tour the world. Brian had offered me a job as his assistant/partner when he had expressed to me he wanted to do more. I had helped him and Zacky start a clothing line and now I was helping Brian and his dad start an online school to help teach kids guitar. I admired how much Brian wanted to give back to the kids who loved and supported the band through everything.

I sighed putting up my tooth brush. I knew Brian was going through a hard patch in his life, Michelle had been acting out since he had been on a year long tour. He loved that woman even though she only wanted the money. She wasn’t happy when she found out he wanted to start this school, but Brian was ecstatic. He always wanted to give back to the fans, always thinking about other people.
I shook the thoughts out of my head as I glanced at the clock 4am. At least I’d get a few hours of sleep.

I sat on my balcony over looking the ocean as I typed on my laptop sending out emails regarding the website. The sun had only just come up, I was enjoying the quite as I was able to get a bit of work done. The less Brian had to stress about the better. Quickly going over what I had laid out, as to make sure I wasn’t missing anything I sent out the emails. I herd my front door open and close. Vaguely hearing Brian on the phone. I shook my head, it was only 7am. “Yes I’m over at Claires!” He sighed. “To finish up the website- NO I didn’t stay here last night!” Michelle always had an issue with me. I mean I did spend a lot of time with Brian, but nothing had ever happened between us. We had been friends for a long time, and sure I had the high school crush on him. But as we got older I realized we’d only ever be friends. I sent him a smile as I walked into my kitchen area. I knew he’d want coffee. He held up one finger signaling he’d only be a minute. I nodded my head in understanding.

“She’s been such a bitch lately.” Brian sighed taking a seat at the counter.

“We’ve all been stressed lately. I’m sure she’s feeling it to.” I defended, handing him his cup of coffee.

“I stayed at my parents last night and I woke up this morning with her threatening divorce.” I hated when he was upset. “She’s been different since we came back from this last tour, it’d probably be for the best.”

Brian confided in me a lot, but I didn’t know everything that happened between him and Michelle.
“Well whatever happens you have a lot of support.” I said resting a hand on his shoulder. “I got most of the stuff done from last night.” I smiled. I didn’t want his mind on Michelle.

I grabbed my laptop showing him the outcome of what I had done. I watched him as he looked over the work. He was such a handsome man, the way his messy hair fell in front of his eyes. The feelings I had towards him would never go away. I just learned over the years not to let them show. “I don’t know what

I’d do without you Claire.” He smiled. “This is amazing.”

“Oh you know, just doing my job.” I chuckled, setting my own coffee cup into my sink. “You have a couple of interviews today also, a lot of people are interested in what you’re doing.’ I loved his genuine smile.

“You and your dad are going to be very busy this next couple of months.”

Brian kept his head in the laptop, fine tuning whatever he saw fit. It was nearing 10am and I knew my phone was going to start going off. The PR for Brian’s school staying in contact with me on a regular basis as to keep up with what Brian was up to.

“I’m just going to go change.” I yelled from my living room as I grabbed my phone. I hit the third stair as there was a knock on my door. Figuring it was Brian’s dad I pulled the door open. “Michelle?!” I said as I was pushed away from my door. The strong odder of alcohol following her.

“Damn it!” I herd Brian say. “Go home Michelle.” I rolled my eyes. Today wasn’t going to be a good day.

“No, I’m so tired of you constantly working! You’re never home!” She whined. I didn’t feel like butting into their problems so I made my way up to my room so I could shower. “You’re always with her!”

“Why is Claire always an issue with you!” Brian yelled. It wasn’t often he raised his voice. “We work together! That’s it!” My neighbors were probably love this. The old ladies loved drama. I rolled my eyes. Hoping my shower would drowned them out.

Moments later I herd my front door slam. I was surprised to hear my bedroom door open. “I figured you would have taken her home.” I said.

“I’m tired of the arguing with her honestly.” I peaked out of the shower and noticed his legs hanging off my bed. “She’s still threatening divorce. Said if I don’t stop spending so much time with you and this school, she’ll actually go through with it.” I could hear this disappointment in his voice.

I could never understand how someone could be so selfish. Brian’s dream was coming true. “Can I be kind of an ass.” I said, shutting the water off. “You deserve someone better.” Wrapping the towel around my body I stepped into my room. “What you’re doing for these kids is amazing, and if she can’t see that. Something is wrong with her.” I pulled my clothes out of my drawer, a simple pair a shorts and a t-shirt. “I mean her of all people should be standing in your corner.” I walked back into my bathroom to get dressed.

“You know, you’re not the only one who’s been saying that lately.” I watched as he ran a hand through his hair. “I got a huge lecture from my mom last night, not to mention all the guys talking to me about it while on tour.” He sat up looking at me. “can I get a shower?”

I nodded. “It’d be a good idea. I’ll call your dad and let him know what time to meet us for the interviews.” Trotting back down my stairs I sighed. I knew today was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Be sure to let me know what you think.
Things will pick up and make sense as we go.
Also nothing against Michelle.

R&R
XX Petaldreams