Little Silver Book.

Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

The puck was seen flying across the rink after it had been shot from Grin as it soon came in for a landing heading straight towards Mallory who caught it with ease as she raced her way towards the net where Wildwing, with the mask on his face, paid full attention soon seeing the black object coming forth. With great reflexes, he soon caught it in the palm of his hands thus taking off the Goalie mask smiling at the rest of the team.

Nosedive sat at the stands looking glum. He could understand that he was still grounded but not being allowed to play hockey with his friends was definitely way out of line! if he was told to clean the rink from yesterday, then why wasn't he asked to play? it didn't make any sense at all. After all, he did all of the hard and heavy work, couldn't Wing give him a break just once? He was so busy sulking, that he didn't even pay attention to when the fiery red headed female duck came to sit next to him getting her water bottle and taking a swig.

"Day 2 of your punishment short stuff? my, you really have it bad." She snickered while he just gave her an eye roll making a mental note that he had a prank in the making just for her later on.

"Hardy har har, so what? it's not my fault that I enjoy hanging out with others besides you guys, and because I was late, Wing had a cow over it. At least I know how to have real fun instead of taking and wasting time singing karaoke any night." He smirked causing her to look at him in confusion.

"Dare I ask, but what in the world are you talking about? what do you mean by karaoke?" Now it was the blonde duck's turn to snicker as he inched her to come closer after seeing the remaining members still on the ice discussing about hockey strategies.

"You won't believe this after I dish it out on ya, but I read one of the entries in his journal yesterday while he was out and I just found out. Plus, he even has the voice of a screeching cat whenever he tries to belt out a tune; it was so hilarious. I always told him that he had a terrible voice." Mal blinked twice trying to process the sudden information about her leader soon getting a mental image in her head as she too started to giggle. She knew it was wrong for Dive to peek inside his brother's innermost secret, but she just couldn't help herself as they both got into full on laughter.

"What are you two laughing about?" They quickly stopped seeing the captain and the rest make their way towards them to head out as they both shook their heads in unison only laughing about a joke that they had heard which was somewhat unusual for Mal for she rarely laughed especially when his baby brother was trying to get her to laugh or even chuckle with one of his poorly made jokes or his never-ending pranks on her. But he shrugged that thought out his head and went ahead about to get a soda, when the alarm of Drake 1 sounded off.

"Trouble. Let's rock Ducks! and Dive," The younger held out his hand.

"I know bro I know, I'm still on lockdown. But don't worry, I'll just entertain myself with more reading material." Giving a thumbs up and a wink, he soon left to go back into their shared room to get the journal once again as he skimmed through more pages to see what other interesting facts he could read.

Thursday, June 24, 2002.

Dear Journal,

After that lemon meringue pie I had last night that one of our fans brought for us, my tongue felt very strange and heavy this morning. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Tanya had called Dr. Katherine Eisenhower to come check me out. Have I ever told you that I am terrified of doctors? Well, let me tell you that Dr. Eisenhower was really trying to calm me down-by sticking a sedative in my arm which really had me horrified! I tried fighting her off, but Grin had to hold me nice and tight in order for her to do her job.

Turns out, that I'm allergic to anything that is citrus, can you believe that!? which means, I can't even drink orange juice anymore which sucks! And I thought Dive was the whiny one. Ugh... doesn't anyone know that I need to have my vitamin C in the mornings? now I have to see what is there for me to eat.

Dive grew surprised, he had no idea that Wing was allergic to citrus fruits. Maybe that was one of the reasons why he would have rather taken an apple or banana before it would be one of the ducks' turns to make breakfast in the mornings. But it was funny to read that he had gotten pinned down by Grin in order for the doctor to sedate them. Now that was ideal blackmail. And that gave him a pretty good idea indeed. Getting his com, he soon contacted Thrash and Mookie who were on their lunch break at the moment to find out from them if he could get some oranges for the gang were out fighting off Lizard Lips and wanted to make them something extra special.

It was going to be classic.

The metallic doors swung open revealing to be the two teens with bags full of oranges and lemons. Nosedive eagerly took them setting them in the kitchen as Mook asked what he needed them for as she saw her feathered friend starting to work his magic. He may not be able to cook, but he was damn good at baking any type of dessert he could think of to calm his sweet tooth down.

"Once they get back from crime-fighting, they will have a delicious snack just ready and waiting to be eaten. Duke taught me on how to make lemon flavored sugar cookies from a few months ago plus, I also want to try my hand at making orange smoothies." He explained.

"But if they're out fighting Dragaunus and his goons, why do you have to stay behind anyway?" Thrash asked as the blonde mallard sighed.

"I've been grounded for coming in too late from the other night thanks to over-protective big bro. So, I'm even banned from going out for the rest of this week and next week. Heck, I'm not even allowed to play hockey, and they know they would never win without me."

"Ouch, that sucks. So what have you been doing to pass the time?" The purple mohawked girl asked seeing that he had a little grin plastered on his face as he used his index finger to bring them in a little closer.

"You both are not going to believe this, but Wing has been holding out on me. He has a journal and let's just say, that I have been keeping myself very entertained. I just found out that he's allergic to citrus fruits, and loves karaoke." Both punk teens were surprised to hear the news being spilt, who ever thought that the ducks' team captain/leader loved karaoke as much as the next person? now that was something good to hear as they both snickered.

"So I believe that you're also making snacks for when they get back, you can give some to him?" The brunette male asked seeing the male duck chuckle and winked.

"Hey, nothing is too good for my bro."

"But that also means, you're also going to make him allergic by giving him one?" Mook asked in disbelief imagining what the white Mallard would look like if his tongue swelled up and couldn't talk. "Nosedive, call me crazy, but is this your own way of getting revenge?"

The teen looked down blushing slightly, but as he was about to answer, his com beeped signaling the Aerowing about to come through. Telling his friends to leave through the backdoor to not get caught, he hurried up putting both fruits away for the rest of the ducks to grow suspicious as the cookies were now fully baked fresh out of the oven and the smoothies were chilling in the fridge.

The 5 heroes soon revealed themselves looking pretty tired from the long battle but were at ease once again that they had won once more. Dive soon came out holding a large tray full of cookies and drinks as they each got one or two of the baked good followed by their own refreshment. Wing politely declined, but the younger one insisted on giving it to him (due to the puppy dog pout expression whenever he wanted to get his own way). And not wanting to make his little bro feel bad, he then gave in taking a glass and taking small sips not paying attention to Dive's snickering.

Suddenly, his tongue started to feel a little funny followed by his throat feeling like it was starting to close in on him as he set the drink down running down the hallway to take his allergy medication. The rest minus the young drake grew instantly worried especially Duke; after Grin had told him that their leader was allergic to anything that was acidic, he made sure that the captain didn't forget to take his penicillin as he quickly got up to go check up on him.

In the kitchen, Nosedive was laughing up a storm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy Chapter 5 :)