Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

15

*****
(Teegan's POV)

The last month seemed to come and go without any warning. Thanksgiving in New Mexico was amazing, but the day was finally here and I was going home, back to California. Thankfully, not alone either. Chester was coming with me and I couldn't be happier about it. We had played a show in Arizona the night before and everyone was too excited to sleep after, so the exhaustion was clearly evident in all of us. It was about 6 a.m Christmas Eve morning when we had finally pulled up to the record label. Chester was pretty nervous when we had got off of the bus and loaded up all our luggage into a waiting taxicab. We said our heartfelt goodbye's and see you laters to everyone before we headed off to Huntington Beach, my home. "You're not nervous are you babe?" I teased as I saw him fidget with his hands. He gave me a half smile, sighing. "Only a little. I just hope everything goes well." I took his hand in mine giving it a gentle squeeze. "Even if it didn't, the only thing that matters is that I have you. I love you Ches." He seemed to relax the more I reassured him that things would be fine which helped ease my nerves greatly.

An hour later we had arrived at my place, my smiling growing wider the moment I saw all my friends come into view in my driveway. I immediately rushed out off the car and tackled Jimmy, Brian, Matt and Johnny in a group hug. I then ran over to Val, hugging onto her carefully but tightly. She had tears in her eyes but I knew they were tears of joy, especially since I knew the surprise that lay ahead for today. Thankfully you couldn't even notice her bump due to the outfit she picked. "Oh my God, I've missed you guys so much!" Tears streamed down my face as we all stood in the yard holding each other, suddenly making me remember about Chester. "Oh fuck, babe I'm so sorry!" I ran to his side, seeing all the guys and Val follow with me. "Hey man! Great to see you!" They all exchanged hugs and handshakes making me grin with pride. I had the best friends in the world. "Chester is gonna be staying with me until he can get his place settled in L.A." The guys made cooing noises and wiggled their eyebrows, making me blush. I laid my head on Chester's shoulder, looking up at him. "You ready to go inside? I know you must be tired babe." He nodded, yawning loudly. We had made arrangements to meet up with everyone later on at Matt's house for our annual Christmas party, no one mentioning a thing about Zacky or how his mom was doing.

Once inside, I had formally introduced Chester to my mom, her eyes gleaming with excitement as they talked. They got along great and even talked about tastes in music before I had interrupted them. "Ma, we've been on the road for a long time, we're gonna go catch up on some sleep okay?" She shooed us away happily as she sat back on the sofa to finish watching her movie. "She's an amazing woman, you are very lucky." I leaned over, kissing the side of his face as we dragged our luggage down the hall and into my room. My bed was made and my clothes were all folded neatly, I can tell my mom must have been busy. Chester scanned over every inch of my walls, examining all the pictures and drawings that lingered all over the place. "Hey, I know that picture." He pointed to the picture of us at the beach, it sat in a frame next to the Linkin Park teddy bear he had given me on our first 'date'. "Yeah that's my little shrine from you. But I promise I'm not obsessed." I joked with a wink. He laughed contentedly, pulling me into his arms firmly against his chest. "I love you so much Teegan. You have no idea how happy I am to be here with you." He murmured into my ear softly before kissing it. I wrapped my arms around his body, keeping him pressed to me. "I love you too. You're the best thing to ever happen to me." Instantly I could feel the heat start to rise between us as we started to kiss deeper and our hands starting to roam each other's body. We made out sloppily until we reached my bed, I pushed him backwards onto it. Eagerly I climbed on top of him, not wanting to waste any time as I yanked at his belt and finally pulled down his pants. "You're so wild, you make me go insane." He groaned, throwing his head back. I smirked, kissing and nibbling at the skin on his neck. "Then I think you should tame me." I breathed into his ear with a giggle until he sat up and shoved me onto my back. "Watch me."

We had made love for a good two hours until eventually we couldn't take it anymore and promptly finished. "So much for going to sleep huh?" I laughed as we laid side by side trying to regain control of our breathing. He looked over at me with a coy smirk, shaking his head. "You took advantage of me, I was powerless." He teased playfully. I stuck my tongue out at him before placing a kiss on his cheek. I ran my fingers over his chest, tracing every outline of his tattoos. I knew we only had a few more hours until we were supposed to be heading off to meet with everyone but a part of me felt like it was much better if we didn't go. Mostly because I knew Zacky was more than likely going to be there and I still hadn't talked to him since the day he told me the news about his mom, so I never got to mention that Chester was going to be with me and moving in and I didn't want to upset him. "I feel so bad I don't have gifts for anyone. I don't even think I want to go, I still feel bad about Zack's mom." I was trying to make him catch a hint that I didn't want to go to the party but he insisted that it would be better for everyone if I did. "Babe, you know Valary is going to want you there when she reveals the baby to Matt and when you see Zack, you can finally see how his mom is. I know everyone has missed you Tee, you kinda have to go." I muttered a few good curse words in my head before sighing deeply, clearly defeated. "Okay fine, we'll go. But just so you know, you owe me."

(Chester's POV)

I had secretly made arrangements a couple of months ago on the phone with Teegan's friend Matt that I would be proposing to her during their Christmas party, he was excited and insisted that I invite all my band mates to be there. He promised not to tell anyone else and I was extremely grateful for that. I had bought a simple diamond ring when we were in New York, Mike had helped me pick it out and held onto it for me so she had no clue. I was devastated when she said she didn't want to go to the party, so I knew I had to convince her otherwise so my plan could go off without a hitch. We were in the process of getting ready when I heard my phone ring from the other side of the room. I quickly ran over to answer it, seeing it was Mike. "Hey man, you guys gonna get ready to head over there soon?" I peeked over my shoulder to make sure she couldn't hear me from the bathroom before answering him. "Yeah, we'll be there in about a half hour. Matt knows you guys are all going, so don't worry about anything. I'll see you soon." I hung up right as Teegan came walking out in a gorgeous black lacy dress, her long black hair done in curls. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her as they roamed up and down her entire body, taking in every inch of her beauty. "Baby you look so beautiful." I breathed, watching her walk over towards me. "Thank you. Are you ready to go?" I nodded giving her a quick kiss on the lips. I knew this was going to be the best decision that I had ever made in my life.

As we headed out to the car, we had made sure to say goodbye to her mom and promise to be back before midnight so we could be there for her on Christmas morning. I knew Teegan was close to her mom and took care of her after her dad had passed away so I was going to make it a point that I be there for the both of them, especially since I planned on making her daughter my wife. I grabbed onto her hand tightly as we drove over to Matt's house, the feeling of anxiety rising until I was starting to tremble the closer we got to it. "Babe your shaking. Are you okay?" She asked, looking over at me. I smiled as I kissed the top of her ring finger. "Perfectly fine."

(Teegan's POV)

I looked over at Chester who had a sort of secretive look in his eyes as we pulled in front of Matt's house. Everyone was already there, standing in the driveway and all around the yard. I took in a sharp breath as we walked up the pathway gripping onto Chester's hand as tight as I could. I smiled and waved at everyone we passed along the way until we headed inside through the front door. Christmas decorations, colorful lights, pretend snow was scattered graciously over the entire house. This must have been Val, she was always the crafty one when it came to the holidays. "Hey guys glad to see you made it!" Jimmy said excitedly as he headed over towards us with a drink in hand.
"Little early for the eggnog don't ya say Jim?" He laughed loudly before handing me a small wrapped gift. "For you guys." I stared up at him in disbelief, feeling bad that I never had the chance to get anyone of them anything. "Don't worry about getting me anything Teebear, you've been busy this last few months. All that matters is that you're here now." I hugged onto Jimmy tightly, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "Thank you Jim, I love you." He nodded before excusing himself to go and find his long lost girlfriend out in the backyard somewhere. Chester and I made small talk with everyone that came into contact with us, asking tons of questions like how did we meet, when did we become a couple, and things of that nature. Thankfully Val had came down from their room upstairs at the same time Matt had asked for Chester's help outside so I finally had a moment to myself. "So are you excited?" I asked her with a hopeful grin. She nodded, letting me put my hand quickly to her stomach. It definitely was something else that was for sure. "I'm so nervous, I don't know how I'm going to say it. Probably during dinner I guess." We stood around for a few minutes talking quietly among ourselves about whether she thought it would be a girl or boy and name ideas when there was a loud knock at the door.

There stood Zacky in the doorway in all his glory, wearing a white button up shirt with a black tie, his hair spiked up in the front and that goddamn cocky smile of his. I stood there completely dumbfounded as he walked over slowly towards Val and I. I started to panic slightly as he got closer, looking around to see if Chester was anywhere in sight. "Hey beautiful. You look great." I snapped my attention to him, smiling uneasily as he leaned in to hug me. I gave him a half hug back, staring into his green eyes. "How's your mom Zee? I was so worried about her, I wanted to go as soon as I got back but we barely got in this morning and it has just been a really long day." He cocked a questioning brow at me "We? You mean he's here with you?" I swallowed hard, feeling my palms start to sweat. "Yes, Matt had asked me to bring him and he's staying with me until he moves into his new place in L.A next month. Don't avoid the situation though Zack, I love you and all but the main reason I wanted to stay in touch with you is because of your mom." He huffed folding his arms across his chest. "I can't believe you actually brought him here. You know this is a tough situation for me to face and you brought him with you? I don't want you to see her anyways, she always wanted us together and you could of at least faked it for her. But no, you have your boyfriend here with you so that's obviously not going to happen. Do you always have to think of yourself Teegan?" I could feel the tears building up in my eyes as he proceeded to fight with me, the entire last thing that I had wanted to do. "Zacky, I don't see why this has to go this way. I love him and nothing is going to change that. Why can't you accept that already?" He snickered bitterly while shaking his head at me. "You said you love me too, remember? And from the way it sounds, you still want me. Admit it, Teegan. You're in love with both of us. So, choose one then. Me or him."

I shoved away from him without another word and ran as fast as I could until I slammed right into Brian in the hallway. "Woah Tee what's the matter? Are you okay?" I let the tears fall as I tried to catch my breath. "It's Zee, he's trying to get me away from Chester. He said his mom is sick and that's the only reason why I wanted to talk to him again. But I don't know what to believe anymore Bri." Brian pulled me into a hug before looking at me slightly confused. "Well I know for a fact nothing is wrong with Zack's mom, I just saw her yesterday, so that's obviously a lie and obviously he's back to his old tricks with you again. Just steer clear of him doll, I'll make sure he keeps his distance." I thanked him immensely before rushing off to find Chester. Praying to God he was still outside occupied with Matt, I calmed a bit when I saw them talking with Johnny and and his girlfriend Lacey. I strode over casually trying to act as natural as I could when I reached them, tugging on Chester's hand lightly. "Hey baby, are you having fun?" He asked with a cheerfulness tone in his voice. I nodded, kissing his cheek. "Guys the food is ready, lets go inside!" Matt suddenly announced, causing all the guests to scramble inside the house and pile around the large dining tables. Chester and I sat with Matt and Val, Jimmy and Leana, while Brian and Michelle helped put a gap between Zacky. I could see his eyes glaring at me from across the room, making my heart start to pound in my chest. I tried to shake off the tension that I felt from him but it wasn't an easy task.

A few minutes had passed after everyone had started to eat when I noticed Val glance over at me, raising up her fork. It was the signal, she was ready to announce it. I cleared my throat, seeming to catch everyone's attention. She stood up from beside Matt slowly, raising her glass of water. She tapped her knife against it lightly, this time all eyes were on her. "Everyone, I have something to say. Matt, I love you with every fiber in my body. You know I do. And I know that you're growing into a successful man and have an adventurous life ahead of you, but I wanted you to know, you're going to be a dad." The entire room fell silent before an uproar of whistles and cheers could be heard from near and far. The look on Matt's face was priceless as she took his hand and put it against her stomach. Tears fell down both of their faces as they kissed, Matt exclaiming how happy and excited he was and how he couldn't have ever asked for a better mother for his child then her. I give her a cheeky grin with a thumbs up. I was so happy for them, they deserved this gift. Out of the corner of my eye, I also noticed Chester had got up from beside me making my eyes grow wider as he did the same that Val had done only this time looking me straight in the eyes as he grabbed onto my left hand. I then noticed the guys from Linkin Park had shown up too, smiles adorned on all of their faces. "I also have some news too. Teegan, babe, you have made me the happiest that I have ever felt in a very long time. When I met you, I knew this was meant to be. You're my light in my darkness, you are my angel. You've saved me from myself. Now I wanna ask you this, will you marry me?"

(Zacky's POV)

My skin grew incredibly pale and tears stung my eyes as I watched him propose to her. I prayed on everything that she would say no, but my fears were soon realized as I watched him lean in and kiss her. "Yes, I will." She cried almost instantly as he slipped the diamond ring onto her finger. I felt my head start to spin and my vision go blurry as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I really had finally lost her for good this time and no matter how hard I tried to stop it, it just wasn't meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok everyone, the next update will be the last! and I thank you all for all the support, I'm sorry to say that there will be some sadness/tragedy in the last update..but! I want to know what you guys think about me doing a sequel? I mean, more than likely I will do it regardless, but I just want to know everyones opinions! thank you everyone! I couldn't have done this without you guys, you all kept my dream of continuing this story alive! :)