Status: Shiny new fanfic!

Carpe Diem

A pair of striking baby blue eyes peered from under his wet hood. His thin lips curled into a broad smile. He pulled the hood back, revealing short ginger-blond hair and sharp cheekbones. He had a short beard, just ever so slightly lighter than the rest of his hair. He offered his hand. "I'm Tom," he said. His voice was a smooth, deep purr, like if a tiger could speak. "Ken says you're my shrew. Pleasure to meet you, Miss..."

"Penelope," I managed to stammer, taking his hand. "Penny for short."

"Penny," he repeated. "Goodness, are you American?" I nodded. "Well, Penny, I think we're going to have a wonderful time. I've never heard of you, but I trust Ken's judgement. Ehm, you can let go of my hand now." He winked.


Penelope Matiss chose to leave the United States after her fiancé's untimely death. With a little help from her aunt, she settled in London, UK. By day, she was a waitress. Her true love lay in the arts, however, and she acted on the side. Then one day, one director, one role, one co-star, would change her life.

(A/N: This is ambitious for me. I haven't been to London just yet. I'm writing this at the request of a friend. She gave me the writing prompt and begged for it to be a fanfic about Benedict Cumberbatch. I told her I wouldn't write a romance about someone I knew to be happily married, so she asked for Tom instead. So here he is. I mean him no disrespect or discomfort.)
  1. I
  2. II
  3. III