Status: Im trying. Feedback is always welcome.

Darkness.

One.

It was another normal day at the bar, I was in by five O'clock being greeted by the poor men seated at the bar, most had already started drinking while others were just starting to come in for their drinks.It wasnt a big bar, a nice decent size bar with booths lined against the far wall, a few standing tables with chairs, so you could either sit or stand; your choice. A pool table to the back of the bar right before the rest rooms, Painting lined the walls of the little bar, a music box near the pool table allowing people to pick and choose what they wanted to listen to. A few windows allowed people to see in and also for us to see outside, sometimes it was rather soothing just staring off out of the window.

Today my hair was up in a messy bun, I had shorts that came just below my ass with a few strands hanging from them, my shirt met my the top of my belt allowing it to rise slightly when I had to reach something, to finish off the outfit, I wore black boots that went just above my ankles, allowing the men to see my legs and drool. It never bothered me when they stared, I took it as a compliment.

The bar smelt like its usual, cigars, alcohol and cigarettes, Sometimes the stench of a musty cologne will hit the air but that wasnt to often.

"A beer please." The old man who came every night placed a five dollar bill on the bar and glanced in my direction.

"Why do you always come here?" I asked as I popped open the beer and handed it to him, he was a man who was at least eighty years old. He must have an old lady at home worried sick about him, and yet every night he was here until nine at night.

He glanced in my direction once more before placing the top of the beer to his lips and slightly tilting his head back taking a swig, a satisfied sigh left his lips as he placed the bottle down.

"Why does a woman like you work at a place like this, filled with fools, drunks and the devil." Tilting my head slightly I took in his last part, the devil; must have been a meaning for something.

Before I could answer the door opened getting my attention, in walked the same man that had been coming here for the past three years. A young man with a strong jaw, short jet black hair with stern blue eyes, his skin a nice fair color and his body was nothing but muscle. It was when he entered that everything would change in the bar, the atmosphere would become rigid, the air seemed to get thicker and people seemed nervous. He would always sit in the last booth farthest from people, a few would sit with him as if it were there own little gang.

Today he wore something a little bit more casual, baggy jeans with a blue tight muscle shirt, usually he would wear a leather jacket or at least carry one with him. But today he was casual, how ever that didnt stop him from mentioning me over from the bar.

I looked over at my coworker.

"I'll be right back, princess over there wants his order." She let off a smile and soft chuckle as I walked out from behind the bar and over to the booth.

I chewed on my lower lip as I stood waiting for someone to realize my presence, it felt like forever until he finally looked up at me. Every time he would look up at me all the hairs on my body would stain on edge, there was something about him that was so off and yet he didn't scare me one bit.

"Getting your usual today?"

his tongue traced his top and bottom lip as he gave me a good once over and I could have sworn I saw not just lust in his eye but anger, anger that I was wear shorts just below my ass cheeks. His lower jaw moved as he looked at my shorts, its like the reels in his brain were turning but nothing was being said.

"I don't want to see you in this bar with those things on again." His eyes were now on mine and rage filled my body, Who did this man think he was?

"Excuse you?" My hand rested on my hip as I leaned on me left side, eyes narrowed and nostrils flared. "You don't get to come in here and tell me what I can and cannot wear to work." I stood straight this time, hands at my sides. A look of shook painted his face as I stared down at him, the two men seated across from him immediately looked paler then before as if what I said was the end of the world.

His nostrils flared as he took a deep breathe in and slowly let it out, his hand clenching into a fist and then slowly expanding.

"So, would you like your usual today or would you like to bitch at me some more about what I wear to work as if I'm not a grown ass woman?"

He cleared his throat..

"After all these years, I'm still not used to your sass, it still pisses me off." His vice was gruff and honestly extremely sexy every time he speaks. "I'll have my usual and Sage,don't ever speak to me like that again."

Rolling my eyes, I turned and made my way back to the bar where my coworker waited patiently.

"Sage, I really think he likes you." I shook my head, there was no way that man could like me. "He is oddly protective over you, always makes sure that no one messes with you here and if they do, he handles it when your not looking. On top of that, when your not here he has his little goons buy all the drinks. I haven't even spoken to him before."

I poured the beer into the tall glass and shrugged, "That doesnt mean anything, he's rude and mean. Plus he creeps me out with the way he acts with me. Three years and he hasn't tried to ask me on a date or anything, that man does not like me."

"If you say so Sage, I think that man is in love with you."

Shaking my head, with a huff I made my way back over to where he was seated. This time a woman around my age was standing in front of him talking about something but soon went silent as I made my way closer and placing the drink on the table. His eyes never left me, even as I walked away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is welcome.