Valor

Prologue

She sat against the damp wall of the cave, the scent of rain mingling with earth tickled her nose. It was a steady pour outside, like that of a flowing river, as rain pummeled the ground and drowned the sounds of the evening world. It had seemed to come out of nowhere, slipping through the thick expanse of treetops that made up the Revier Forest. Even if Jurix had been merciful enough to allow her to find a cave, her dry fortune was running out as the damp cloth of her gown rubbed against her raw skin.

Why had she thought to come to this haunted forest on such a pointless mission? Hadn’t she already known before leaving her grandmother behind that she wasn’t right for this? What did it matter if they claimed she was the princess? She sat there now, alone, because she couldn’t even obey the simplest of commands given to her by the head knight for her own safety. What hope could she have to follow orders of the Royal Council?

Aleida released a sigh that neared a sob as she pulled her knees closer to her body and linked her arms through them in an attempt to stay warm. Long, red welts covered her skin from the battle she had with the branches and bushes of the cursed forest. She closed her eyes as she rested her head on her legs, not noticing the figure clad in black enter the cave with a flash of silver at their side…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! This story is my baby. Give me honest comments. Can't wait to hear what ya think!
~Koda