‹ Prequel: Anything but Ordinary
Status: To begin soon!!

Close Yet Far

Sequel to Anything but Ordinary.

It Wasn't Love

The empty apartment haunted me more than ever. A gloom settled over the two bedroom East Albany apartment building. White walls turned to grey while shadows cast into the corners causing a mirrored effect onto my soul. The darkness began to consume my mind before traveling down my spine and into my body.

Mistreated.

Lost.

Unloved.

Forgotten.

Four emotions that had had become me. Mistreated by those you used me. Lost on my path in life. Unloved by those I cared for and bore. And forgotten by my closest friends who I crossed state lines with. Before the first trip we were thick as thieves, closer than blood, a sisterhood with a single gay brother.

All torn apart by love.

Love was supposed to build not split up. Yet it tore the nine of us apart and created altered versions of ourselves. Alter versions which held not a single trace of our former beings. Loving, peaceful, united women became jaded, ruthless, greedy girls with a single flash of a credit card. Regardless if it had belonged to their own partner at that.

My half broken nail traced the bargain basement quality couch. Each passing tread reminding me of each misfortune to plaque my life. The misfortunes seemed to surpass the stitching ten fold at least. A single tear crosses my cheek yet I allowed it to continue it's quest as the trail dried hard becoming a badge of honor. Or a badge of horror could be considered more fitting. I had nothing left to lose.

I had already lost it all. Not one thing could bring me out of my inflicted depression.

"I bow down to pray, to try no make the worst seem better, lord show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather."

The ringtone coincided with the vibration of my cell phone yet I couldn't fathom the will power to move. Frozen in grief. Frozen within my black hole of a soul. If only I could sleep. Just sleep it all away. Just sleep away my life in a numb state of mind.

But how?

A sigh escaped my mouth as I leaned back and sled my head onto the top of the low back couch. Another sigh. Another waste of oxygen. What was the point anymore? But what could I really do to solve this?

"I bow down to pray, to try no make the worst seem better, lord show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather."

The phone soon sailed clear across and collided with the wall. It only caused more regret to charge the darkness. Adrenaline mixed with misery became a dangerous cocktail. Why should I be the one to feel this way? The others were so mixed in their world they played happy but why should I be the one suffering. I was hurting because of their actions. They did this to me and I should be preparing to strike. To deal a crippling blow which would return us to our former selves. To bring back the sisterhood.

I was wasting time trapped in self loathing when a plan needed to be hatched and a team built.

It is time.

Jaimie is back. And Bitches better watch their backs.