Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

11

*****
(Teegan's POV)

After Chester and the guys finished their set, I immediately told him that I was going to go to the bus and lay down. I felt like I was going to pass out at any given moment. I ran as fast as I could out of the venue and made it halfway when I was yanked back by a strong arm. "Where are you going?" It was Zacky, great. I felt my hands start to tremble as I tried to pull away from him. "Please Zee, I don't want to deal with this right now. Can't we talk tomorrow?" He scoffed under his breath, shaking his head. "I told you I'm not going to do anything to ruin your relationship Teegan, but I at least deserve some time with you. Please?" I could tell by the look in his eyes, it wasn't him. Ever since I had started seeing Chester and ever since Gena had left him, I knew damn well that he was headed on a path of self destruction not really caring about who or what he hurt in the end. It tore at my soul to see him so broken up inside, I always wanted so much more for him. He had such potential and character to him, this wasn't the Zacky that I used to know. This Zacky was a heartless, insensitive asshole who only pretended to care until it came down to it. Then he was mean and selfish, only caring about himself and what happened to him. He didn't care if he ruined my happiness as long as he still had me in his life. It hurt to talk about him this way, but seeing the things he's said and done so far tonight, didn't change my mind at all.

I wiped away a tear that had fallen with my free hand and agreed, following him off to somewhere away from everything. We stopped a few good feet away underneath a dim light, he put a cigarette to his lips, sighing deeply as he let go of my arm. "I didn't want to do this, but something keeps clawing at me inside. I'm lost." He suddenly started to cry, his lips quivering as he continued to try and smoke. I put a hand to his face, shaking my head. "You're not you anymore Zacky. I've never seen you this way. You say you love me but then you come and try to tear what I have apart. I know you love me, but you have to let me figure this out, you know it's not fair to keep doing this." He sniffled as he tried to comprehend what I was saying. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. "I'm not gonna lie to you, I've been drinking way more than I should be. But it helps with the pain." I stayed silent as he talked but still held onto him. It seemed to be the only thing that kept him from getting upset. "Zee, you need to seriously get some sort of help or something, before it gets worse. I love you, so much Zacky but I'm seriously worried about you." He looked down at me, a glimmer of hope seeming to flicker in his eyes.

"I really am sorry, you don't deserve everything I've done. I promise, after tomorrow I'm going to go get counseling or something when we get back home. I want to apologize to him." I hugged onto Zack even tighter, truly hoping that he was telling the truth. "But after that, I need to let you go Teegan. For reals this time. While I work on myself and while you work on your relationship." I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe, the air being sucked from right out of me. My knees started to buckle as I struggled to stand. He held me up, this time we both started to cry. I knew it wouldn't be long before Chester came looking for me, so I knew this moment with Zacky had to be cut short. "It's not goodbye forever besides you managed a whole ten months without me already, as long as you have him and your job, you won't even have to think of me."

(Chester's POV)

There was definitely something wrong with Teegan, I knew it from the moment I saw her face once we had finished our set for the night. She looked like if she had seen something terrible, it actually scared me. I knew she was having a tough time dealing with her friends being here, especially Zacky, but it honestly looked like there was something more. After the guys and I had finished meeting up with a few fans, I raced over to the buses where she was waiting for me. "Guys, have you seen Teegan?" I asked her friends Jimmy and Matt as they came from off of their bus. They shook their heads, a look of worry soon came to their faces. "I haven't seen her since an hour ago, she was talking with Zack." My face stiffened at the mention of his name. I didn't want to jump to any conclusion but I knew deep down he couldn't be trusted. I thanked them before racing off again once more to go and find Teegan. I tried to call her but it went straight to voicemail, only making my anxiety rise more.

I looked around the parking lot, finally noticing a pair of people standing off in the far distance underneath a light post. As I neared closer I could tell it was her. And of course, right beside her was Zack. I appeared suddenly behind them, making her jump slightly once I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Everything okay babe?" I asked with a slight defensive tone in my voice. She looked down at the floor then back up at me. "I was just apologizing to her, actually. I was just about to come and find you too. I'm sorry, for the way I've been acting and for the things I've said. I know sorry doesn't fix anything but I really mean it, I'm happy for you two." I could tell by the way Zacky talked that something was off, but not wanting to seem suspicious, I accepted his apology.

Without another word I pulled Teegan along with me back to the bus. Once we got on and climbed into our bunk, she immediately started to cry. "What is wrong babe, please talk to me. I promise I won't be mad at you, I just want to know." I pleaded with her but it wasn't any use. She sobbed uncontrollably sometimes struggling to take a deep breath, my heart broke as I watched her fall apart. I held her in my arms as she cried, rubbing her back and trying to soothe her as best as I could. She eventually cried herself to sleep, not another sound or word. I stroked the side of her face, feeling absolutely useless. I decided to go and try to Zack by myself without having to worry about Teegan hearing what I had to say to him. I carefully crawled out of bed from beside her, tucking the covers around her body before I made my way out to the front. Mike and Rob were still awake, eyeing me as I walked out. I walked over casually to their bus, knowing full well they were all still up. I knocked loudly with Matt soon answering. "Hey man, everything alright?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. I shrugged "Can I talk to Zack, please? Teegan went to sleep an absolute wreck, I wanna know what happened." His face hardened a bit before he left to find him. Yelling and cursing could be heard from inside before he had finally appeared. He looked terrified. "Can we take a walk?" He paused but reluctantly agreed.

We sat at an empty bench away from earshot of everyone. He started to shake as I stared at him, clearly nervous. "Why are you hurting her?" I finally spoke up. He looked around, clenching his jaw before answering me. "I'm not trying to, I just love her. You don't understand how it feels to watch her love someone else the way I want her to love me. She's been crazy about you for so long, it was like God had answered her prayers suddenly when all this happened. Now to hear that she is so deep in love with you already, it breaks my heart to let her go. But that's why she was so upset, because I told her our friendship had to end. For good this time. I need to work on myself and she needs to be with you. You love her, so just take care of her please. I've known her since I was in elementary school, so this isn't exactly something easy to do." I suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I never realized how important she was to him, I truly never saw this side before.

"She's been saving herself all her life for the right person, regardless of what happened to her. I'm sure she told you. You'd be lucky if you get that chance, then that means she truly does love you. She's not just some toy and I realize it now that I'm fucked up, especially for trying to destroy what you two have just to be selfish and keep her for myself. I have never seen her so happy as she is with you. So please, you have to help her through getting over me. I know you stepped in those last months, so I need you to do it again, but permanently. Save her from me." When I didn't say anything in response he stood up and walked towards me. "Don't break her heart just because of me. She's incredibly fragile." I stood from my spot, still remaining silent as I thought to myself.
I dug my hands into my pockets, sighing. I had planned on asking Teegan to marry me after this tour was finished, but now I didn't know about it anymore.

I felt like I had torn apart two people who really belonged together.
♠ ♠ ♠
More drama! Short, I'm sorry, but I needed a good filler! I hope you all are enjoying, more twists and turns are coming! Thank you for all the feedback, I truly appreciate it and love you all! And hello to my new silent readers, I hope you like this story! Also I recommend listening to Shattered By Broken Dreams by Avenged while reading this chapter, kinda sets a good mood for this chapter!