‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

Before

*****
(Teegan's POV)

After Jimmy's funeral a week later, I decided it was best to leave town. Chester had decided against it greatly, saying that I couldn't just abandon my friends in their time of need. But I was dead set in my choice, I wanted to leave Huntington Beach as soon as possible. So eventually he gave in and we moved our things into his house in L.A. My mom had refused to come with me, saying that I couldn't force her to go seeing as our house was the only thing she had left from my father and as much as I hated it, I agreed to let her stay. My aunt had promised to take care of her but thankfully I was only an hour away if I really was needed. Val was the only person I told about my plans and she understood. I changed my phone number and made sure her, Chester, and my family were the only ones who had it. She knew Jimmy's death was too much for me to take and with Zacky being so vulnerable, she also knew that it was best we stay separated. She promised not to tell anyone where I had gone until the time was right and I was grateful for it. I knew I couldn't keep running away from all of my problems, but this time it really seemed to do the trick. No calls from the guys, no messages or bullshit from Zacky. Life seemed to be working for me so far.

It was Valentine's Day, I had been gone for exactly a month already and Chester was stuck in the studio. I wasn't too bothered though seeing as he was always home usually before too late so we always had a chance to go and do something afterwards if he wasn't too tired. I was in the middle of watching some cheesy zombie movie in bed on Chester's big screen when my phone started to buzz in my lap. Just the person I was thinking of. "Hey babe, how's everything going?" I asked as I finally changed the channel. I could hear loud talking and music in the background until silence a few moments later. "Sorry baby I was passing by the recording booth. Are you ready to go out?" I looked down at my outfit slowly glancing up at the clock. It was already four in the afternoon and I was in gym shorts, a baggy Linkin Park t-shirt, and fuzzy slippers. I hadn't even changed out of my pajamas for the day. Quickly shutting off the TV I walked over to the closet, rummaging through my clothes with the phone still pressed against my ear. "Um yeah I'm ready baby, are you on your way?" I had no idea what to wear and I knew he would be here in no more than fifteen minutes tops. "Yeah I'm about to leave now. I'll be there soon, I love you." I silently cursed to myself grabbing the nicest thing that I owned. "Okay I love you too see you soon." I hung up quickly before rushing into the bathroom down the hall, deciding my shower would have to be short lived.

Right on cue as I slipped into a black strapless dress I heard the front door close. I ran a quick brush through my hair, spraying on a splash of perfume before opening the bathroom door. "Hi babe. I just need to get my shoes." I said as I placed a quick peck to his cheek. "No rush hun, I've had a long day." He said with a slight yawn as he threw himself down onto our bed. I smiled before deciding to lay down beside him. I cuddled up to him close, letting him wrap his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry for being gone all day babe, but you know duty calls." I chuckled softly as I rubbed my hand up and down his stomach. "It's your job and believe me, I know the drill. It's fine, really." He leaned down, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Well come on then, lets get a move on before I make us stay like this all night." He said with a hint of arousal in his voice, wriggling his eyebrows. I giggled softly, patting his knee. "We'll save that for after dinner babe."

(Chester's POV)

I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off of Teegan as we drove to a nice Italian restaurant at the edge of town, her diamond ring shining bright under the light. I had felt bad for making her wait so long at home and truly wanted to make today a special one for her. She had a smile on her face the entire time which warmed my heart greatly but I knew underneath it all, she missed her friends. Even though it was her choice to leave it all behind, I knew it must have broke her heart to do it. Especially since she didn't even tell anyone she was leaving besides Val, that kind of secrecy could tear anyone apart inside. She promised me that she was okay and that she would tell me if anything was bothering her but I still kept a watchful eye on her. As we sat at dinner talking about how both our days had gone and what new things we wanted to do next weekend, I noticed a couple that walked in, looking awfully a lot like Teegan's friends Brian and Michelle.

I didn't want to cause her any alarm until I was positive but the closer they got towards our table, the more I was convinced. "Babe, your friends are here. Brian and his girlfriend." I said in a hushed tone. Her face drained completely of color as her eyes widened in fear. "We have to go, now." I nodded, waiting until the coast was clear enough for us to make a break for the exit.
Unfortunately it was no use as they did indeed notice us, Brian stopping dead in his tracks once he realized it was us he had just walked by. "Teegan? Chester? What the hell?" His tone sounded more hurt than surprised causing Teegan to get up from her seat and bolt out of the place without a word.

I rushed out of the building following after her, seeing the tears falling from her eyes as we made it to the car. I hugged her tightly against me as she sobbed. "Shh babe it's okay, I'm here for you." I tried my best to comfort her once inside but I knew it was no use. She insisted that we go straight home and not another thing was said. We drove in complete agonizing silence back home except for the few sounds of sniffling and crying that could be overheard through the sound of the radio. Once we pulled into the driveway she got out fast and headed inside the house, proceeding to lock herself in the bathroom. I sat patiently outside, resting my head against the door knowing that she was going to eventually tire herself out and want to come to bed. "I love you Teegan, I'm here when you're ready baby." I said quietly, hearing the shower turn on suddenly. I instantly felt terrible that I couldn't do more for her but decided to wait it out and remain here waiting for her. I closed my eyes, deciding that it might be awhile before she came out.

"I'm going to bed." She stated bluntly once she came from inside as I followed her into our room. She changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top before hopping into bed, facing away from me and towards the wall. I sighed deeply as I climbed in beside her and tried to hold her but she only scooted away. "I just want to be left alone please. Goodnight babe." I immediately pulled my hand back in defeat. "I love you." I said sadly, suddenly feeling the urge to cry hit me. She didn't say anything in return, which only made me feel worse.

I was seriously afraid of what could happen next the longer she stayed away, but I prayed our relationship could survive the storm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok everyone! Here is the first chapter! Now I want to tell you all, this is only a before, the main story line is going to be set 8 years later after these next two updates, so I'm so terribly sorry if it's so short, but hopefully you'll bear with me as this progresses, I promise it will get better!! Thank you all for the subscriptions and recommendations so far! I love you all! thank you! :)