Status: Ongoing.

Finding an Edge

In 2006, Figure Skater Olivia Newman shocked the world by taking home Gold at only 15 years old. Now, she is four years older and all of Canada is expecting her to successfully defend her Olympic title. Only this time, she's on home ice.

With the pressure mounting, she arrives in Vancouver focused and ready to compete. What she wasn't counting on was a hockey player sized distraction to make her begin to question all of the things she's sacrificed in favour of skating over the years. Including a romantic relationship that's capable of surviving her rigorous training schedule.

But Sid is unlike anyone she's ever met. For the first time in her life, Olivia finds a true kindred spirit. Someone who understands what it takes to be the very best their sport has to offer and all of the stress that comes with it.

But is she ready to make that kind of commitment? As one of the top players in the NHL, Sid is firmly attached to his Pittsburgh based franchise. And being with him would mean leaving behind her friends, her coach, her family, and not to mention her precious hometown of Toronto.

Nevermind that she still has an Olympic medal to win. What's a nineteen year old girl to do?