‹ Prequel: Monster

The Last Sunrise

The Change.

"If I were Billy, where would I be?" Devan says to himself.

"Shut the hell up! We've got to find him and save him! He could have been kidnapped and tortured by some sick, sadistic people." I yell.

"How many sick and sadistic people do you know?"

"Uhm, I have to think." My mind races, thinking of sadistic people I know. I know many. Some Devan doesn't even know about. Hmm, who's the last sadistic person I met? "Son of a bitch!" I yell, catching Devan off guard and making him jump.

"What?" He asks.

"We've got to find Vince." I say and run out the door.

"Please, don't hurt me! I'm human! It was Alex's last gift to me and I want to keep it!" I beg, trying to keep Vince away from me.

"Alex's last gift?" Vince asks. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I thought you knew." I said.

"Knew what? What are you talking about?"

"Tell me how you became a vampire and I'll tell you what happened." I say.

"You bit me, you idiot. Remember when I kidnapped the two of you? I tried to kill you but the bastards I hired were too stupid! So I decide to take care of you myself. Now what happened?"

"Alex, he... He sacraficed his life to save mine." I remember that day clearly, as if it just happened yesterday. The blood, the pain, the tears, the love.

"So he's...dead?" Vince asks.

"Yeah, for me. My selfish self. I miss him."

"Shut up! I'll just have to kill you now!"

"No!"

"What in the hell do you think you are?" A voice interrupts. It sounds like Jared. I look over and it is Jared.

"Jared! Devan! I love you guys!" I yell. I'm so happy to see them.

"Kyle! Get them!" Vince yells and one of his guys runs up behind them and grabs them and drags them away.

"Oh my, God, Vince! Just leave us alone! Alex is DEAD. Just get over it." I say.

"You get over three years of dating!" Vince yells.

"Vince, time doesn't mean anything. How much you bond means everything. Sure you dated him for three years and I dated him for a few months but we bonded so much, it was as if we really did date longer. I know exactly how you feel. And if you untie me, I can help you." I try to get into his head so he'll let me loose. His hands get closer to the ropes tied around me but they change course and smack my right in my face.

"You think I'll believe that? Ha! You're just as stupid as those two guys that just walked in!" He yells and starts walking toward the door. "I'm going to check on those guys. I'll be right back."

I sit there in the dark fiddling with the ropes, trying to untie myself out. I hear someone walk by me but I don't see anything. I look around me and still see nothing. Nothing but darkness. What the hell?

"Hello?" I ask them. I hear nothing in return. "I know someone's there. Show yourself!" I command but still no sign.

But then I feel someone's cold hands touch mine.

"Who's there?" I demand but get nothing.

The cold hands run up my arms and to my neck. I am deathly scared right now.

"You're going to need this to survive." The person whispers and I feel my head get forced to one side and something poke my neck open. I scream out in pain and fear as I feel somthing warm be released into my veins. They pull away and I feel the cold hands release.

"What the hell are you?" I yell, hoping for an answer.

"Shh, don't worry. You'll feel better soon. You'll thank me later on." They wisper and somehow disappear.

What a freak. I think to myself and it hits me, right square in the face; like a baseball bat to my dumbass brain. THAT WAS ALEX!