Status: Infrequent updates!

'F' Is for Forbidden

3. Douse

Nora came round after dinner to bathe by the pool. Despite my protests, she insisted as such, even though I was going to use the time to study. She called it boring and dragged me out the back door. It was fortunate that Dellos was already there, swimming laps.

"Oh, looks like I have my entertainment sorted out already." Nora giggled, stripping down to her lavender bikini. It embraced her figure perfectly, stopping and starting in all the right places, highlighting her soft milky skin, giving her a somewhat translucent glow.

Dellos's head popped out from beneath the waters's surface, as he shook droplets from his floppy dark tendrils.

"Good evening, Nora. It's great to see you again." His tone was courteous, genuine as ever. That's another thing I adored about my brother: no matter how big or small you were, he always made you feel like you mattered.

"You too. Taking a break from being a big shot, are we?"

I rolled my eyes as I turned my back on them, heading to my room to grab my bathing suit.

Nora was so obvious it was cringeworthy. Of course, I'd known for quite some time that she liked him and I agreed mentally that they'd make a great couple – if he wasn't four years our senior.

If they ever agreed to date... ugh.

As I snatched my glittering aqua bathing suit, the shrivelling laughter that was the blonde traveled up from the pool.

I went towards the window, somewhat thankful my room had the best view in the entire house. Nora sat on the edge of the pool, dipping her toes in the cold water to the right of my brother. He was looking up at her and smiling, a gleeful expression he didn't use often enough.

Of all the people in the world, why did she have to like my brother?

Groaning, I went to move away so I could rejoin them, but then I noticed where his hand lingered.

His long tan fingers sketched watery shapes on her knees – that's why she was giggling so bad. He was flirting.

I didn't know why my teeth ground together, or the speed of my heart increased, or even why I couldn't look at them any longer. I mean, didn't I just say they'd make a great couple? Maybe it was the age difference that infuriated me, or maybe it was the way Dellos didn't seem to care.

I just knew that I was pissed.

I got dressed in record time and left for the back door straight away. Seeing them like that, it had to stop.

"Yeah, he's a hoot, Nora. Come on, let's gossip." I demanded from her as soon as I met back with them. I took her by the wrist and dragged her to the other side, where we sat down on lawn chairs.

Immediately, Nora began rubbing herself up on some lotion. Although, despite how she most likely thought she was being sneaky, I could see the direction in which she was staring behind her huge sunglasses.

I broke under the swell.

"So, I think I'm going to have sex with Dominic this weekend."

Needless to say, that's when she finally decided I was worth her time.

"What!?"

I shrugged, pretending to be nonchalant about it. Even though I wanted her attention, I wasn't lying to get it either.

Dominic and I had been dating since we were fifteen, so it wasn't like I was rushing into anything. He was a virgin too, which meant it was going to be meaningful to both of us. I'd thought about it a lot, concluding that it was time. We were both adults, I trusted him with my life. Besides, he truly loved me; I'd be a fool not to know it.

"Jen, are you being serious?"

Slugging on some sunscreen, I made sure Dellos's head was back under water before I replied.

"Of course I am. Why would I joke about that?"

"Um, maybe because not once in the two years that you guys have been together, have you ever mentioned any interest in sex?" When I rolled my eyes, she leaned in. "You do know it hurts, right? Plus, it's messy."

I was seventeen, not seven. I'd been through the whole birds and the bees talk. I knew that imtercourse was messy, especially the first time. There was going to be blood, it was going to be uncomfortable and, if I was unfortunate enough – painful.

I was ready to show Dominic how much he meant to me; what his partnership meant. It's just a matter of whether he'd say yes or reject me.

"Yes, Nora, I'm fully aware."

"Good. What... when did you even decide on this?"

For what felt like the hundred time today, I shrugged. And the truth was... I didn't actually knew when. I didn't remember thinking about it firsthand, but when I revised it back in my head, it just felt right. It seemed like it was something I was supposed to do, and I wouldn't regret it. Besides, this was Dominic we're talking about – cute, sweet and reliable Dominic.

Nora may deem herself my best friend, but it was my boyfriend I shared everything with. Nora only got the small details, whereas he was my true confidante. Well, except for my brother, of course.

If I couldn't tell Dellos, then it was a telltale sign something was wrong.

And, so far in my life, I hadn't needed to keep anything a secret from him.

"Not taking a dip, firecracker?"

We had stopped fussing at this point and I'd just laid myself down on the chair. So, I peeked an eye open, to gaze Dellos in the face. He was smirking at me, a mischievous look in his eye I'd seen plenty of times growing up.

"No, you know how chlorine affects my hair."

But the mouth just widened.

Nora giggled from beside me, all calm and free of harassment as she usually was. Meanwhile, I scrutinized him closely, looking for the time he'd jump.

"I meant it. Don't."

His chuckle reverberated throughout the whole back garden, then catapulted himself out from the water, as gravity came crashing down on his shorts, wrenching them down just above his private area.

I was so caught off-guard by it I barely registered the scream that clawed its way out of my throat. Because, as life had it, he'd managed to pick me up into his arms bridal style and was carrying me to the edge of the pool.

"Dellos... no. Put me down, please. I'll kill you!"

The expression he rewarded me with would be enough to make any woman in the world pull her panties down by her ankles.

It was perhaps only for a moment though, as we dropped. The force of the water collided with my warm skin, smacking gushes against it. I could feel it between my toes and fingers, the feeling I'd begged not to experience.

I was still within my brother's embrace when I resurfaced, gasping.

"I hate you." I went to hit his head, but he dodged, face close enough to mine that I could make out the slightest of freckles on his cheekbones.

"Come on, it was fun."

Groaning, I removed myself from his hold and went to swim for the edge, but his hand around my wrist stopped me halfway. His fingers were wrinkled and pruned; yet I betted they were still smooth as silk sheets. I would have known for sure had I not been dunked into the water.

He cleared his sinuses with his other hand, then flicked his hair away from his eyes. Eyes that were an exact clone of mine shined back at me, inviting me in.

"I'll pay for your hair tomorrow, if that makes you feel better."

I cracked a smile, it was hard to stay mad at him when he made promises like that.

"Fine, but don't do it again." Splashing him a little, he let me go and rejoin Nora. She exclaimed how 'cute' our scene had been and murmured how she wished he'd go diving elsewhere.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

But, as I sunbathed and exchanged irrelevant conversation with her, I somehow couldn't remove the scarring image that was Dellos' body parts from my head.