Teenage Hybrids

Chapter 1

The wood felt so useless and weak under my powerful axe, I didn't even realise I was through the log until I seen the mud splash up in the air. The anger was leaving every time I hit into the useless piece of wood but came back any time the axe left the feeble dent in the log. The wet rain splashed over my head battering over everything in sight. I could hear the people from the party laughing and the music playing so loud I couldn't hear the axe hit the wood. I pulled the axe from the wood and began walking back through the woods to my car. Luna crescent was a good place to live if you liked the woods and mountains. The music was becoming quieter, I could hear footsteps coming behind me. I stopped and so did the footsteps. I began to walk again my heart began racing as the footsteps became louder. I really wished it would stop raining so I could hear more clearly. I could no longer hear the music from the party, I could see my car in the distance. I began to walk faster and faster my heart beating so hard against my chest I thought it was going to rip through my cold soggy skin. I began to run and so did the footsteps behind me. Now there were more than one per of footsteps. I was so close to my car I could smell the gas that lingered from when I first arrived. There was a scream and the footsteps behind me stopped. I swung the axe behind me and it hit into a nearby tree. I looked around and all I could see was the unlit area around my car. I pulled the axe from the tree and ran towards my car, the footsteps started again this time they were closer they were running. I turned around and swung my axe again this time it didn't hit a tree it hit something soft the axe fell to the ground still stuck in what it hit. I looked down at what I hit but could only see a shape in the dark. I squinted into the black only seeing a murky outline of a man or some sort animal. I ran over to my car, got in and turned the key. Music blasted through the speakers and I banged the radio hoping that I hit the off button. I turned the car around to face the wood , turning on the head lights so I could see clearly. There was someone standing there the axe was on the ground and there was  blood pouring out of his head. He picked up the axe and began walking towards me. He had more hair on his face than anyone I had ever seen before. I turned the car around and drove as fast as I could away from the woods. Besides my head lights my only other source of light was the full moon overhead in the now clear sky. I hadn't even noticed it had stopped raining. I could see the man walking slowly after the car, he was getting further and further away getting smaller till I couldn't see him any more. What was that? How could he still be alive ? I hit him with an axe on the head. There was blood dripping from him. I tried to think of a reasonable explanation to how he could have just got up with an axe in him. There was no explanation it wasn't possible I seen the blood, no one could have survived that. I looked around for my mobile on the passenger seat trying not to take my eyes off of the road. I looked away for a moment found my mobile and looked back up to find the man with the axe in hand standing in front of my car. He was only a couple of feet away from me. I stopped the car and closed my eyes for a second hoping I was just seeing things. When I opened my eyes he was still there, there was no blood on him. He began walking towards the car, and I started it back up and with the purr of the engine I drove straight at him. The car hit him and he went straight over the top. The axe flew out of his hand and across the road hitting the roof of the car, missed my head by a few centimetres. I stopped the car and looked behind me he was on the ground motionless. Phew. I faced the front of the car, took a deep breath out and got ready to drive. I took one last look behind and he was gone. I looked around in a panic so much was running through my head and he was nowhere to be seen I could only see dark emptiness. I began to drive as fast as I could home. All I could think about was how I was going to die either by the man animal or from crashing my car. I have never drove this fast before 60mph on a 30mph road. I was so angry with my mum before I left the house she is going to think I died hating her.