Status: Slow by steady wins the race

The Lost Egyptian Queen

The Staking

For 210 years, Mursillis and I traveled the world together, at least the world that was known of at the time. We traveled all of Asia, visiting and indulging in each culture, taking part in their night time festivities and feeding from unknowing victims. We met other vampires, made alliances with powerful leaders, and for a time joined a nest of ancient Chinese vampires that had strong ties to their country's dynasty. All were intrigued with me, the female Egyptian Pharoh turned vampire, though I was quick to learn a situation such as mine was not uncommon in my new world.

But, the party was not to last forever, for it was in Greece that my world changed again. We had met with a nest of vampires there who, upon learning of the way we fed, sparing our victim's lives and sanity, deemed us unworthy as vampires, for it was their belief that we were put on this Earth as superior beings and that humans were no more than chattel. This disagreement turned heated, especially between Mursillis and the nest's leader, and quickly turned into a rivalry.

One night, as I sat in our Villa reading the fascinating tales of Greek's ancient mythology, Mursillis flew into the room in a frenzy. He had blood soaked into his tunic and all over his face and arms, and I could smell right away that it was not human, but vampire blood.

"You must hide, Meritaten," he urged, grabbing me and pulling me towards the hidden door of our day room. I did not resist, but I did question him as he hurried to open the door to shove me inside.

"What is happening? Mursillis, what did you do?" My voice came out hushed, as if someone could be listening. Mursillis practicallt shoved me down the latter, but he did not follow.
"Are you not coming?"
"It is too late for me. They will arrive at any moment. I must stand and fight, and by the grace of the gods, protect you, my child."

And with that he swung the door down and latched it before covering it with a rug. Almost immediately after, I heard our villa door open, and at least five vampires entered.

"Mursillis," one of them greeted. I could feel Mursillis' fear, but his voice did not betray him.
"Hericles," he greeted the vampire as if they were old friends. I heard the vampire's footsteps as he walked closer to my maker.

"I came to give you a chance to deny it, but you did not even bother to wash his blood off of your hands," he growled, but Mursillis stayed poised.

"He drew first blood, and you know it," Mursillis challenged. The vampire clicked his tongue.
"Yet it does not matter. You not only broke the law of our kind by killing another vampire, which I may even have forgiven, but, my dear friend... He was my maker," he spoke in an unforgiving and finalizing tone. I placed my hand over my mouth to muffle the gasp that the news elicited. I knew what this meant. They were not going to show mercy.

Immediately after, chaos ensued. The five strange vampires all launched at Mursillis, and because he was old and practiced he was able to fight them for a time, flinging them off of him and trying his best to get to their throats, but five to one were impossible odds, and soon they had him held down to the floor right over top of me.

"Any last words?" The vampire asked, and I strained to listen. It was silent for a moment before Mursillis finally spoke.

"Forgive me, Meritaten."
And before I could even cry out, the horrific sound of a wooden spear staking my Maker's heart pierced my ears, and with one final groan he was reduced to nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I see people are reading, and one even subscribed. I appreciate it. But comments are begged for, as I really could use some feedback!