Nothing Without You

Tiny Dancer

“Well Marcel, it’s good meeting you too.” I lied. For some reason, the look in his eyes gave me the intense urge to run. Something wasn’t right about him, I could feel it. “But I should get going.” I quickly finished my drink and before I could stand, his cold hand was on my arm.

“You just got here. Stay, have a drink with me.” His face was kind, but something in his eyes was evil.

“I’m sorry, I should be leaving, someone is waiting for me.” I got up but was roughly grabbed by the arm.

“Is that someone Klaus Mikaelson?” His challenging state made my heart stop.

“Who are you? How do you know-“

“I’ve been keeping an eye on you since your little road trip. I don’t know what you two are hiding, but I’m about to find out. And you’re either going to be a good girl and tell me what’s going on, or I’m going to have to force it out of you.” He smiled, flashing his perfect teeth at me. “You choice.”

“I’m not hiding anything, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Of course that was a lie.

“I see how it is.” He sighed and shook his head. “Too bad, you’re a pretty little.. Whatever you are. We could have been great friends.” I cried out in pain as he twisted my arm behind my back and bent me over the bar. I looked around for help but it was as if no one could see or hear me. “Don’t bother. They’re all compelled, they have no idea you even exist.”

“Why are you doing this? You don’t even know what information you want from me!” He yelled, trying to struggle away from him but failing miserably.

“Because, there is information I don’t know, and anything Klaus knows that I don’t is dangerous.” He shouted at me, and it was so frustrating that no one could hear or see this. “Now, I’m going to ask you this one time. What are you and Klaus hiding?” I thought for a moment before my panic driven mind started racing. What was I supposed to say? I couldn’t out myself, and I sure couldn’t lie. I started crying, my mind not knowing what else to do. “Fine. Then I’ll make you talk.” He pulled something out of his jacket and suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my side. I screamed at the intense pain, and started shaking. I looked down and saw a knife sticking out of my side, which of course made me panic even more.

Before I could fully process what was happening, the pressure on my arm and back was gone and I fell to the ground. I gasped for air, not because of any injury to my lungs, but because of the intense pain and shock of the whole thing.

I looked over to the other side of the bar where Marcel was fighting someone. It took my a moment, but I soon realized it was Klaus, besting Marcel into a pulp. I caught eyes with Marcel and he looked scared. “She’s not a vampire?” He gasped out. He must not have realized that this could kill me, he thought it would just hurt.

I laid my head back against to wood floor and focused on my breathing. I didn’t want to pass out, but moment by moment my whole body ran colder and I got nauseous. I was sure I was going to throw up, but as soon as I tried, I blacked out.

I came to a bit and I was in the passenger seat of a car. I opened my groggy eyes as much as I could and found we were speeding down a highway, faster than light. I heard a familiar voice next to me, shouting. What was he saying? I couldn’t make it out, my ears were ringing and I couldn’t focus on anything.

Next thing I knew an arm was being held up against my mouth, it was wet. I turned my face and felt the blackness take over again. It was so peaceful and quiet...

I opened my eyes again and noticed the car had been stopped. I had no idea where is was, all I knew was that my side was hurting and I felt awful. I was laying back against a broad chest, I felt comfortable and much safer. My vision came into focus and I looked up at my hybrid savior. “Klaus?”

He didn’t respond before pulling his wrist up to my lips. He was bleeding, and I was quickly remembering what happened and I knew what I had to do. I drank from him, and although I expected the normal taste of copper and twinge of salt, this was much sweeter, almost floral. He soon took his arm from me and wiped my mouth with his thumb. I focused on the music over the radio while I settled. Tiny Dancer by Elton John was playing, I closed my eyes and let the music swirl through my ears as I began to heal. He waited a a moment then asked, “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, I think so.” I felt a little out of breath, but that may have just been because of how close I was to him. I sat up on my own and turned to him. “How did you know?”

“That you left?” I nodded, knowing he wouldn’t have heard me. His painting room was too far away. “I went to find you, Rebekah told me you went out for a walk.”

“I’m sorry. I was just angry and I needed some air. I didn’t think something like this would happen.” I felt guilty for this, I hadn’t intended for any of this. I feared he was pissed off.

“What you did was reckless.” He had a stern, authoritative voice, but he wasn’t necessarily angry. “You can’t go out like that on your own, especially at night. Anyone who has any connection with Originals is damned to face this kind of thing. Vampires, werewolves, witches, everything under the sun.. Its us versus them, and it’s kill or be killed. That includes you now."

Having him include me in that made me feel a lot of things. It made me feel like a traitor; my friends despised him and everything he was, he tried to kill Elena and so many other innocent people in Mystic Falls and lord knows where else. I felt scared, not knowing what I'd gotten myself into, but at the same time I felt totally safe because a part of me knew Klaus would always come running. I felt included in this, like I had been accepted to be apart of their little family, even though I knew it wasn't that deep. It was hard to put a finger on what I should have been feeling. "I know that now. I'm so sorry."

"Actually, I only went looking for you because I wanted to give you this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, folded. I opened it to find a drawing of a rose, perfectly placed in the center of the page, laying on it's side. In a beautiful script it read "Forgive me. -Klaus" He sighed and shook his head. "A bit of an apology of my own I suppose. I knew he hadn't done a lot of apologizing in his time, so this was a large gesture on his part.

"Thank you." I said quietly as I scanned over the page. I couldn't help but let a small smile creep onto my face. I looked up at him and before I knew it, my arms were wrapped around his neck, engulfing him in a hug. "For everything." I whispered close to his ear.

It took him a second but he hugged me back, to my surprise. When I pulled back he didn't quite let me go. He looked into my eyes, and I caught his eyes darting to my lips. Just as he went to break the contact, I somehow found the courage to inch closer to him, touching his face with my finger tips. When he didn't move, I took it as a go ahead, because he easily could have said no or pushed me back or given me some type of signal to stop.

My lips lightly grazed over his, my bravery shocked me but I didn't want to think too much about it. I focused on Elton John singing, the words to Tiny Dancer flowed through the car lowly and from then on I would always remember that song and relate it to this moment. I felt his hand tangle through my hair just before he closed the small gap that separated us. His lips were warm and inviting, and he was so soft and gentle, quite the opposite of what you'd expect when kissing the strongest being to ever exist. And just as quickly as this came on, he pulled back to look at me again, uncertainty glazing over his eyes.

Of course this was expected. He was someone with extreme paranoia and trust issues, I would have been suspicious had this look of almost fear not been on his face. I place one more, very light, kiss on his lips before I dropped my hand from his face to his chest, giving him a moment to say something. His hand was now lazily resting on my collar bone, his thumb slowly moving back and forth on my jaw line. "We should get going." He said, almost as if he was still so unsure of what had just happened. I could see he was lost in his own thoughts, much like I had been.

A part of me felt sad that this was over, especially not knowing if this would be a one time thing. What if I never got this chance again? I just nodded and waited for him to get out of the car to get into the driver's seat. I hopped up into the passenger's seat in the front and we went on our way back home.

The car ride was silent, and I began to wonder if I'd done something wrong. When we pulled up to the compound, I stalled for a moment, making him look at me questioningly. "Should I not have-"

"Don't." He said, cutting me off. He already knew what I was thinking, thank goodness. I didn't really want to say it. "You're just fine sweetheart. Go in and get some rest, you've had a tough night." there was an unusual gentleness to him at the moment, I wasn't sure if he was just trying to spare my feelings or if he was thinking the same things I was.

I got out of the car and head over to my room without giving him another glance. I laid in bed and thought about everything that happened, that one intimate moment went through my head a thousand times before I fell asleep. I wondered if he'd done the same thing or if it was just a mistake in his mind.

The next morning I got up feeling sluggish. I went to the kitchen for coffee and found Rebekah sitting at the table, sipping blood from a crystal glass, reading whatever was on her phone. She looked up at me a chirped a cheerful "Good morning!"

"Hey." I said, not bothering to look at her. I was still feeling a little bad about what happened. I didn't know what I expected, that he'd admit he was in love with me and we'd just be together? No way. Klaus was not that easy, he was far more complicated and hard to get close to than that, I already knew that, but a part of me was still disappointed for some reason. I sat down at the table across from her and sipped my coffee in silence, until Klaus came through. I could feel my heart race as he entered the room, and Rebekah immediately looked up at me with questioning eyes. I didn't look at her though, I kept an eye on the hybrid while he dug out a blood bag from the fridge. I felt frozen in my place, my rational mind abandoning me.

"And where are you hurrying off to?" Rebekah asked him as he shut the fridge and made his way out.

"I'll be back." Was all he said as he walked out. Now, in my paranoid and anxiety driven mind, I was sure he was unhappy with me or with what happened. He hadn't even looked at me.

Rebekah quickly turned to me and said "What was that all about?"

"What?" I asked innocently, as if I could fool her.

"I heard the little pitter patter in your chest turn into a stampede of horses the moment he walked in. And isn't it curious that neither of you said a word to each other? Something happened." She accused, and I should have known better than to lie to her.

"Nothing happened." I sighed, and her eye brow rose. She didn't believe me at all. "Okay something happened but apparently it was a mistake."

"Details!" She demanded, setting her phone down and giving me all of her attention.

I groaned, not sure I wanted to relive this out loud. "Last night I tried to talk to Klaus about what was bothering him and he got upset with me." Her face told me exactly what I already knew, that wasn't a good idea. "Yeah I know." I held my hand up in defense, showing her I'd already learned my lesson and I didn't need to hear it from her. "So I got mad and went for a walk to cool down. I ended up at a bar and this Marcel guy introduced himself." Her face suddenly changed into one of worry. "He ended up attacking me, stabbing me actually. And the next thing I knew Klaus was there fighting the guy. I don't know what happened, I blacked out. But I woke up and I guess he'd driven me outside of town to get away from Marcel. He healed me in the back seat of his car." I spaced off as I was talking about this, barely making eye contact with the blond beauty. "He gave me a drawing he'd done as an apology for yelling at me. He'd asked me to forgive him, so I hugged him." I shrugged, feeling stupid. "I could have sworn, when he looked at me, he wanted me to do it. He just had this look on his face.. So I made the first move I guess, but he kissed me back."

"Whoa hold on!" She interjected, smiling. "He actually kissed you? I mean, really?" I was starting to get offended, especially since those thoughts had gone through my mind already. I was nothing compared to him. He was this fantastic hybrid/original, he was a true immortal, legendary even. I was just some girl from a small village, the only thing special about me was that I could raise the dead, which, I mean, how useful could that really be? Rebekah must have seen the look of hurt on my face. "Not like that, it's just.. He doesn't do that." I looked at her, confused. Had he not been in serious relationships much? Or at least slept around like most vampires did? "Look, he didn't even have a thing like that with Hayley. That was a one night thing." She explained, even though I didn't need to know that. I had to admit, I was a bit jealous of Hayley. She was gorgeous and strong, and such a good parent. WHy hadn't he chosen to be with her?

"So what are you trying to say?" I asked, wanting her to come out with it.

"I'm saying that the fact that he kissed you back at all, especially without sleeping with you, is a big deal. Why are you so glum about it?" She asked, and she sound maybe more excited than I was.

"He didn't talk to me the whole way back. And when I tried to talk about it he told me everything was fine and just wouldn't talk about it. And now apparently he doesn't even want to make eye contact with me." I didn't know why I was confiding in his sister, I couldn't imagine she cared that much about his love life, or more so mine.

"Darling, don't beat yourself up over it. Niklaus is different, he needs time. Just leave him be, he'll come to you when he's ready. But personally I think if he were upset about it he'd have said something by now. Nik speaks his mind, if he's not speaking then he doesn't know what to think." I felt a little unsure, but she seemed to want to reassure me. "Believe me, he's my brother. I've known him for over a thousand years, give him time."

I nodded and took in her words, trying to be more positive. "Maybe you're right. Thanks." I smiled, and she gave a warm smile back. "One question though." She nodded, giving me the go ahead. "Why are you helping me? You barely know me."

"I know you enough. I like you Molly, I think you're sweet, and honestly since you've been around Niklaus has been a bit more tame." She giggled, shaking her head as she sipped her blood. "The more killing sprees of his we can avoid the better, and if you're the cause of that then so be it."

"Thank you for your help." I smiled and left to go shower and get dressed. I swore I wouldn't mope around and think about it all day. But at the end of my shower, I started to feel like I was being watched. I turned off the water and opened the curtain, deciding it was nothing. I quickly regretted it when I saw Elijah standing in the bathroom, placing a towel on the rack and a robe on the sink. "What the hell?" I yelled out, covering myself with the shower curtain.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. I saw you come in the bathroom and noticed you didn't have a towel or a change of clothes, I thought I'd bring them to you." It was a nice gesture, but this seemed so creepy to me.

"Oh, uh thanks." I said, very unsure of myself.

"Let me know if there's anything else you need." He smiled and walked out, leaving me entirely confused. I thought he hated me? He had always seemed so leery and weird with me. I did my best to shrug it off and dried off. I covered myself tightly in the robe he'd brought to me. I quickly went to my room and changed into fresh clothes. I decided I would just let everything go and try to make something of my day. I didn't want to be cooped up in the compound all day, so I decided I'd go to Emma and Jared's to try to fix things. I could only hope Klaus wouldn't be mad if he got back and realized I went out alone again.

I head for the door when Rebekah stopped me. "Where do you think you're going? Did you learn nothing from yesterday?"

"Come with me then. I have some friends I need to make amends with." I figured as long as Rebekah was with me I'd be fine.

"Alright." She agreed, standing from her place and adjusting her already perfect blouse. "But after that we have a few things to do." I couldn't imagine what she had in mind, but in my desperation to get out, I agreed.

"Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I rewrote the chapter Forgive ME just because I wasn't happy with it. I hope you guys like this chapter better than the original one (I do lol) LEt me know what your thoughts are in the comments! Thanks!

Ps. Sorry for reworking stuff and all that. I'm sure I should be doing all of this before posting but a lot of times I only think of certain things or decide I want to take a different route after posting. THanks for being so patient!!