I’m on Your Side

What We Do Now

That's how I ended up where I am now. Sitting in my best friend's hotel room in New York. My phone had been turned off hours ago, but was currently sitting on the coffee table between us.

"I've only told you he's a jackass a million times now. You had to have seen this coming." My best friend, Emilee, was sitting next to me. Unfortunately she was right, I had seen this coming for a while now. At least since he started coming home with it more and more obvious that he was sleeping with his secretary.

"I guess I just didn't want to see what was happening right in front of me." I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. My eyes found Solomon. He was laying in the floor by my feet. "Well, you can't just sit around moping in my hotel room- I forbid it. So, instead I've decided both you and Solomon are coming to work with me." Clapping her hands together, she had a large smile on her face. "I don't know. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble because of me." I opposed.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! Besides, you love the Batman movies!" She had a fair point.

Emilee was currently employed as a make-up artist on the set of the new Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises. At least going with her would give me a good excuse to sneak off and visit New York.

"Alright, fine, we'll go." I gave in. Clapping her hands together, Emilee had a giant smile on her face as she jumped jumped to her feet. Her sudden movements cause Solomon's head to shoot up from where he was laying in the floor next to my feet.

Reaching out, I grabbed the leash off of the coffee table before leaning down and clipping onto Solomon’s collar. His tail began to wag wildly at the thought of going on a trip somewhere, always the excitable one him.

I held onto his leash with my left hand and with my right hand I reached out and collected my purse and cellphone. Even though I have had the device turned off since I left Jonathan, I might need it while out with Emilee.

Emilee flagged down a taxi and we stopped for coffee before heading to the set. I felt weird using that term. I’d never actually gone to work with Emilee before, even though she suggested it constantly whenever she was in the country.

I clutched to Solomon’s leash with one hand, and my coffee with the other as I walked along side Emilee onto the lot. I felt so out of place here, while everyone was rushing around. They belonged here, I didn’t. “Emilee! Thank goodness you’re finally here! The other girl, Samantha, that’s doing make up has no idea what she’s doing and I swear Christopher is about to have an aneurism because she’s thrown todays whole schedule off!” A girl gasped out, running up to Emilee and I.

“Jeez. Don’t worry I’ll be right there.” Emilee nodded her head, sending the girl off in whatever direction they would be heading. “Alright, Fay, just stay right here. I’ll be back in a few minutes alright?” Clipping something onto the front of my shirt, she walked away. Leaving me standing there like an idiot.

“Well, I guess it’s just me and you, buddy.” I sighed. Solomon let out a huff and sat down in his spot next to me.

Not knowing what to do next, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turned the device on. I gave it a few moments to catch up to everything before looking through all the notifications. I had almost a hundred missed calls from Jonathan, five texts from my mother and three from my father.

He had surely involved my parents in this by now, but who was I to say anything? When I left that night, the first place I went was to my mother.

The three texts I had received from my father were that of worry. Saying Jonathan had contacted him looking for me, and that no one had heard from me, and finally that he wanted to know I was alright.

The messages from my mother were different. Saying that she hoped Emilee and I were enjoying ourselves and saying that hopefully this would give me the space and time that I needed to clear my head. Straighten things out.

Suddenly, my phone began vibrating in my hand, and Jonathan’s name popped up on the screen. Out of habit, I immediately answered the call and lifted the phone up to my ear.

“What do you want, Jonathan?” I breathed out. Solomon’s head snapped up and he looked at me as if he were worried as well. He could read my body language so easily. “Fayre, thank god, I’ve been so worried. Tell me where you are and I’ll come get you. It’s time to come home.” Jonathan exhaled. His voice sounded a bit shaky.

“No Jonathan, I’m not coming home, we’re done, and I mean it.” Sighed, I used the hand that was holding Solomon’s leash to pinch the bridge of my nose. “No, Fayre, you’ve had your time to prance around New York with that friend of yours, it’s time to come home. Now tell me where you are so I can come get you, I’m leaving the hotel now.” I heard keys jingling as he spoke. He actually wasn’t joking around.

My body went stiff, and I suddenly felt like I was being watched. “H-how did you....” my words trailed off, I didn’t even finish my question before he started laughing. “As soon s your mother told me that Emilee was around I knew that you’d be with her. It wasn’t hard figuring out where she would be working.” He was laughing once more.

Hearing Solomon whimper ever so slightly, I felt as if the world around me began to spin. “You stay away from me Jonathan, I mean it.” My voice was weak, I felt as if I might fall over. Once more Jonathan began laughing, loudly.

Did you really think that I would let you go that easily? Now, I’m coming to get you and we’re going home, you belong to me, Fayre.” The line went dead and I knew he had hung up on me. As my hand dropped to my side, someone ran into me at the same time. “Hey, watch it!” Who ever it was snapped at me without even turning around to look at me.

The impact of the person caused my grip to slack, and Solomon took off running. It took my mind a moment to register what was happening.

“H-Hey, Solomon, stop! Come back!” I shouted after the large dog, running after him. People looked at me like I was crazy as I ran past them. I could see the end of his leash dragging on the ground behind him as I chased after him, eventually he slowed down.

However, I didn’t anticipate for him to come to a very sudden stop. Causing me to run face first into a very bare chest. “Oh, shit, I’m so sorry.” I cursed, looking up at the man who was standing in front of me. My mouth went very dry looking over the man standing in front of me. Bare chested with some kind of strange mask over his face. “No, no, don’t worry about it. It’s okay.” He chuckled, his voice obstructed by the mask ever so slightly.

Leaning over, I picked up Solomon’s leash once more, gripping onto it tighter than before. My faithful companion was sitting comfortably next to me, as if he hadn’t just taken off running away from me.

“I just, I want watching where I was going. Solomon doesn’t normally run off like that.” I breathed, reaching out and scratching behind Solomon’s ears. “Oh, this is Solomon? So that must make you Fayre, am I pronouncing that right?” He questioned, holding his hand out to me. I was taken back a bit, not knowing what exactly to say next.

“I-I’m sorry, but do i know you?” I questioned him. He seemed almost taken back by the question, looking around, he grabbed a random person who was asking by. “Mind giving me a hand here mate?” He asked them, pointed to the mask covering his face.

The unknown passerby did exactly as he was asked and pulled the mask off of the mans face, revealing him to be Tom Hardy. Holy shit, I was standing in front of Tom Hardy, and he knew my name. Was I dreaming. “Emilee has told me a lot about you since we started shooting. Solomon as well.” He once more offered his hand out to me.

“Emilee talked about me to you?” I blushed ever so slightly as I took his hand. God I’m going to kill that girl. Reaching down he also offered his hand out to Solomon, who simply sniffed at him before licking his palm. I couldn’t help but laugh. Solomon was normally not too taken with strangers, or people in general; but apparently had no problem with the actor he was named after.

“She did. She also mentioned something about us maybe getting a drink later on tonight after we finish shooting. Is that maybe something you’d be interested in?” He questioned, rubbing the back of his neck- almost as if he were nervous.

My mind flashed back to Jonathan, how angry he sounded on the phone. He was somewhere in the city, and he was looking for me.

“Yeah, I’d like that a lot.” I nodded, smiling up at the man.

But hey, what’s life without taking any chances?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I was trying tofigure out how I wanted to write this and. I think I’ve finally got it!,!