Nothing Without You

Entry #1

What was supposed to be a day to free Hope from the frivolous, violent nature of the supernatural world and all the adulthood and responsibility that comes with it, ended up being an entirely different day. In fact, it seems to have been a day for me to wonder about how informed I actually am of the world and the creatures that lurk in it.

I met a girl a bar. Catalina, Cat. And although her beauty was undeniable, her state of nature was beyond anything familiar to me, and that was what drew me to her. Everything about her screamed of the differentiation between her and the norm, her and humans, but she seemed so... unaware. It was as if she had no idea that she or I were any different, or that she had anything to fear in this world. She was shy, but I saw an adventurous gleam in her eyes, and her human problems and life seemed just that. Human. But something about her, the way she carries herself, the way she talked to me, the way she looked at me, there was something different about her.

I find myself repeating the phrases “there’s something different about her” and “what is it about her” in my head over and over. I can’t help but be suspicious of her, but even so, I don’t find her threatening. I’m just so captivated by her, and we only spent the day together. It’s erroneous, the amount of times I’ve found myself engulfed in my thoughts regarding her. I’m vexed by this.

I fear telling anyone about this encounter will point eyes in her direction. She seemed harmless, I felt how sensitive and fragile she was. She was nothing to be feared of prodded at, so I keep silent for now. I can’t decide if I want to see her again, the feelings and thoughts she evoked when we met left me.. Well, like this. If we meet again, may it be a sign of fate, but for now, I forget about her and whatever it is she may be. For now, everything remains as it were.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think every once in a while I’ll be adding Klaus’ journal entries. I think it’s an interesting way to get his thoughts to you all. Let me know what you think!!