Out of This World

Chapter 7

Kevin was still swinging when his phone went off. “Hello,” he spoke into his cell phone. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched Kevin. “Okay we’ll be there in a few minutes."

“Who was that?” Nick asked as he jumped off swing.

“It was mom, she said we have take Lexi home because she wants to take her shopping.”

“Shopping for me?” Lexi asked them as they walked to the car.

“Yeah, you need clothes,” Frankie said as he took a seat next the window leaving Lexi in the middle again.

The ride to the house was silent. No one said anything at all but it was a comfortable silence. The got to the house and got out of the car. Lexi followed the boys to where Denise was waiting.

“So should we get going?” she asked

“I guess.”

“Are you boys gonna come?” Denise looked at the boys.

“I guess we could go because it’s a Tuesday and the mall won’t be crowded right?” Joe asked as they made their way back to car.

When they got to the mall, the boys still put there disguises on just in case. The boys split from Denise and Lexi because they were only gonna look at girl stuff as Joe said. Denise was taking Lexi to every store and got her everything she wanted. Lexi was looking at some purple skinny jeans when someone walked up to her.

“Those look cool,” the blond said. “I’m Jaydine.”

“Um …which one do you think looks best the band pink shirt or black and green?” Lexi asked her holding up two shirts.

“I would definitely go with black and green.” She walked over and got some bracelets. “These would go great with that outfit.”

“Thanks. You sure know how to sell.”

“I don’t work here,” Jaydine said and they both began to laugh.

“Are you ready to go pay?” Denise came up to them. “Oh, hello.”

“Hi.” Jaydine waved at Denise

“This is Jaydine. She helped me pick this out.” Lexi showed her the outfit.

“That’s great.” Denise took the clothes and went to pay them.

“Hey, I never got your name,” Jaydine spoke up.

“Oh, my name is Lexi.”

“I have to go meet my cousin were havin’ a movie night…do you wanna come? I’m sure she won’t mind.”

“Yeah, that sounds like fun. I just gotta ask,” Lexi said.

“Ask what?” Denise came up with the bag of clothes.

“Jaydine invited me to a movie night with her cousin. Can I go?”

“I don’t see why not.” Lexi hugged Denise. “Oh I almost forgot I got you a cell phone all of our numbers are in there. Mine, Paul’s, all the boys and the house phone.”

“Thank you.” Lexi hugged her again. “For everything,” she whispered.

“Have fun.”

The boys were getting Starbucks and they hadn’t been noticed yet. There were two girls, there one was taking the orders the other making the drinks. Starbucks was empty which was strange.

“So then I told David that I would go with him,” Stacy said as she leaned on the counter.

“That’s great for you Stacy,” Nina said as she got some things from the back.

The bell at the door rang and Stacy straitened up for the customer. Three boys walked they were wearing hats and sunglasses.

The one that looked oldest came up to the counter. “Can I have three Chai lattes?” He ordered and paid.

“Nina, we need three Chai lattes,” Stacey yelled out as she went to see what Nina was doing. “What are you doing?” she asked as she made the orders.

“I’m getting napkins,” she said as she walked over to the pick up section and bumped into to someone. “Sorry.”

“No its okay.” The one that had ordered said as he looked at her.

Nina looked up and she couldn’t believe who it was. Right there in front of her was the one and only Kevin Jonas, not to mention the guy she totally had a crush on. She looked around and sure enough there were two more guys sitting at a table. She could recognize them even with there disguises on. She mentally freaked as she made her way back behind the counter. She wanted to meet them but she didn’t wanna blow their cover.

Kevin made his back to the table to wait for his drinks. He watched Nina make her way back and help make the drinks.

“You might wanna stop staring before you make a hole in the poor girl.”

“What?” Kevin said as he turned away from the counter and looked at Nick.

“Here you might need this.” He said handing him a napkin and Kevin gave him a confused look. “You got a little something on your face.” Kevin rolled his eyes at him.

“Here’s your drinks,” Stacy said as she put two cups down.

Joe and Nick came up and go them. Nina was putting the lid on the last cup and she walked over.

“Here you go.” She handed the cup to Kevin who gave her a smile.

He noticed that she had bracelet with their logo on it. “A fan,” he thought. Then he noticed she had a second bracelet that said I LOVE The Cute Romantic One. He couldn’t help but smile.

“Let’s go.” Nick and Joe pulled Kevin out of Starbucks.

“Bye…Kevin,” Nina said as she waved at Kevin who was getting dragged out.

Kevin didn’t know what to do he was getting dragged out. He wanted to know her name and to get to know more about her. He had been thinking too much that he didn’t noticed they were almost half way across the mall by now.

“Come on lets look for Mom and Lexi,” Joe said as they kept walking.

After Lexi left with Jaydine, they walked around the mall a bit just hanging out.

“I thought we were gonna go meet your cousin?” Lexi asked as they walked into Starbucks.

“Yeah, she works here.”

“Hey Jaydine. Who’s this?” Nina asked her.

“This is Lexi, she’s new here, and I invited her to our movie night. Hope that’s okay,” Jaydine said as they sat down.

“Yeah, the more the merrier. I’m Nina,” She said shaking Lexi's hand. “Let me just get my stuff and we can go rent a movie.”

Nina walked in the back and got her stuff. She said bye to Stacy and then walked back to the table. “Let’s go.” They walked out of Starbucks and got into Nina’s car.