Legends

Legends

He stood there in silence, gaze trained on a figure in the distance. A crease etched its way into his forehead as he tried to get a clear view of the golden form ahead, sitting upon the hilltop. Clouds obscured the sky above, the moon hardly visible in the night, it's light offering no assistance.

"Your journey has not ended, Hero. Many trials await you in the distant future. You must be ready for them, Link!" The voice was powerful, seeming to echo throughout the valley, causing Link's hair to stand beneath his tunic. The figure moved just as moonlight broke through the clouds and Link could see a golden wolf, glowing in a brilliant light that reminded the young hero of the sacred relic he had fought to keep from enemy hands what seemed so long ago.

The scenery began to go dark, fading slowly around him. Before it disappeared completely, the voice echoed a final time as the figure began to vanish, staring straight at him, "Let the teachings of old pass to you. Take sword in hand and find me..." With a start, Link's eyes flew open, his breathing labored. In his arms, the beautiful Zelda lay curled against his chest, snoring softly. The bed beneath them was soft and the room around them warm. But he couldn't shake the awful feeling that plagued him as the remaining tendrils of the dream slipped away.

Inching closer in her slumber, the blonde haired girl smiled softly as she whispered "My hero" before her snores returned once more. Lips curling upward, Link smiled down at his princess and closed his eyes as sleep reclaimed him, knowing that the trials were over at long last. He fell into a dream of the two living happily ever after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a small little fiction where Link can live happily, even though he is haunted by his past.