Status: This story features very disturbing content including stalking, abuse, suicide, bullying, ***, and lgbt themes! Tread carefully!

Behind Rainbow Eyes

Chapter 1

“Home sweet home!” “There’s nothing sweet about it. It all sucks.” “Don’t be such a downer Zaney!” “Quit calling me that damn it!”

“Alright you two knock it off. I’d like to have some peace and quiet for the whole flight if you don’t mind?”

Enter me, Emerson Reynolds and my two best friends Conner Anderson and Zane Pierce. We went to California for Comic-Con and had an absolute, fucking blast! We even met a few voice actors and celebrities while we were there and have the pictures and autographs to prove it! But that’s for another time.

While I was boarding the plane, I noticed a girl sitting by one of the windows in the back. She was listening to music on her phone and was very occupied on her 3DS. If only my romantic situation wasn’t so complicated. She looks more like Zane’s type anyways. But there’s no law against talking to her right?

I quickly approached the seat and gently tapped her seat, the result being her jumping a bit and removing her headphones. “Excuse me miss. But is anyone sitting here?” The mystery girl looked up at me, her eyes a bit wide with shock but at the same time I could also tell that she was a bit annoyed. “Be my guest.” Her tone was exactly the way Zane would sound. Uninterested and giving zero fucks.

I eagerly sat down next to her and noticed that she was playing Mario Kart 7 on her 3DS. Nice! “So what’s your name and what brings you to Colorado? Mine is Emerson and I’m going back home with my friends Conner and Zane who are sitting over there.” They were sitting across from us and Zane looked like he wanted to slap the taste out of Conner’s mouth because he was messing with him so much.

“Name’s Rebecca. People call me Recca or Revy.” “Anime references I see. What brings you to Colorado?” “Moving there with my dad and stepmom. Starting a new life basically.” “Sounds great. My friends and I went to Comic-Con and we’re returning home. Since we’re hopefully the same age, maybe we’ll be going to the same high school? Where exactly are you moving to in Colorado?”

“Colorado Springs.” “We live in Colorado Springs!” Conner’s sudden yell made both of us jump in surprise and Zane smacked him on the back of the head. “Yell out our Social Security numbers while you’re at it dumbass!” “What high school are you going to and what grade are you in?” Geez Conner could you get any more fucking ruder?!

“Doherty High School and I’m gonna be a senior this year.” Before Conner could speak, I quickly interrupted. “So are we! Looks like we’ll be seeing each other around often then.” I flashed Recca one of my award-winning smiles which she returned with a blank stare. “Finally someone who doesn’t fall for your sleazy charms. I like her already.” Zane had a smirk on his face while he laughed at my embarrassment.

The flight went by pretty quickly and before we knew it, we had arrived at the Colorado Springs Airport. “Hey beautiful is it okay if we give you our numbers? Since we’ll be in the same city and all.” “Stop your stupid flirting. You’re taken remember?” Why must you ruin my fun Zane?

After we exchanged numbers with Recca, we got our luggage and went our separate ways. Since I was the only one out of the three of us with a vehicle and driver’s license, I was pretty much the one who got everyone back and forth. Not that I minded. Conner and Zane put their luggage in the trunk while I put mine in the backseat. My parents bought me a Mercedes Benz for my 16th birthday after I got my license.

“Ready to go home guys?” “No.” I wasn’t surprised considering that Conner and Zane didn’t have very good home lives. Why was that you may ask? You’ll have to wait and find out. It’s not gonna be pretty though. Hell even I have some problems I’m going through. But once we graduate, it’ll all be over.