‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

Now

*****
(Teegan's POV)(Flashback October 2010)

It was a cold afternoon, the sun was blocked by dark, dreary, clouds that hung high in the sky. I was getting married today, to the love of my life. After my stay in the hospital I realized I had to repair my friendships and relationships with everyone, for my sake and for theirs. So here we were months later, Halloween to be exact, getting ready for me to become officially Chester's wife. Val was my maid of honor, their son was with Matt's help of course my ring bearer, Leana, Lacey and Michelle were my bridesmaids. Mike was Chester's best man and the others were his groomsmen. And since my father wasn't alive to give me away at the altar Brian had agreed to do it. This day couldn't have been more perfect. I was going to be wearing an elegant black dress with lots of lace, my whole theme was Halloween related actually, and the guys were gonna perform "Warmness on the Soul" for mine and Chester's first dance. And to top it all off we were having the wedding ceremony at Horror Nights in Hollywood, even the priest was in costume.

I was in the dressing room getting my hair and makeup finished when there was a swift knock at the door. Val opened it, revealing Zacky in a casual suit and tie. "Can I have a minute?" He asked coolly, scanning over the room. I nodded, asking everyone to excuse us for a second. "Here, this is for you." He handed over a small black box. I opened it cautiously, seeing a small ring inside. I took it out carefully, examining every inch. "Best friend" was inscribed on the inside of the band. "I know it's cheesy but I just wanted you to always remember me. I'm happy for you and Chester, you look so gorgeous." I felt a tear run down my cheek as I pulled him into my arms tightly. I let him slip the ring onto my right hand. "I love you, Zee. I will never take it off. You will always be a part of me." He sniffled softly, pulling back to kiss the side of my face. "You have to finish getting ready Tee. There's a great guy out there waiting for you. I'll be watching." I gave him one last hug before he left quickly, telling everyone that they could come back in.

"I know he's hurting, but I love Chester. I'm so excited to become his wife in a couple of short hours." I said softly to Val who nodded, placing her hand to my shoulder. "I'm so happy for you two, you look amazing Tee. I can't wait until Matt asks me to marry him." She sighed romantically, blinking her eyes in admiration. I giggled swatting her hand away playfully. A few minutes later Michelle announced she had finished the many curls in my hair, making Lacey able to finally add the finishing touches to my makeup. I looked myself over in the large mirror with a huge grin. I looked like a total gothic princess. I gave them all tight hugs, tears trying to fall as they told me how beautiful I looked. "Don't make her cry, you'll ruin her makeup!" Lacey warned with a laugh. We all proceeded to burst out in a fit of laughter until another loud knock at the door interrupted us. It was Matt this time, a slight look of concern on his face. "Matt, what is it?" I asked suddenly worried. He rubbed the back of neck nervously but smiled in the end. "I'm not sure why they made me come do this, but it's time Tee. He's out there waiting for you." My eyes grew wide in shock when I realized what he had said. I drew in a few deep breaths before giving them a thumbs up. "Let's go get me married."

I could feel all eyes on me as Brian and I headed down the isle slowly. The feeling of nervousness tried to overtake me as I got closer and closer to Chester but I quickly shook it away. He looked so handsome, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I gave Brian a kiss on the cheek as he handed me over, Chester took my hand and intertwined it with his firmly. The priest read over all the usual things to Chester first and then to me, both of us saying "I do." without any sort of hesitation. "Now the couple would like to read their own vows they have wrote for each other. The groom will go first." My eyes stared deeply into Chester's as he began, my heart pounding. "Teegan, I never knew what the meaning of life truly was until I met you. You took me out of the darkness and brought me to the light. You are my angel, my eternity. I love you Teegan, forever and always." Tears had long since ran down my face as he finished, putting the ring on my finger signaling it was my turn. I tried my best to pull it together enough to read mine. "Chester, from the moment I met you I knew this was meant to be. You are my king and I am your queen. I love you now, I love you in the future and I love you in death. You are my forever." Once I had finished I instantly noticed tears running down his face as well as I slid the ring on his hand next, the priest grinning at both of us. "If there are no objections, I would like to present to you for the first time, Mr and Mrs. Bennington. You may kiss your bride."

Our lips met in a tearful yet passionate kiss. All of our friends and family were cheering for us, making it even harder for me to stop crying. "I love you, Teegan Bennington." He whispered in my ear as he held me close against him. I sighed contentedly as I looked up at him, I absolutely loved the sound of that name. "I love you too, babe." He smiled wide before kissing me over and over, the sounds of everyone's cheers and whistles making me blush in happiness.

We had planned our honeymoon to be at a beautiful five star hotel in Mexico, my choice of course, and I was thrilled to be leaving in a few hours. Now the only thing we had to get through was the reception and from the looks of all the food, desserts and drinks that were being served, this was going to be one long night. Chester and I had fed each other a piece of our wedding cake, the guys and everyone yelling at us to smash it in our faces. Thankfully he didn't, because I wanted to make sure that I looked good during our first dance still. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed. Dancing with him while my best friend's played, staring into his eyes and seeing the love he had for me clearly evident, my heart couldn't seem to control itself as I kissed him deeply.

I truly had found the love of my life and I was not going to ever let him go.

(Teegan's POV)( End flashback, present day)

It has been 7 years since I had married Chester. We never moved back to Huntington Beach and stayed in L.A. despite the protest from my mom. We had made it our priority every year to spend all holidays and birthdays over there with her and see all the guys and everyone. Val and Matt eventually got married a year after me, then did Brian and Michelle. Johnny and Lacey were married just last year and as for Zacky, he was still single. Avenged had blown up in success, releasing albums and DVDs, I was so proud of them. Linkin Park had since then released many albums and went on to do two full world tours in the years since, me of course coming along as the bands photographer once again. We went to France, Italy, Greece, London, it was all such an amazing experience for me and it honestly only made our relationship as husband and wife grow stronger than ever.

Of course, since then we've tried to have a baby somewhere in between all the chaos but as I said before it was nearly impossible. Which I see as sort of a blessing in disguise, because to be honest it would be really hard to have to give up my photography and touring career right now to raise a child. Although I know for a fact Chester would be an amazing father, it was just for the best of things. There were still those moments when the depression would come back though, sometimes one day being completely worse than the other. But I still remained by his side because I made that commitment to him through the good and bad I would always be there. We almost hit a snag in the first couple years, but thankfully we were able to pull out of it with no problem. Chester was having an episode so bad that he had told me he wanted a divorce and told me that I had always belonged with Zack. He tried to take off the ring Zacky had given me as a wedding present and when I refused, he lost it. I ended up leaving to go to see my mom for a few hours, only finally returning home when Chester had called me to apologize. But since that incident, nothing too big hasn't happened and everything has been going smoothly.

They were currently in the studio working on a new album and it was another long day at home alone. Chester hadn't called me much today and didn't come home last night either, which wasn't too out of the ordinary except he always at least told me about it first so I could plan something out for the day. I decided to try to call him, straight to voicemail it went. I left a brief message saying that I loved him and wanted him to call me back if he could find the time before heading upstairs to our room to change for the day. I was rummaging through our mess of clothes when I noticed a small folded up piece of paper tucked up in one of Chester's pants pockets. I knew I never had a reason not to trust him, but the temptation to read it gnawed at me greatly. I threw the pants back in the laundry basket, not wanting to give in to the feeling that it could be something he meant to hide from me and left to take a shower. While I stood there letting the hot water bless my skin, I couldn't seem to keep the thought of why Chester didn't answer my calls off of my mind. And now finding something in his clothes only made me more anxious to know too. Once I got out and headed back into our room to change, against my own advice did I soon find myself opening up the paper and reading its contents. It was just a simple phone number and nothing else. No name, no explanation as to who it could be. Not wanting to jump to conclusions right away, I tucked it safely back in his pocket as if it had been completely untouched. I suddenly found myself staring down at my hand, my ring still shining bright on my finger. I had never taken it off, not even once.

As I tried once more to call him, it sadly still went right to his voicemail. I tried to fight off the tears that started to fall as I choked on my words, leaving him yet another message. "Babe, please just call me when you can. I-I just really need to talk with you okay? I love you." I made sure to hangup the phone before I started to break down in sobs. I was devoted to Chester, I loved him more than life itself.

But now I wasn't so sure if he really felt the same anymore. And it broke my heart to think that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok everyone, from here on the story will be set at present time! except for the occasional flashback maybe, I'm still debating on whether or not to sadly keep Chester in this story still, seeing as during my original idea he was still alive, but it's completely up to you all, im asking for opinions! The next update will be an eventful one. thank you for all the feedback so far, it's greatly appreciated! enjoy :)