Sequel: Angels
Status: try to update as much as possible

My Angel in Disguise

09

*****
(Teegan's POV)

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain splashing against the window, noticing Chester wasn't beside me anymore. I glanced at the clock seeing it was only six in the morning and decided to see where he had ran off to. I fumbled around in my bag to get my phone before making my way out to the front of the bus. No Chester here. I looked out the window to see exactly where we were, eventually figuring out we were outside the venue the guys are playing tonight. As I was about to head out the door to see if he had gone to the venue, I heard muffled sounds almost like sobs coming from inside the bathroom. I leaned in closer, pressing my ear gently against the door. It was Chester, he was crying. I remembered what he told me about having his days from our talk yesterday but it somewhat hurt me that it was happening now. I knocked lightly, barely enough for anyone to hear. "Babe." I asked, hoping to get a reply. Suddenly the door opened a crack, a hand reaching out. I grabbed onto it tightly, making my way carefully inside. He was sitting on the edge of the toilet with his head looking down at the floor. There was some blood scattered across the sink, instantly making me look to where it came from. His knuckles were bruised and bloody as if he had punched the wall. I knelt down in front of him before pulling him into my arms tightly. He cried and cried into my chest, only stopping every so often to take a deep breath. I held him for what felt like hours when he finally looked at me, his eyes red and puffy. "I'm sorry." He finally said.

I shook my head violently "Please don't be sorry, I just want to be there for you. Whats wrong?" When Chester had said he loved me, I didn't hesitate in saying it back to him. I truly felt that strongly for him and I wanted him to know that. "I love you, Chester. I'm here whenever you want to talk to me." I was trying my best to reassure him but it didn't seem to be working. I got up from off the floor, slowly letting his hand go before making my way back to the lounge area. Mike, Brad and Joe had heard the whole thing. "He okay?" They asked with a concerned tone. I nodded, not knowing what else to say. "I'll keep on eye on him til show time guys, promise." They all gave me light hugs before heading out to inspect the venue. I sat down on the empty sofa, Chester shortly after coming out curled himself up in my lap. I rubbed my fingers softly over his head while he laid there with his eyes shut. "After you said you loved me back, it scared me. I haven't been able to love anyone for so long, I'm just afraid that you might leave." I felt a lump catch in my throat and a sudden sadness take over. I couldn't believe he thought I would leave him, I would never abandon him especially because of his illness. When I didn't immediately respond he peered up at me with one eye while the other remained closed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I bent down and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Chester, I swear to God I will never leave you. I love you, I've fallen in love with you. I will always be there for you, good and bad." He sat up, instantly attacking my lips in sloppy wet kisses.

We made our way back to the bunks and ended up in bed, still kissing and holding each other as we laid there. Moments of intensity rose up a few times but Chester settled down quickly, promising he would never go farther than I wanted him to. I admired his respect for me, but deep down a part of me wanted him to take me right then and there.

(Zacky's POV)

It had been a week since I had last seen Teegan. I felt like a complete piece of shit after realizing what I had done that night at Val's house. I didn't even remember going there much less making a fool out of myself. I guess it could have been the entire bottle of Jack Daniels I had drank or the couple lines of coke. I guess it explained why Matt wanted to beat the shit out of me the other night at the band meeting. Either way, I felt horrible for the things that I had said. I never wanted to hurt her like that, ever. I looked over at my dresser, a picture of all of us together at the beach some years ago. She looked so beautiful, so happy, I missed that girl more than anything in this world. I only wished there was a way to make things right again. I know she's happy out there, I know he's making sure she's taken care of. I know he loves her.

I grabbed my phone from beside me, scrolling through my contacts until I reached her name. I decided to send her a text, it was a step at least. She needed to know that I was truly sorry and so did he. He deserved her, he was a really great guy despite the things he's been through. I had no right to try and tear them apart no matter how much I love her. I sent a simple 'hey', hoping that I would get a reply even though I knew she was probably insanely busy. My heart started to beat hardly in my chest as I felt my phone vibrate. She replied. "Unless you have something useful to say, I don't ever want to speak to you until you're dead." Ouch, not exactly what I was going for but I'm pretty sure I deserved that.

I called her, seeing as it was my only opportunity to really express myself clearly instead of through texting. I only hoped that I would be able to get my points across without having any sort of issue. Here goes nothing.

(Teegan's POV)

When I noticed Zacky's name flash across my screen, I carefully slid myself from underneath Chester's arms and quietly tiptoed out to the front. Seeing no one else around, I snuck outside and walked a few good feet away before answering. "I have to be ready in an hour so I suggest you either speak up now or again, as I said, leave me alone." I spat coldy as I leaned against a lone light pole. "I am really sorry, about what I said, what I did, everything. I have no excuse besides I was extremely fucked up and don't even remember going there. Then again, there really is no excuse for the way I've been acting. I fucked up Teegan, I truly fucking never meant any of the shit I said, I just felt scared. I mean sure I'm a bit jealous, but I'm more scared then anything. I made the mistake of letting Gena come between us and I just want to spend time with you like we used to. I know he loves you, there's no doubt in my mind. But I'm scared of losing you Teegan. It's my fault for not making you mine when I had the chance but honestly, I know you deserve to be happy and if he can do that then I'm all for it. I owe him an apology too, but I figured I'd do it when I see you guys in a couple months." Tears had long since poured down my face as I sobbed quietly, trying not to bring any attention to myself.

"That's all I wanted, Zacky. I love you, I will always love you. No one will come between us. But yes, he does love me and I'm not going to lie to you, I love him too. He's done nothing but showed me the different ways of looking at life. Yes, he is troubled, but he hasn't hidden anything from me and I've been there for him. Now I have to go, Zee. I will talk to you soon. I love you." My voice cracked at that last bit as I sniffled and continued to cry. "I love you, Teegan." Was all I could comprehend before hanging up the phone. I tried my best to compose myself and make it seem less obvious that I had just had a mini breakdown as I walked back to the bus. I did my best to sneak back into the bunk beside Chester but failed in the end as he smiled down at me just as I was climbing up. "I just wanted to see if the rain had finally stopped, also it's an hour for show time babe." I explained quickly hoping he wouldn't ask any questions. He put his hand to my face and stroked it gently, furrowing his eyebrows. "You've been crying, are you okay?" I froze slightly but turned it around fast "I was worried about you, I got scared you wouldn't want to preform." Knots twisted in my stomach as partially I lied to him, I didn't want to tell him about Zacky because I knew he had enough to deal with already.

He scooted over as I laid back down next to him, immediately wrapping me in his embrace. "I'm sorry I scared you baby, I feel better though thank you for being there with me. But I have a surprise for you, you'll love it." He kissed me, his voice sounding way more upbeat than the last time he talked. "I can't wait."

(Chester's POV)

When showtime finally came around I was feeling better than I was this morning when Teegan had found me in the bathroom. She was a really great girl and I was more then happy she wanted to be with me no matter how I was feeling or acting. I was truly grateful that I had the chance to meet her. I still felt bad that she had been put down by her so called best friend simply because she had feelings for someone else, but I promised her that I would do everything in my power to keep her happy. I had planned to bring her out on stage to introduce a song I hadn't preformed live before, it really hit home for me when I had wrote it, especially since I met her not much longer after the album had came out. She was definitely that piece that I had been missing for quite somew time.

As I watched her down in the front of the stage, her eyes gazing up at me each time she took a picture I couldn't help but to grin wide. She looked incredibly beautiful. I gave the guys a small gesture, the crowd growing anxious as I looked to Mike who agreed he was ready. I walked out to the front of the stage pointing down to Teegan as she stared at me slightly confused, her eyes only growing wider once she realized what I was exactly doing. With the help from a security guard we hoisted her up until she was standing right beside me looking like a deer caught in lights. "What.Are.You.Doing?!" She said as she gritted her teeth, clearly nervous. I grabbed her hand and lead her to an empty chair in the center, fans cheered and screamed as I kissed her hand. "So this next song is a little different. It's a track off our new album and I'd like to dedicate it to someome very special here with me tonight. What do you guys think?" An uproar of cheers and applause filled the air as we started to play 'Leave Out All The Rest'.

I held tightly onto her hand as I sang the entire song, pouring my heart out to her. I watched as the tears ran down, a smile still lingering on her face. She was dsfinitely surprised. When I had finished, I knelt in front of her, giving her a long kiss on the lips. The guys cheered and the fans went equally as crazy, giving their approval. "I love you." I whispered as she wiped away the tears that continued to fall.

(Teegan's POV)

I renturned to my spot in the front, still in disbelief at what just happened, I took as many more pictures as my shaky hands would let me. I knew deep down in my heart that this was going to work out, that we were going to be together for as long as fate allowed it to. And to top it all off, I had my best friend back. It truly seemed that life was only going to get better from here on out. As the show was coming to an end I sent a quick text to Val.

"I'm in love with him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, feelings! I finally did a POV for Chester which I will be doing more often now as the story progresses! Thank you agains to those have stuck through this with me, I appreciate and love you all! Feedback and comments are always welcomed, enjoy!