Nothing Without You

Entry #2

Hearing Stefan try to deny Cat- or Molly I suppose- information, I knew right away who did this to her. Stefan doesn’t protect just anyone as strongly as this, especially choosing him over a poor, lost girl. Damon Salvatore is to blame.

I’m sure Damon must be her ex boyfriend, of course I don’t know details. I dropped her off at Mystic Grill to talk to Matt Donovan, hopefully he can give her the details we’re missing. As for me, I’m about to head out to find Damon. I don’t know what to expect, so I’ll have to keep my guard up.

I don’t want Cat Molly (that’s going to be hard to get used to.) to know that I’ve figured it out. If I’m wrong, I don’t want her getting her hopes up. I don’t know what she hopes to find by taking her memories back, but whatever happens I hope she finds happiness.

I find my self becoming more fond of her the more I spend time with her. It’s unlike me to get along with someone new like this, I am often far better at creating enemies. But this girl... She is not just a girl. She isn’t just another person, I feel connected to her. Responsible for her in a sense. I don’t know why but I’m so drawn to her that it makes me think I’ve just gone mad.

She fell asleep in the car and I found myself going easy on the brakes, avoiding potholes, and trying not to weave in and out of traffic so much, just so she wouldn’t be disturbed. I stared at her at a red light, admiring her beauty and sweetness, I hadn’t even noticed the light turned green until another driver honked. It’s absurd, the way I’m acting. I can’t even imagine why I feel the need to help this girl. I have enough of my own problems, adopting hers is going to make my life harder.

I don’t know what to do about all this. I want to run from it, run from her. But something in me is screaming to stay by her and watch over her. I guess you could call it the will of the divine, maybe fate forcing me to do this. But it can’t last. She’s no immortal, something will happen to her. Then where will I be?

Look, I’m already speaking as if my life is meaningless without this girl I happen to fancy. Absolutely ridiculous. Weak. I feel I’m in over my head already, and I hope I’m just making this a bigger deal than it actually is. I hope I can drive her back home or leave her here where she belongs and move on with my life. I hope this isn’t the start of something far more sinister.