Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

05

*****
(Teegan's POV)

Over the weekend I had kept in touch with Chester constantly and some during the week when he wasn't too busy. I didn't want to rush things either, but everything seemed to be just happening so naturally, it seemed inevitable to slow it all down. I was excited to start my new job in the next year with the band but I still needed something to keep me occupied until then. I still hadn't broke the news to the guys or Val and the other girls but I decided that I would at Johnny's house tonight during our family BBQ. It was already Friday once again and I was still bothered by the fact Zacky was still acting like such a jealous bitch, but I knew deep down it had to be hard for him to watch another one of his friends begin to start getting close with someone while he was alone. Come to think of it, I still never really told Chester about him either, but I guess I should just let it blow over. I was in the middle of editing a folder of photos I took from my adventures in L.A the other week when my phone started to obnoxiously ring beside me, making me jump in surprise. "Hello?" I answered with a yawn. "Can we talk?" It was Zacky. I paused for a bit before responding to him, I wasn't exactly in the mood for it but I knew I had to be fair and at least hear him out. "Sure, about what?" I tapped my fingers gently on my computer desk while I awaited his reply. "I'm sorry for the way I've been acting but I'm only doing it so you don't get hurt. Chester's not exactly all innocent, he does have a past." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe he had just said that about him.

Without saying another word I simply hung up the phone, not wanting to hear anymore of his excuses for his jealousy. Once I finished up the pictures I was working on I had decided to call Val for once and see if she wanted to hangout. She eagerly agreed and said she would be over in ten minutes, just enough time for me to get ready. I settled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a Misfits tanktop when the doorbell rang. I raced down the hall to open it, revealing a smiling Val with Starbucks in her hand. We sat outside on the swing in my backyard, chatting and taking sips of our drinks. I figured I would open up to her for a change and tell her about my new job offer instead of waiting for tonight. I anxiously picked at my nails as I thought of the right words to say. "So I got a job offer the other day. Last Friday, actually." I began slowly. She leaned in closer with a smile, signaling she was all ears. "I'm gonna be Linkin Park's tour photographer next year, I'll be gone for 8 months." I saw her facial expression change dramatically as she pulled me in a big hug. "Teegan, oh my God! That's awesome news I'm so happy for you, I'm sure you must be excited." She squealed excitedly. I shrugged, looking away sadly. "Kind of, but I still haven't told the guys and with the way Zacky has been acting I'm not sure I want to."

She put a hand to my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Who cares what Zacky thinks, he's just bitter but it's your career and this could be huge for you." I admired her sincerity and was ultimately glad that i had called her over in the first place. "Thanks Val, I'm really glad you're in this with me. But please don't tell any of them okay? I wanna do it tonight at the BBQ." She nodded, giving me another tight embrace. "I won't say a word I promise. I gotta get going girl, I'm gonna go to lunch with my mom and sister before tonight. I'll see you later though." We again exchanged hugs and said our goodbyes as I went back inside to upload my photos to my blog. I was glad to be gaining new followers and tons of feedback, it was really making me feel more confident in my photography as a whole. Once I finished I saw that I had a missed call from Chester who I wasted no time in calling back. It rang about four times until he had picked up. "Hey you." His voice sounded a little hoarse, he must have been singing. "Hey, how's the recording going?" I was genuinely interested in his career and wanted him to know that. "Good thank you for asking, I just got done doing some vocals actually, hence my voice." He chuckled sweetly. I laid back in my chair with a cheeky smile on my face. I had a way of sensing these types of things. "So have you told them yet?" My face immediately fell once I heard that. I knew I needed to tell them but I really didn't want to think about it at this moment. "No but I am tonight when we have this little get together. I'm really scared though." I said honestly, biting at my lip.

I heard a loud thud from his end of the line before pure silence. "Um, Chester? Are you okay?" I asked curiously. Still a few more seconds of silence of silence before finally his calm voice. "Yeah sorry hun, I dropped my phone walking to the back." I loved it when he called me certain little names, it made me feel a lot better. As I let out a long sigh while staring up at the ceiling I thought of what else to say next. Luckily he spoke out just in time before I did. "I know you're scared but believe me when I tell you this, it only gets harder the longer you prolong it. Besides these guys are your best friends, they will support you at any cost. Trust me, I would never lie to you Teegan." I smiled to myself. I was truly lucky to have met this amazing man, he always had the right words to say every time I felt like I was going to fall apart. "Honestly you have no idea how much that helps me. Thank you Chester." He laughed lightly and I could tell he was smiling. To be brutally honest, I wished that he was here with me. Being near him made me feel at ease with everything going on around me, something that I hadn't felt in a long time. "I miss you." My mouth suddenly blurted out making me gasp in surprise. What the hell was I doing?!

When he didn't say anything after I had said that I felt extremely awkward and embarrassed to say the least. I knew I was rushing things, I just knew it. "I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said that I'm so-" He butted in quickly, making me stop talking all at once. "Stop apologizing please its fine, I miss you too. I'm sorry, it's just been so long since someone had actually said that to me besides my family. I've been thinking about you a lot actually." My heart raced and my stomach was erupting in millions of butterflies as those words rang through my ears like sweet music. He missed me, he really missed me. "Me too. I was editing the pictures of us from L.A, they look really good." I heard voices in the background saying something about needing him for a final run. "Because you're in them. Listen I gotta go finish up some more vocal tracks but I promise I'll call you tonight okay?" I knew he was a busy guy, so I understood with no issue about it. "Yeah I look forward to it."

(Fast forward to later that night, Johnny's house, Zacky's POV)

While we sat around Johnny's backyard talking, drinking, doing whatever it was we usually did, I couldn't help but feel tension thick between Teegan and I. She sat away from me talking with Val and Michelle which irritated me tons. She hadn't actually even said a word to me besides hi since I first got here. I knew she was probably maybe still mad at me for the stuff I said about Chester, but it was partially true. He had a history with drugs and alcohol and suicide attempts. I honestly didn't think he was a safe environment for her to even be around and I'd be damned if I let anything happen to her. But she was a grown adult and she had control over the situation, whether I truthfully liked it or not. I just wanted her to see that my feelings for her have been real this entire time, that I really did love her the same way she once started to feel about me. I know she still has feelings for me, I know she still loves me more than just her best friend, I could see it in the way she looked at me and in the way she hugged me. She used to write my name all over her notebook in school, thinking I never noticed. But I did, I was just too scared and stupid to make the first move.

Now as I sat here staring at her with longing eyes, she paid absolutely no attention to me until Matt had announced that the food was ready. We all sat around the big picnic style table, each other near the girlfriends, forcing me and Teegan to sit together. She crossed her arms over her chest with a deep pout. "Sorry." I muttered as I reached over her to grab the bowl of salad. She didn't say anything except give me an eye roll. Who was being childish now?

(Teegan's POV)

I wasn't intentionally trying to be rude to Zacky but the way he tried to make it seem like Chester wasn't a good guy because of his past truly irked me. I was going to support Chester regardless of his past because I believed that everyone deserved a second chance. I was optimally waiting for the right time to announce my job opportunity when suddenly Val spoke up. "Guys, I'm really glad we're all here together. I know that our lives and choices in careers make it hard for us to always be together at times especially holidays or birthdays, but it really means a lot when we can just find the time to do these types of things. I know you guys are getting ready to write a new record soon and Teegan, I know your getting more into your photography. I just love you all so much." She started to cry uncontrollably, Matt pulling her into his arms and holding onto her tight. I guess now or never would be the right time. I cleared my throat shakily, taking in a few deep breaths before I made my speech. This was gonna be harder than I thought it would be. "Guys, I'm gonna be getting the chance of a lifetime next year to really show my photo skills. I'll be gone for a few months but I have the power to come home as I choose. But this really means the world to me and I want to know that you guys have my back on this. I'm going to be on tour with Linkin Park as their official tour photographer. The tour starts in mid April."

The entire table went completely silent, making me feel like I was going to throw up or faint any second. I was bombarded off guard suddenly by everyone, hugging me and saying how proud they were of me. "I'm so happy for you Tee, you're going to have such an adventure." Jimmy was always super supportive of me no matter what, I loved him beyond words. Johnny and Brian picked me up out of my spot and gave me giant squeezes, Matt swung me around and all the girls congratulated me with high fives and hugs. The only person who refused to give any sort of acknowledgement was the guy who I loved more than anyone, the guy who swore no matter what he would always be there for me when no one else would be. Zacky just stared off into the distance, completely oblivious and ignoring everything and everyone around him. I knew he would react this way, I knew I should have been prepared for this.

But it still hurt me.

(Zacky's POV)

I couldn't believe what had came out of Teegan's mouth a few moments ago. The one thing I was trying to keep her from was already making its way closer to her. Now she was leaving, with him, for months. I couldn't stand the thought of her being alone with him, the thought of her seeing him every single day. I knew they were starting to grow feelings for one another but I didn't want it to become anything besides maybe friends. She was my heart, my everything. I loved Teegan more than words could even say. Now here was this guy she had only really known for a few weeks trying to steal her away from me. My mouth just hung slightly open as I stared off away from everyone. I had nothing to say about it, nothing to say to her. Not in front of everyone at least. She needed to know the truth about him before she decided to leave.

Because whether she liked it or not, she was going to know how I felt about her, about who he really was and if everything worked in my favor, she was going to stay home and be with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew, drama! Thank you to everyone for all the positive feedback, it has been a great help in pushing me forward with this story, I'm so glad you guys are liking it so far! I promise things will keep getting interesting from here, I have no intentions of stopping anytime soon! Thank you all again! I will update again very soon! :)