Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

07

*****

(Teegan's POV)

Days turned into weeks and weeks eventually turned into months, holidays came and went. I hadn't seen or spoken to Zacky in 9 months. Not during Halloween, Thanksgiving, or even Christmas and New Years. Luckily Chester came and spent them all with me but it honestly wasn't the same. Our friendship had seemed to blossom more into a relationship, only to some extent. We snuck the occasional kiss and hand holding whenever we were alone, but nothing ever more than that or out in public just yet. It was all innocent, pure level 1 dating. But the tour was coming closer and closer, tomorrow morning to be exact. I had spent equal amounts of time with the guys and Val, they all knew what had happened between Zack and I, but it still didn't help the fact that I hadn't told Chester exactly everything yet. He asked about him sometimes, and we all played it off as if he was having family problems. I hated having to lie, but it was for the best for now. I was in the midst of packing up another bag of my clothes when a swift knock came to my door. It was Val and from the looks of it, she was not in a good mood.

She hugged onto me tight, sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm going to miss you!" She wailed loudly. I gave her a sad half smile sighing. "Oh Val I'm going to miss you too but it's not forever, I'll be home for Christmas." I tried my best to reassure her, only earning another loud fit of sobs. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought. "It's not the same! I've never had to worry about my girl friend leaving me before! What if you don't come back!" She proceeded to whine and scream rather like a child throwing a tantrum, causing me to grow a semi headache. I really felt bad if this is what Matt had to go through every time he was leaving on tour. "Valary chill out! I promise I'm never leaving you forever, just a few months, I'll call you and text you all the time!" We were starting to sound like we were a couple. She eventually calmed down enough to form actual sentences that I could understand. "I'm sorry, I'm really emotional lately especially since you and Zee aren't speaking anymore and he asks about you all the time and says he misses you and I don't know what to tell him and you and Chester just seem so great together, I don't know about anything anymore." He asked about me? He misses me? No, no Teegan you can't go back. Not after all the things he said, not after the way he treated you.

I vigorously shook my head, throwing my hands up in protest. I didn't want to hear about it at all. She drew in a sharp breath before resting her head in her hands. "I'm sorry Tee, I know it's not fair to do that to you. I'm really happy you and Chester are getting more close. Who knows though, maybe things will come around in the summer. I'm having a goodbye party for you by the way so you better come over tonight." We both wiped the tears that had fallen from our eyes and hugged tightly again, bursting out in laughter. I was very happy to have such great friends like Val but the thought of me and Zacky ever becoming close again was a serious doubt. She finished helping me pack the rest of my belongings into three more suitcases until my room was completely bare and empty. My aunt had made arrangements to come and stay while I was away so my mom wouldn't be left alone and the guys promised to check for me too. I was incredibly excited but extremely nervous too. "I'll see you tonight then." Val smiled as I walked her out front to where Matt was waiting for her. I waved, a smile tugging at my lips. "See you tonight Tee." He yelled as they began to drive off back home. I headed back inside quickly, calling Chester on my way into my room. He and the guys were staying in LA tonight since we would be heading off to Oregon tomorrow morning for our first show tomorrow night. "Hey babe, I was actually about to call you." His voice instantly made me perk up. "Oh really? What's up?" I asked curiously as I attempted to put on eyeliner with the phone pressed against my ear by my shoulder. Chester always had little surprises lined up for me ever since I've met him. It was insanely cute to put it lightly.

"I'm outside." Was all he said as I bolted from the bathroom and out to my front porch to see if it was actually true. Sure enough, there he was with flowers in hand and a huge grin spread across his face. I practically leaped into his arms, holding onto him for dear life. It had only been a month since I had last seen him but it felt like a hell of a lot longer. I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling the scent of his cologne. He rested his head against mine sighing contently. "I missed you." He murmured softly into my ear. I couldn't resist the urge any longer as I looked up at him and pressed my lips to his in a small kiss. "I've missed you too. I couldn't be happier that I'm coming along with you, I'm truly excited." We stood there in the front yard for what felt like hours, just holding each other and saying almost nothing except a few corny jokes here and there. I felt like I was now mostly completed.

(Fast forward to Val's party, still in Teegan's POV)

It was finally around seven when we had gotten to Val's house for my going away party. She and the guys had insisted that I bring him with me, but I was on edge majority of the time regardless of everyone assuring me that Zacky wasn't going to come, because he was the master of surprise most of the time and could actually show up unannounced at any given moment. The guys had all made conversation with Chester while I roamed around talking to all the girls and anyone else who had showed up to wish me well, my anxiety ceasing some as the night progressed without any problems. I was genuinely happy that Chester was enjoying himself with my best friends, laughing and seeming to have a good time. The thought of Zacky had crossed my mind a few times but I desperately tried to shut those thoughts out and just enjoy the last of my time here with my friends. I occasionally made my way over to Chester a few times to make sure that he was okay and that we could leave whenever he was ready. He assured me everything was going fine and to go enjoy myself, so I wandered off to find Val.

My face turned a deathly shade of white and my heart felt like it was going to fall out of my chest as I watched none other then Zacky walk through the front door, a young blonde following beside him. I knew this was going to happen. I hurried as fast as I could through the thick crowd of people before making my way towards where Val was standing with Michelle and Johnny's girlfriend Lacey. "Z-ZZ-ZA-ZACKY IS HERE." I managed to stutter out in between my sharp breaths of air. Her eyes widened in shock as she raced over to Matt who was keeping Chester occupied. He sent me a look of concern but immediately understood when he heard who was here. He and Chester headed in the opposite direction towards the backyard, completely avoiding Zacky."Oh my God, that girl looks like she could be barely 18! Who the hell does he think he is!" Val fumed, shaking her head in disgust as the pair casually walked past us. I turned the other way, not baring to look on any longer.

"I'm going home, Val. I can't take this nor can I stand the thought of us running into each other." She nodded in understanding, a sad look playing on her face. I felt terrible for having to leave especially when I wasn't going to be around for so long but this was one situation that needed to be avoided all together. We walked out to the backyard where Matt, Brian,Chester and Jimmy were in the middle of a conversation when it suddenly fell silent. "I'm not feeling too well guys, I think I'm gonna call it a night. I'm really sorry, can we go?" I motioned over to Chester who agreed without any hesitation. "I'll see you all in the morning before I go. Goodnight guys." I said to everyone who all said their mumbled goodbyes as we headed back in to the house to leave. I tried my best to keep an eye out for Zacky as we neared the front door, only to be cut off in the process.

"Leaving so soon?" My eyes met with Zacky's bloodshot ones. He looked horrible, a complete shell of what he used to be. I stiffened up immensely, feeling Chester grab onto my hand tightly. "Yeah we are, sorry." Surprisingly Zacky moved out of the way but not before making his feelings publicly known to every one within ear shot."You know, she used to love me like that too. She was crazy about me, I couldn't keep her off of me if I tried. Remember Teegan? You used to cry and beg me to love you. Too bad you were too easy, it probably would have meant something." My blood began to boil as Zacky spewed lies about me venomously. I in fact was still a virgin, and he knew the trauma I had gone through as a teen. To see him say those words out loud and to a person I was falling for made me question if I ever mattered to him at all. Chester stepped in, pulling me beside him. He narrowed his eyes at Zacky with a disgusted look on his face. He clentched his hand in a tight fist, inching closer towards him. "We're leaving, now. Get out of the way Zack. Unless you need more of a physical reason to move." I had never seen this look in his eyes before, it almost scared me. Without another word Zacky turned on his heels, shoving past me as he walked away.

When we finally got on the road back to my house it was painfully quiet. I knew this was going to happen, I just knew it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he didn't want me around anymore, seeing as I came with so much extra baggage that could make anyone want to run. And when we pulled into my driveway, Chester still hadn't said a thing, making my heart sink. As I undid my seatbelt to get out, he suddenly grabbed onto my hand. "I won't ask any questions, I won't push any subject. But we obviously need to talk. I will always be willing to listen, Teegan. Whenever you're ready for it." The way his voice sounded made me feel slightly upset, it was so low and sad sounding I instantly felt terrible. "I promise I will explain everything there is. I'm so sorry about all this." Tears somehow managed to slip out and roll down my cheeks. Chester wiped them away with his thumb and proceeded to kiss my face.

"Don't ever apologize, he was straight out disrespecting you in front of everyone and you didn't deserve that. No one, especially someone whose claimed to be your best friend for years, should ever say that to you. I wasn't just gonna stand there and let that happen. Now come on you have a big morning ahead of you, you need your sleep." I exhaled a deep, shaky breath but nodded. I only wished this day could have ended on a better note.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its taken me a few days to update everyone, internet hasn't been available lately but I promise Im back now and I will be updating more frequent, I actually may have another update by tomorrow! As always thank you everyone for everything, feedback is greatly needed/appreciated! I love you all! Hope you enjoy!