‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

Then

*****
(Teegan's POV)

I woke up the next morning alone, no signs of Chester anywhere besides a note left beside my bed on the nightstand. "Baby, I'm sorry for last night. I'll be gone for today and most of tomorrow, I'll be at Mike's working. I love you." I sighed deeply before tossing it aside, the tears already threatening to fall as I got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I sat at the empty dining table with my head down, twirling my phone in my hands. I felt bad for treating Chester the way I did, none of this was his fault, if anything he tried to prevent all of this from happening in the first place. He had so many things to accomplish and he was so incredibly successful, I was beginning to have my doubts about him marrying me. He didn't deserve all the extra baggage that I came with, he deserved someone who could give him all the attention and devoted love he rightfully deserved. I decided to flip on the TV, stopping at the FUSE music channel. I instantly regretted it as Linkin Park's video for "New Divide" came on. Chester was so proud and excited to be a part of the Transformers movies again when they had recorded that video, I remember he couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. By then the tears had come out and I was soon sobbing at the TV as I watched Chester, deciding that I needed to call him and make things right between us as soon as possible.

His phone rang a few times before going to voicemail, so I hung up and tried again. Five times in counting, until he finally had picked up. "Chester." I choked out as the tears kept coming. "Teegan what's wrong?" I tried to take in a few shaky breaths but failed miserably. Jesus Christ, I couldn't even keep it together long enough to have a simple conversation with him. "I-I am so sorry." I
cried loudly, slamming my fist into the table. "Please don't leave me Chester, please. I promise I won't act like that towards you again. I'm so sorry, please." I heard complete silence until I managed to calm down enough to let him talk. "I will never, ever leave you. I know you're going through a lot and I will never abandon you no matter what happens. I love you Teegan, you are my heart and I can't live without that now can I?" I sniffled greatly wiping my eyes on my shirt. God, he was so caring and understanding, I will never understand how I got so lucky to be with him. "Now I will be home in a few hours, will you be okay? Or I will come straight home now, whatever you want me to do babe." I glanced up at the clock seeing it was already noon, I figured I could wait a little while longer. "No no, I'll be okay. Just come home to me when you can. I love you Chester. I love you so much." I could hear faint talking in the background saying something along the lines of "She will be fine man." It must have been Mike, he was always the most concerned about me especially when they found out about Jimmy passing away.

"Go do your thing babe, make me proud." I chuckled softly, sniffling some more. "I love you I will be there by four okay?" I agreed saying that I loved him more before hanging up. I got up from my spot at the table and decided to head into the bathroom. I rummaged through the cabinet drawers until I eventually stumbled upon a bottle of medication. They were antidepressants, Chester's old medicine. He had stopped taking them the moment he met me, he said I was the cure for his saddness which had made me feel like I was the queen of the world, nothing felt more greater than knowing that. But now here I was gripping the bottle tightly in my hands, contemplating whether or not to take them myself. I knew full well the consequences that could occur if I took them but the temporary feeling of relief just seemed like too good of an opportunity to pass up on. I unscrewed the top of the bottle, tossing out a couple of the small white pills into the palm of my hand. I stared at myself deep in the mirror, taking in a deep breath until I put them in my mouth and swallowed hard. I took a sip of water from the faucet, helping them go down easier. I stared down at my hand, it swelled immensely and my ring was stuck tight onto my finger. Not that I had minded, I was proud to have it on me.

I went in our bedroom and laid down on Chester's side of the bed. The smell of him still lingered in the sheets. Finally thinking back to what had happened last night, I decided now would be a good time to call Val. She immediately picked up on the first ring. "Teegan, oh my God. My sister said she saw you guys last night. Are you okay?" I exhaled a long breath, a numbing feeling starting to take effect. "No. I feel horrible. Miss you you all, I wanna go home." I fought back the urge to breakdown into tears again when I heard her crying on the other end. "Oh sweetie, we all miss you too. You always can come back Teegan, you and Chester." As I was about to answer her, I suddenly felt my mouth start to lock and my words slurr. Great, I was seriously hoping nothing like this would happen. "Tee? Hun are you okay?" I couldn't seem to bring myself to make any sort of sense as I tried to speak. My mind seemed to grow fuzzy as I tried to sit up, only succeeding in me falling back down. "Teegan? Where's Chester? Did you take something?" I could hear the worry building in her voice as I hesitated to answer. Finally, I couldn't get another thing out as I proceeded to close my eyes, everything fading to black.

(Chester's POV)

As I wrapped things up at the studio for the day, an eerie feeling seemed to dawn on me as I tried to call Teegan before I headed home. I didn't want to panic any when she didn't answer but something inside told me to hurry up and get to her already. I said my goodbyes to everyone before rushing off quickly, driving as fast as I could without bringing any attention to myself. I must have ran through two stop signs and a dozen red lights when I had finally pulled into our driveway. I raced up the steps, opening the front door. "Babe? You here?" I called out as I shut the door behind me. I decided to check upstairs, praying that maybe she was just sleeping. Sure enough as I peeked my head in the door, I saw her laying in our bed. But something was off. Her hand was still holding onto her phone and she seemed sprawled out awkwardly. I put my head to her chest, feeling a faint heartbeat. She was breathing but just barely. I tried shaking her awake, trying to get her to snap out of it but it was no use. Not knowing what else to do, I dialed 911. "911 what is your emergency?" I tried my best to remain calm as I kept my hand to her pulse, making sure she didn't give out on me. "My fiance, she is barely breathing. She's unconscious. I'm not sure if she took anything, I just came from work." My voice became frantic as I could feel her getting weaker with each passing moment. They gathered whatever information they needed before an ambulance came and whisked us away to the hospital. I held onto her cold hand the entire time, pleading to God that she would survive, I needed her.

Once inside they immediately hooked her up to all kinds of IVs and things, trying to get her stable. I paced back and forth in the hallways, calling everyone I knew and telling them what had happened. One by one every one of my friends and all of Teegan's friends had shown up minus Zack. Val and Matt had came right over to me, tears pouring down Val's face. "Oh Chester, she had called me earlier, I knew something was wrong. She said she took something but I couldn't make out anything she said. I am so sorry." I hugged her tightly, reassuring her that none of this was her fault and that there was no way she could have known Teegan was going to do something like this. I tried to wait as patiently as I could, hours seeming to pass until eventually the doctor had come out of her room. "Mr. Bennington, your fiance seems to have ingested a lethal dose of some strong antidepressants. Any idea where she may have got them? Is she prescribed them? Has she ever tried to commit suicide before?" I violently shook my head no. I didn't want to admit that she had probably gotten them from my old medicine cabinet in the bathroom. But there was no way she was suicidal, Teegan never talked about being that upset. She honestly probably didn't even mean to take that much or even know exactly what she was taking. "I'm being completely honest, I don't know where she could have gotten them from but I know for a fact she isn't suicidal, she just lost her best friend a couple months ago, I know she's in mourning. But I swear to you this isn't what it looks like, she wasn't trying to kill herself. We're going to be married soon, have a family. She wouldn't." The doctor looked at my sternly before handing over some forms to sign. I had to agree to Teegan being placed on 24 hour surveillance just to make sure no complications arise and that she had to be recommended to a psychiatrist. Once I finished filling everything out, I was allowed in to see her. "She had her stomach pumped and given some pain medication so she may not be completely coherent." I nodded before heading inside her room, shutting the door behind me.

Luckily she was awake, her eyes staring up at me in desperation. "Chester." Her voice called out, raw and quiet. "Baby." I went to her side, wrapping my arms around her carefully. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I honest to God wasn't trying to hurt myself, I just wanted something to make the pain stop for a little bit. I found your old pills in the bathroom. I'm so sorry." She cried into my chest. I rubbed my hands up and down her arms, trying to soothe her as she cried. "I know you didn't baby. I know things have been really hard for you. But it's okay, I'm here for you." I took her hand and intertwined it with mine. I kissed the top of it, flashing the ring at her. "See that? That means I'm never leaving you. You're going to be with me forever, no matter what. I love you so much Tee." She started to calm down some the more I talked with her, her eyes eventually starting to grow heavy from the medication. "Your friends are all here baby, they all were so worried about you. But they aren't mad at you so don't worry about that okay? Just focus on feeling better so we can go home. You gotta stay here for the night but don't worry, I'm going to be right here when you wake up baby I promise." She simply nodded her head with a soft yawn before succumbing to the sleepy effect. I kissed the side of her face, feeling a tear trickle down my cheek. I wiped it away as I got up to let everyone else know that she was going to be alright. "She has to stay here for observation but she's gonna be okay. I'm sorry you guys, I know this isn't fair to you, especially since we had just left so suddenly without any explanation. But she couldn't and still can't handle Jimmy's death very well." Brian, Johnny and Matt all shook their heads, tears evident in their eyes.

"I'm going to convince her that we come back home to her mom's place. She needs you guys, I know she does. So I hope you all aren't mad at her. She's really vulnerable right now." They all enveloped me in hugs, saying how all they ever wanted was an explanation to why she left and at least a goodbye so that way they would at least know she was going to be okay, that they could never be mad at her over anything. "Just take care of her Chester, that's all we want. I know you're going to be a great husband to her, so just make sure we all have a wedding to come to soon. I can't wait any longer." I laughed, shaking my head at Matt. "I can guarantee, the wedding will be in a few months tops after the record releases in September." I exchanged our phone numbers, making sure each one of them had Teegan's new number and our address to our house in L.A in case anything God forbid like this was to happen again. They each took a turn going in to see her quickly before the visiting hours had ended.

"Take care of her, she means the world to me." A voice came from nowhere. I turned suddenly, seeing Zacky standing right behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok everyone! Here is chapter two! I hope you all are enjoying it so far, there is lots more twists and turns to come, from here on the story will be set way later, so I hope you all are ready! thank you to all my commenters and subscribers, this is doing really well so far! I love you all! Thank you for all the support! Ideas are always welcomed!! :)