Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

06

*****

(Teegan's POV)

When I saw Zacky's facial expression after I broke the news I felt like a piece of my world was crushed. I felt bad that I had I guess hurt him in my decision to go but like Val said, it was my choice and it was only going to effect me in the long run. We finished up the BBQ in great vibes all around everyone was truly happy for me and Matt even said that he had talked to Chester and Mike, agreeing that they were actually going to be doing a couple guest appearances during Linkin Park's tour which ultimately made me both happy and scared, simply for the fact that Zacky was being the way he was. But I didn't feel the need to address those concerns at that moment and instead partied with my best of friends for the rest of the evening. It was about two in the morning when Matt and Val drove me home, still congratulating me on the way and promising that we would get together again later on after we eventually went to sleep. I headed inside quietly as to not wake my mom and made my way into my room to change down for bed. I scrolled through my phone, stopping at a picture of Zacky and I from a few weeks ago in Texas. We looked so happy together, almost like if we were actually even a couple. I guess I understood how he felt, honestly. I loved him with every once of my body at one point but when he made the choice to be with Gena, I swore to myself I would never have those feelings anymore.

Tears escaped my eyes and rolled down my face. The two people that my heart wanted was tearing me apart. I was really starting to grow feelings for Chester and I didn't want my old desire for Zacky to interfere with that. But I knew he was always going to be a part of my life always and Chester knew that too. I decided to call him, not really thinking about what time it was or that he could possibly even be asleep. Surprisingly enough he answered on the first ring. "Teegan? Are you okay? What's the matter?" I sniffled quietly to myself wiping my nose on my sleeve. "I told them, their all really happy for me." I felt bad for more then likely waking him up but I just really wanted to hear his voice. He yawned loudly "That's great, see I told you it would be okay. But why are you crying? Did something else happen?" I didn't exactly know how to answer that myself. I wasn't crying because I was sad about going away, I was sad because I loved my best friend and he didn't support me. "I just wish I could see you." I half lied half meant it. I didn't want to tell him about Zack just yet, but I also did want to see him. Something about being with him made everything different.

It was quiet until I heard him breathing softly almost as if he had fallen asleep. ”I can come see you as soon as I finish vocal tracks, three weeks max. If you're willing to wait for me, that is." I wiped the few stray tears that lingered on my cheeks and smiled. A month didn't seem too bad of a wait. "This is happening pretty fast, isn't it?" He laughed softly. "It is, but I'm all up for it." We agreed to figure it out during the months to come and just let nature take its course. If it happened, we would keep it between us until the tour was over. If not, we would still remain great friends. After we had eventually hung up with each other an hour or so later I had finally fallen into a much needed sleep.

By the time I had woken up it was about noon. The sun was high in the sky peeking through my bedroom window. I sat up in bed and blinked a few times before adjusting to the bright light, instantly noticing that there was indeed, someone sitting on my bed. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I snapped at Zacky who just shrugged his shoulders in response. "I wanted to talk to you. And, your mom let me in before she left to work. I figured you'd be up soon so I just thought I'd wait up here." I rubbed my eyes with a yawn, shaking my head. I decided to hear him out at least. "Fine but the moment you even start to lie about anything I don't want to hear it anymore." He nodded. "I know things have been rocky between us lately and I'm honestly sorry, you just don't understand how it feels to be the odd one out not being with someone. You're leaving in a year to go off and pursue your career and trust me, I'm more than happy for you Teegan but I just don't want you to get hurt in the process." I knew he was going to start bringing up Chester at any given moment.

"What are you trying to get at? Why are you so concerned with me spending time with him? Is it because you're insanely jealous? Something you promised me you wouldn't be whenever I found that right person, whether it be you or someone else? Remember that Zee?" I felt my temper thinning out dramatically the longer he sat there and stared at me with a blank look in his eyes. I felt awful for having to come at him so harsh, but it needed to be dealt with. I was tired of him making me feel bad for being happy. "You don't even know him Teegan. You're already committing into something without even knowing the person fully. He's not just any normal guy, he has his demons just like the rest of us. He's done his fair share of drugs and partying, he's tried to kill himself more than once in the last year. That's why he hasn't had a girlfriend for so long, because he is extremely unstable. Now you're suddenly so infatuated with him, you need to know the truth. He's only going to end up hurting you and I don't want to see that. I love you, you know I do. You said no one would come in between us but look, it's already happening!" Zacky practically yelled his entire rant, making tears build up in my eyes.

I didn't want to believe anything he said, especially since I didn't think it was fair that he put Chester's business out in the open so bluntly. I knew that Chester had a dark past, he had mentioned a couple things when we were in LA but I didn't push the subject any further because I respected his boundaries and personal space, knowing full well that it's not something that can easily be brought into conversation with someone you hardly knew. But I also knew he would fully open up to me about things the more we got to know each other and whenever he felt ready to simply because he wasn't the type of person to lie about anything. Now here was my best friend basically shaming someone who considered him a friend as well because of their personal issues.

I stood up from beside Zacky before he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me back down next to him. I pushed away, struggling to break from his hold on me. He gripped on tightly, tears starting to fall from his own eyes. "Let go of me! I'm done with you!" I slapped him, hard across the face. He immediately let go. "I'm sorry, Teegan. You just don't understand how much I love you. How much of a fucking idiot I was for not choosing you in the very beginning." His voice cracked as he spoke, sniffling. I stared at the red mark raising on his cheek, choking back sobs. I never in my life imagined that I would ever be in this type of situation especially with him. I devoted my everything to him and this is how I was repaid. "Zacky, I love you, I have loved you, for twenty five fucking years, to be exact. I've waited my whole life for you but you didn't feel the same. You went for her and got fucked over in the end. Now I can't wait for you any longer, I can't let my feelings for you hold me back anymore. I can't let you love me when its convenient only for you. I'm going on tour with them and if Chester and I develop something along the way then so be it." Every word I said felt like knives being thrown.

I watched as he just stood there silently, tears staining his beautiful face. He ran out of things to finally say. I loved him for so long that it hurt, but now I believed that I deserved the chance to be happy. And Chester was just that, my ticket to happiness. "I just want to hear you say it to me. Not like any regular thing either. I want you to tell me that you love me like you've always wanted to and then I promise I won't stand in your way anymore." His voice was sad and dull, it absolutely broke my heart to be doing this. I stepped closer to him, letting him pull me into his arms in a tight hug. I wanted this for so long but it didn't feel right anymore. I looked up into his eyes, seeing that gorgeous green I came to admire become lifeless.

"I love you, Zacky. I love you so much that I'd die for you in an instant. You're my best friend, you've always been my everything. I'd never trade the time I've gotten to spend with you for anything in this lifetime. I'll always love you, Zack Baker. But this is goodbye."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yes I know I am so sorry! but I honestly wanted to end this on somewhat of a cliffhanger, to get an in depth view of their feelings towards one another. hopefully you all enjoy, there is still so much to come! I always appreciate the feedback and always welcome new ideas! Again thank you to everyone who has stuck with this so far, it means everything to me!
Thank you :)